Strange error in logs - CONCAT_WS [SOLVED]

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

hurgh

Strange error in logs - CONCAT_WS [SOLVED]

Post by hurgh »

Hi All,

I am getting a strange error in my logs.

This only appears when I browse the graph management pages for most graphs.

Code: Select all

05/02/2007 02:16:36 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select   CONCAT_WS('',   case   when host.description is null then 'No Host - '   when host.description is not null then ''   end,data_template_data.name_cache,' (',data_template_rrd.data_source_name,')') as name,   data_template_rrd.id   from (data_template_data,data_template_rrd,data_local)   left join host on (data_local.host_id=host.id)   where data_template_rrd.local_data_id=data_local.id   and data_template_data.local_data_id=data_local.id    and data_local.host_id=33   order by name"
05/02/2007 02:16:36 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select   CONCAT_WS('',   case   when host.description is null then 'No Host - '   when host.description is not null then ''   end,data_template_data.name_cache,' (',data_template_rrd.data_source_name,')') as name,   data_template_rrd.id   from (data_template_data,data_template_rrd,data_local)   left join host on (data_local.host_id=host.id)   where data_template_rrd.local_data_id=data_local.id   and data_template_data.local_data_id=data_local.id    and data_local.host_id=33   order by name"
Also, any of the graphs that I browse that give this error, they all show "None" in the drop down box for the Datasource. If i click it to pick one, nothing shows up.

I have transitioned the cacti install from one server to another, and had to modify the install paths. This seemed to work fine as all graphs still appear and all polling is still working fine.

This also happens on new graphs that I create, on the new system.

I have cleared the poller cache and stuff and still get the error.

Any ideas on what it might be and how I might go about fixing it?

Thanks..

-Hurgh-
Last edited by hurgh on Wed May 02, 2007 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
hurgh

Post by hurgh »

Hi,

Sorry, after a bit more searching I found a post that fixed my issue:

http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=13474

Post number 3.

Here is the code to run to fix the issue:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE cdef CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE cdef_items CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE colors CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE data_input CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE data_input_data CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE data_input_fields CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE data_local CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE data_template CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE data_template_data CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE data_template_data_rra CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE data_template_rrd CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE graph_local CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE graph_template_input CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE graph_template_input_defs CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE graph_templates CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE graph_templates_gprint CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE graph_templates_graph CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE graph_templates_item CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE graph_tree CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE graph_tree_items CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE host CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE host_graph CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE host_snmp_cache CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE host_snmp_query CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE host_template CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE host_template_graph CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE host_template_snmp_query CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE poller CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE poller_command CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE poller_item CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE poller_output CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE poller_reindex CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE poller_time CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE rra CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE rra_cf CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE settings CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE settings_graphs CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE settings_tree CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE snmp_query CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE snmp_query_graph CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE snmp_query_graph_rrd CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE snmp_query_graph_rrd_sv CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE snmp_query_graph_sv CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE user_auth CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE user_auth_perms CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE user_auth_realm CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE user_log CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE version CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
Hope this helps others.

(must have had a Database version change between hosts that I didnt notice)

-Hurgh-