Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi Gilles,

>As there is an availability value in the "devices" pages, I tought there is a way to calculate this info. But i don't know how :oops:
these availability values you've meant are all saved in the host table. I could imagine that they will be updated during every polling cycle. Reportit only supports values which are saved via RRDtool, but nan's are not significant enough for that.

>For the file I'm looking for, it's the same malicorne modify in a previous...
I'll also integrate malicorne's modifications into v0.4.2, so IMO it would be better to wait.

>For the schedule point, i saw that we can schedule a report, i.e the values are refreshed in the "reports" tab. But is it possible to generate the csv file somewhere on the hosting machine automatically? If this is the case, how?
Not yet, but I'll write it on the wish list.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
torstentfk
Cacti User

Post by torstentfk »

[quote="browniebraun"]Hi Gilles!

>Is it now possible to generate Availability reports?
No. But how do you define "Availability"?

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

#mailto="YXYY"

if [ $# -lt 1 ]; then
  echo Das Script erwartet als Parameter eine/mehrere Email-Adressen
  echo z.b. avail-report.sh "test@de.com,l@l.com"
  exit 1
fi
mailto=$1

if test -f  /tmp/avail-report.txt ; then
 rm -f /tmp/avail-report.txt
fi

hostn=`hostname`
echo "Location","Device","Availability \(%\)","Uptime \(d\)" >  /tmp/avail-report.txt

case "$hostn" in
XXXX?1)
 host="Muenchen"
;;
*YYYY*)
 host="Duesseldorf"
;;
esac

echo "SELECT host.description,host.availability, uptime.uptime FROM host left join uptime on uptime.id=host.id ORDER by host.availability,host.description; UPDATE host SET total_polls = '0',failed_polls = '0';" | /tsystems/soft/soft_mysql-4.1.15/bin/mysql -u cacti --password=XXXXXXXXXX cacti | grep -v  desc | awk '{h="'$host'" ;print """h "",""$1"",""$2"",""$3/8640000""";}' >> /tmp/avail-report.txt

mail -s "Availability-Report Monitored Device from ${HOSTNAME}" ${mailto} < /tmp/avail-report.txt

if test -f  /tmp/avail-report.txt ; then
 rm -f /tmp/avail-report.txt
fi

Put this into crontab.

Torsten
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi Cacti Community!

Here it is, the update to v0.4.2!
This version also includes the improvements of the unpublished v0.4.1. That means I've made some Java Bugfixes as well, so everybody who uses the Firefox/Mozilla should be able to create his own calculation formula in a quicker way by clicking on the blue displayed names.
Following bugs has been also fixed:
  • Sorting of the result table
    Wrong decimal separator
    Some issues with the SQL statements
Following points are new:
  • Tooltips for the report view
    Graph view relates to the reporting period (suggestion for improvement by malicorne)
    Date format relates to the individual user settings (suggestion for improvement by malicorne)
    PHP bindings for windows will be supported too. (It has been successfully tested with Cacti Beta Installer 1.5 for Windows!)

Update (07/01/2007)
    Ups! I've something forgotten:
    The reporting periods "Last Week (Mon-Sun)" and "Last Week" (Sun - Sat) have been also added.
Last but not least I added a new function called "f_grd". I wrote it last Saturday evening while I was thinking about a solution for making a trend analysis. It returns the gradient of an estimated straight line by using the method of linear regression. To give you an impression I will add the pictures below. For a better explanation of the results I've drawn 2 straight lines by hand.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Attachments
results.PNG
results.PNG (5.69 KiB) Viewed 10101 times
gradient.png
gradient.png (27.8 KiB) Viewed 10101 times
measurands.PNG
measurands.PNG (9.26 KiB) Viewed 10101 times
reportit_v0.4.2.tar
(280 KiB) Downloaded 1191 times
Last edited by browniebraun on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

browniebraun wrote:Here it is, the update to v0.4.2!
THANKS Andreas! Now reportit does everything I need, so you can take a rest ;-)
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
Ahuber
Cacti User

Post by Ahuber »

I think this is a bug; when I go to fetch details for the month, using the drop down list (Sliding Time Frame) and go to current month, it goes to a 404 page. So then I reload the page, and that report shows 'in progress,' indefinately, i think..
The data source is only one datasource...

Anyways, i am using v0.4.2 with cacti_rrd (Instead of php-binding) with CactiEZ - 0.8.6i
BTW, this is pretty good brownie, keep up the good work.

PS: I never had luck with php-binding, anyone else successful in CentOS?

Thanks guys!
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Ahuber wrote:I think this is a bug; when I go to fetch details for the month, using the drop down list (Sliding Time Frame) and go to current month, it goes to a 404 page. So then I reload the page, and that report shows 'in progress,' indefinately, i think..
The data source is only one datasource...

Anyways, i am using v0.4.2 with cacti_rrd (Instead of php-binding) with CactiEZ - 0.8.6i
BTW, this is pretty good brownie, keep up the good work.

PS: I never had luck with php-binding, anyone else successful in CentOS?

Thanks guys!
Sounds like a loop. I'll send you a private message to clarify your configuration. This will be necessary to isolate that bug by the number of possibilities. At the moment I'm not able to reconstruct this issue with my local configuration.
If you have phpmyadmin or something similar you can reset this locked report by changing the value of the column "in process" in table "reportit_reports".
I hope Jorge will also have some to time to support this case.

Best regards
-Andreas-

Update (07/01/2007)
Reportit v0.4.2 supports the new sliding time frames "Last Week (Sun - Sat)" and "Last Week (Mon - Sun)".
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
xlimbo

Post by xlimbo »

I'm trying to create a report and I think there's probably something I'm doing wrong because it always includes the timestamp field of the rra on it, just as if it was a counter...
The data template is the default 'Interface - Traffic' (I also tested it with the Processes data template but still the same problem).
Since this is a really great plugin which I intend to use intensively :) I'm wondering if someone also had this same weird problem...
I'm sending an image of the report in attach just to illustrate what I'm saying.

I'm using Cacti 0.8.6j with MySQL 4.1.19 on a Linux FC5 box.

Thanks for all the possible help and best regards.
--
XicoLimbo
Attachments
Report created from the 'Interface - Traffic' Data Template
Report created from the 'Interface - Traffic' Data Template
report_test_timestamp.jpg (40.51 KiB) Viewed 9893 times
--
XicoLimbo
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Are you really positive that your data template contains only two data source items (traffic_in and traffic_out) instead of three ones?
The plugin automatically calculates the results for every data source item that has been found in the definition of your data template.
You can also see it under "Interim Results" when you're creating a new measurand.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
xlimbo

Post by xlimbo »

browniebraun wrote:Are you really positive that your data template contains only two data source items (traffic_in and traffic_out) instead of three ones?
The plugin automatically calculates the results for every data source item that has been found in the definition of your data template.
You can also see it under "Interim Results" when you're creating a new measurand.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hi there.

Yeps, I just tried creating a new measurand and in the "Interim Results" I only get the traffic_in and traffic_out counters (as it should be), please see image below.
But when I check the database the ds_description at the reportit_reports table I get "timestamp|traffic_in|traffic_out". Is this how it should be?

Best regards.
--
XicoLimbo
Attachments
Interim Results
Interim Results
interim_results.png (15.17 KiB) Viewed 9867 times
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

How did you configure the connection to RRDtool?
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
xlimbo

Post by xlimbo »

I did it through the RRDTool Cacti connection.
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

xlimbo wrote:I did it through the RRDTool Cacti connection.
... and there should we look closely. Check you private messages.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
zorrosam
Cacti User

manual powerpoint reportit!

Post by zorrosam »

Hi ALL!

I need a manual ppt of reportit!
Anyone of you have an update of that .... th last version is about the 0.2 version.

Thanks!

Sam
Ahuber
Cacti User

Post by Ahuber »

Thanks Brownie, that fixed the "in process" problem. Even when I manually define a month worth of data, it hangs. It seems I can go up to two weeks or so (definatley not 3 weeks) without that problem.

Hope this helps!
Thanks!
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

xlimbo wrote:Yeps, I just tried creating a new measurand and in the "Interim Results" I only get the traffic_in and traffic_out counters (as it should be), please see image below.
But when I check the database the ds_description at the reportit_reports table I get "timestamp|traffic_in|traffic_out". Is this how it should be?
This issue depends on a change of RRDTool's output format between version 1.0.x and 1.2.x.
Everybody who uses 1.0.x and has the same issue can replace the following library file. I'll also integrate this bug fix into the next minor release.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Attachments
funct_runtime.tar
(20 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3