UPDATED: APC Graphs plus Amperage used Calculation

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

moon1234

Post by moon1234 »

You could always change the default output format for the probe to F. Then you would not need a CDEF. That is what I did. then query OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.10.2.3.2.1.4.1

You will get the temp output in F instead of C.
sloop

Post by sloop »

Thank you for the great templates! Working well on my AP9619 cards.
[url=http://www.tqhosting.com/]Tranquil Hosting[/url] - NC Managed Servers and Colocation
rhettardo

Post by rhettardo »

moon1234,
yes. for some reason (which i cant think of right now) i wanted to keep both using a cdef or not. i think i was having some weird issues at one time before i used the cdef supplied by striker. thanks for the insight. i appreciate any review since i am an amateur at this.
rhettardo

Post by rhettardo »

I recently had migrated cacti and in the process upgraded and ran into problems with my Amp usage graphs (really the cdef).

Unfortunately the way I accomplished these graphs was a bit ungraceful. What I ran into was the cdef trying to calculate against datasources A and E when it should be A and B. To make sure this is the case go do a graph debug on the appropriate graphs and you should clearly see the apc_load DS as A and the apc_volt_in DS as B. Here is an example:

DEF:a="/var/www/html/rra/ups1_apc_load_1669.rrd":apc_load:AVERAGE \
DEF:b="/var/www/html/rra/ups1_apc_volt_in_1668.rrd":apc_volt_in:LAST \
CDEF:cdefa=a,3,*,10,*,b,/ \