Realtime 0.36 - Released

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

cspenpen
Cacti User

Post by cspenpen »

roddie wrote:Running 0.42 (with 0.8.7g) here, and getting the following instead of an image:

Code: Select all

/cacti/plugins/realtime/graph_image_rt.php?graph_start=-60&graph_end=0&local_graph_id=19&ds_step=5&count=0&timetweak=1280452737
I have the same issue, only IE 7.0 works fine, chrome and firefox didn't.

this is my cacti info
Apache/2.2.3(CentOS)
Cacti 0.8.7g
PA 2.8 (realtime 0.4.2)
Net-SNMP 5.5
RRDTool 1.3.9
PHP 5.1.6

here is my /var/log/httpd/error_log
PHP Warning: array_merge() [<a href='function.array-merge'>function.array-merge</a>]: Argument #1 is not an array in /var/www/html/cacti/include/plugins.php on line 31, referer: http://172.30.0.172/cacti/graph_view.ph ... first=true
[Fri Aug 13 17:49:27 2010] [error] [client 172.30.0.72] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: plugins in /var/www/html/cacti/include/plugins.php on line 31, referer: http://172.30.0.172/cacti/graph_view.ph ... first=true
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Thanks for this. I guess in config.php add the following for now:

$plugins = array();

Making a note to change the PIA to not require this.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
cspenpen
Cacti User

Post by cspenpen »

TheWitness wrote:Thanks for this. I guess in config.php add the following for now:

$plugins = array();

Making a note to change the PIA to not require this.

TheWitness
thx.
I added $plugins = array(); in config.php, there is the httpd error msg again.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Set display_errors=Off in php.ini and restart apache.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
brightm
Cacti User

Post by brightm »

Can any one post the latest stable version of realtime. I am still getting the following error on version 0.42

Notice: Undefined index: graph_popup_rt.php in C:\wamp\www\cacti\lib\plugins.php on line 454

where the icon for the realtime graph selection should be.

Thanks.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Edit php.ini and turn display_errors=Off. Restart your web server. Also, please insure that you install/enable from Plugin Management and don't use the plugins array.

TheWitness

brightm
Cacti User

Post by brightm »

Hi Witness, turning off display_errors and re-installing via plugin management worked....but do you know why cacti would grind to a halt after using realtime? I sometimes have to restart.

Cacti version = 0.8.7g
PIA = 2.8
Realtime = 0.42
Windows = Server 2003
CPU = 2 * Intel Xeons @ 2 Ghz
Mem = 4 Gb

Thanks
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Dont let too many people access. Could be a time out too. Not familiar with your system

xavierds

Post by xavierds »

I've a new installation of cacti. I'm using the version 0.87g with PIA 2.9 beta 2.

My installation of cacti is in /usr/share/cacti

I've installed this plugin and set the cache directory in /usr/share/cacti/plugins/realtime/cache. I've set to this directory a chmod 777.

After configured the plugin I don't receive any error from it but I couldn't saw any graphs.

The log of apache2 give me this error and no rdd file are presents in the folder. I supposed is a problem of apache but I don't know what.

[Tue Aug 31 12:37:58 2010] [error] [client IPClient] File does not exist: /usr/share/cacti/plugins/realtime/plugins, referer: http://IPSERVER/cacti/plugins/realtime/graph_popup_rt.php?local_graph_id=1
[Tue Aug 31 12:37:58 2010] [error] [client IPClient] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Aug 31 12:38:14 2010] [error] [client IPClient] File does not exist: /usr/share/cacti/plugins/realtime/plugins, referer: http://IPSERVER/cacti/plugins/realtime/graph_popup_rt.php?local_graph_id=1

Thanks a lot for your time.

Xavier Delcour
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Are you using the latest version from the doc site?

xavierds

Post by xavierds »

TheWitness wrote:Are you using the latest version from the doc site?
I was using the version on the fist post of this thread. I've download and installed the version on the doc site.

Now I've the version 0.42 and I've the rrd files but no graphs. On my cache directory are presents all the rrd files.

Now this is the error I'm having:

[Tue Aug 31 14:48:28 2010] [error] [client IP] File does not exist: /usr/share/cacti/plugins/realtime/plugins, referer: http://SERVERIP/cacti/plugins/realtime/graph_popup_rt.php?local_graph_id=4
[Tue Aug 31 14:48:28 2010] [error] [client IP] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico
So is the same error but now I've this rrd files.

Thanks a lot for your time.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Can you grab the latest lib/database.php from svn and apply it? Its in branches/087

Also, please confirm that $url_path is set in config.php

xavierds

Post by xavierds »

TheWitness wrote:Can you grab the latest lib/database.php from svn and apply it? Its in branches/087

Also, please confirm that $url_path is set in config.php
I just add the line $url_path into the config.php and it's working. Do you recommend me to install from the svn the latest lib/database ?

Thanks a lot TheWitness for all your help this last days.

Now everything seems to work, I only have to read now how to integrate the datasource so I could take by snmp the info of our routers and switches.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

The patch should be official in the next few days. Keep your eye on the patch section of the main website.

TheWitness

rhart211

Re: Realtime 0.36 - Released

Post by rhart211 »

I have a fresh install of cacti 0.8.7g and PIA 2.9 beta 2.

However, when I run realtime I get the same error message instead of a graph:

/plugins/realtime/graph_image_rt.php?graph_start=-60&graph_end=0&local_graph_id=1&ds_step=5&count=0&timetweak=1286568094

I have the $plugins = array(); in my config.php

Is there something that I am missing?