Uptime plugin (reboot monitor)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

rdege
Cacti User

Partial SUccess

Post by rdege »

badler161,

I was able to get partial success with the plugin, but it required abandoning uptime-0.4 and using uptime-hj.

I used the host.php in the "uptime-hj/patch files" directory as a template to patch the 0.8.7d host.php file. It was easier than I expected, and it resulted in about 90% functionality. I now have the Uptime menu tab at the top, and the uptime of each device listed in the device list. I can enable/disable uptime using the toggle switch within each device's setup section.

The only problem that I haven't been able to fix is with the action drop down menu in the device list. I have duplicate entries for enabling/disabling uptime as well as enabling/disabling monitor. None of them work, and I haven't dedicated any time to fixing it since I can manually enable the feature in a device's setup section.

So for the most part, I'm happy with the results, and I like having the uptime listed in the device section. I haven't found a real use for the uptime menu tab at the top, but that feature can always be turned off.

Hope this helps

-Rob

PS - Oh, column sort doesn't work properly either :)
zgamer
Cacti User

Re: Has anyone gotten uptime to work with PA 2.2?

Post by zgamer »

badler161 wrote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function uptime_version() in /var/www/html/plugins.php on line 219
The Uptime plugin was written for an older version of the plugin architecture.

To fix this go into your uptime folder and edit the setup.php
Add the following lines

Code: Select all

function uptime_version() {
 return plugin_uptime_version();
}
Once that is done you need to install/enable the plugin in general and for the specific user.
bigturk

uptime

Post by bigturk »

I got the plugin int he plugin directory and i edited the global.php file to get the plugin in a running status, but no tab. PA is 2.4 Cacti is 0.8.7d
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: Partial SUccess

Post by Howie »

rdege wrote:I haven't found a real use for the uptime menu tab at the top, but that feature can always be turned off.
Once you start logging reboots, it becomes useful to spot that customers really have rebooted the CPE when you asked them to, or to spot that the device gets it's power pulled every night that the cleaner is there (we actually had this one - they unplugged the UPS to plug in a vacuum cleaner!).
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
bigturk

Post by bigturk »

i entered that code in to the setup.php file and now when i refresh my cacti page the page doesn't load.
what do you think is going on?
bigturk

Post by bigturk »

i can see that the uptime is being pulled. i still for some reason cant get the uptime tab.
does anyone have any thoughts.
9Nails

Post by 9Nails »

Has anyone had luck with this plugin? I'm running Cacti 0.8.7e, and with the help of zgamer's instructions above I was able to fix my setup.php installation problem. And now it shows as installed, I have an Uptime tab. And I've made sure that my account has access to Uptime, and I've added some devices to be checked for Uptime. But the Uptime tab remains an empty list. And poller only shows: 01/15/2010 12:00:06 PM - UPTIME: Poller[0] Checking uptime

Any help would be appreciated.
9Nails' system configuration:
Cacti Version - 0.8.7e
Plugin Architecture - 2.5
Poller Type - Cactid v
Server Info - Linux 2.6.9-89.0.11.plus.c4smp
Web Server - Apache/2.0.63 (CentOS)
PHP - 5.1.6
PHP Extensions - libxml, xml, wddx, tokenizer, sysvshm, sysvsem, sysvmsg, standard, SimpleXML, sockets, SPL, shmop, session, Reflection, pspell, posix, mime_magic, iconv, hash, gmp, gettext, ftp, exif, date, curl, ctype, calendar, bz2, zlib, pcre, openssl, apache2handler, gd, ldap, mysql, mysqli, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, snmp, eAccelerator
MySQL - 5.0.82sp1
RRDTool - 1.2.23
SNMP - 5.1.2
Plugins
  • Global Plugin Settings (settings - v0.5)
    Large Site Performane Booster (boost - v2.4)
    Network Tools (tools - v0.3)
    Syslog Monitoring (syslog - v0.5.2)
    Device Tracking (mactrack - v1.1)
    Login Page Mod (loginmod - v1.0)
    Update Checker (update - v0.4)
    FlowView (flowview - v0.6)
    Host Info (hostinfo - v0.2)
    Error Images (errorimage - v0.1)
    PHP Network Weathermap (weathermap - v0.96a)
    docs
    Cacti-ReportIt (reportit - v0.6.1)
    Router Configs (routerconfigs - v0.2)
    WMI Query (wmi - v0.1)
dldiego

Re: Uptime plugin (reboot monitor)

Post by dldiego »

Hi, i just install the plugin, but not work. I have the Cacti Version 0.8.8.a with Plugin Architecture 3.1 .
When i unzip the /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/uptime , then i go to the plugin management and appear a blank page.

Anybody know how to fix that problem?

Thanks.
JoosepGeorg

Re: Uptime plugin (reboot monitor)

Post by JoosepGeorg »

dldiego wrote:Hi, i just install the plugin, but not work. I have the Cacti Version 0.8.8.a with Plugin Architecture 3.1 .
When i unzip the /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/uptime , then i go to the plugin management and appear a blank page.

Anybody know how to fix that problem?
In case You didn't find the answer already, see: http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=176044#p176044