Host MIB - Available Disk Space not graphing on 4 servers

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

I just pm'd the log file you requested.
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

I deleted the server and re added it back into the system. Same issue is occuring.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

1) the log file didn't appear to contain any polling information. The log is only useful after cacti has ran a polling cycle. Additionally, just attach a text file with the log to this forum post. Please try again.

2) You didn't really need to delete the server, just the "Available Disk Space" query.

So let me get this straight, on the server in question, all other snmp queries work fine, except the Available Disk Space one; even though the verbose query properly returns data ?
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

The log file also contains server information. I dont feal that posting a log of all our servers on a forum is a great idea. I've all ready deleted the server and re added it back in with the same graphs. Yes, all other querys work fine. Its just the available disk space. And yes it properly returns data. Can i PM the log to you instead of going through the whole file to rename the server names?
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Ok.

I suggest you upgrade your cacti installation though, since there have been a LOT of bugs fixed since 0.8.6h. That'll hopefully fix your disk space problem.
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

Installed the latest version and the issue is still occuring.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Latest version is 0.8.6j and there are some additional patches.

Are you running poller.php or just cmd.php? I didn't see any entries in your log file about rrdtool running, which is bad.

If you manually run the scripts for disk space, like they are being run in the log file, do you get any data back on the two servers? i.e. run:

Code: Select all

PHP c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php ss_host_disk SERVER 35 1:161:1000:public:::MD5::[None] get total 1
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

I'm just running poller.php as a scheduled task and i have cmd.php set for my poller in the system. How do i get the rrdtool to run. Wouldn't this affect all graphs and not just the disk space?

When i run that php command i get this back

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php on line 26

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php on line 43
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

I updated php and rrdtool and now for the totals i get -1.#J
I did a search on it and the only solution i could find is switching to cacid instead of poller.php. That wont work for me due to Thold and the e-mail issue with cactid.

Any ideas?

also... now that i updated to the latest version of everything... im getting an error when clearing the log file.

http://forums.cacti.net/about19203.html

Yes the cacti administrator user has rights to the directory.
chown -R Administrator log/
And when the poller runs it "only" reads OK for everything and not Ok ...@%$%@# (information)
This is my error with that issue...

Warning: fopen(c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/log/cacti.log) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\utilities.php on line 558

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\utilities.php on line 559

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\utilities.php on line 560
Cacti Log File Cleared

I'm thinking of starting from scratch... this is getting ridiculous

Is there any documentation on backing up the current settings and files and reloading the server from scratch?
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

I'm going to attempt getting off of windows and going to cacti ez... Sound like a good idea?

Thanks for your help.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

malichidemonos wrote:Yes the cacti administrator user has rights to the directory.
chown -R Administrator log/
Why are you using linux commands on Windows? Follow my installation guide -- you need to give the IUSR_ and IIS_WPG accounts modify rights on the cacti/log and cacti/rrd directories.
malichidemonos wrote:Is there any documentation on backing up the current settings and files and reloading the server from scratch?
Yes, http://www.cacti.net/downloads/docs/html/upgrade.html
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

Reloaded system with cacti EZ and everythings is all good. All servers are comming back with all their proper information. Thanks.