Manage Plugin 0.6.2 for monitoring networks, servers...

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

zeki
Cacti User

Post by zeki »

mcutting wrote:If you are using Plugin Architecture 1.1, you will need to use the patch provided by Larry (TheWitness) for Manage 0.4.2. This has been posted in the Manage topic threads.

If this fails, this issue has been fixed in the upgrade to 0.5
where is this patch? it's not on the first page and i think i searched every post in this thread.. if it is then i must've missed it. any links please
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Looks like Manage 0.5 needs a few tweaks. I'm off next week. Maybe I can do them then.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Thanks Larry,

It would be good if you could have a look over the plugin. There seem to be numerous errors that need fixing according to the users trying to use it.

Do you know if Gilles is still supporting versions 0.4.2 and 0.4.3 (version 5) ?
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
lard
Cacti User

Post by lard »

mcutting wrote:I'm not a linux guy, but had the same error as you in terms of ajax. Did you create any sites yet? I found that creating sites cleared this error. Also, on each manage host, did you force an snmp check, or is it set to none?
Trying this plugin out and am also having this error - though I cannot create sites (just click yes and it goes back to nothing - on win2k3) so think I may have more than one issue
---- lard007skype ----
esprits4

Tcp checking issue

Post by esprits4 »

Hello, i have a strange problem, anyone heard of this, manage 0.4.2 works normally, except i cannot get it to show or poll tcp ports. when i add a template or manually add a port it does not show up in the manage tab. the uptime is okay, and everything else seems to function normally but i cannot get it to check or show tcp. any ideas or am i doing something wrong. thanks!
lard
Cacti User

Post by lard »

lard wrote:
mcutting wrote:I'm not a linux guy, but had the same error as you in terms of ajax. Did you create any sites yet? I found that creating sites cleared this error. Also, on each manage host, did you force an snmp check, or is it set to none?
Trying this plugin out and am also having this error - though I cannot create sites (just click yes and it goes back to nothing - on win2k3) so think I may have more than one issue
o.k. - so after some testing I can get this to create and delete sites when rolling back to mysql version 4.1 - seems my version 5.0 wasn't happy!
---- lard007skype ----
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Question for Larry - Did you have any time to look at the coding for the Manage plugin ?

Thanks
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

I've done a bit of work on 0.5 this weekend. It's still pretty experimental as it's quite a large plugin. It is working much more like other plugins now though.

I am making regular changes to SVN at the moment.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Thanks - sounds good
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Take a peek at the plugins SVN for updates. Don't put it on a production box, but give it a look. This will be all I have time for for the next almost month (moving into new house soon).

I will be out of town all this week.

Thus far I am only focusing on user interface cleanup. After that is done, I will look more into the "operation/behavior" of the user interface.

Eventually, I will look at the poller. That could take some time. I hope the SVN version is functional. The database update process is still not fixed.

Comments welcome.

TheWitness

svn://cvs.cacti.net/var/svnroot/cacti_plugins

mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Thanks Larry - this seems to fix virtually all the errors I've been experiencing. However, there is an error in manage_ajax.php

Notice: Undefined variable: menaged_hosts in C:\wamp\www\Cacti\plugins\manage\manage_ajax.php on line 397

This seems to be just a typo - if you change "menaged_hosts" on this line to "managed_hosts" it works fine.

Thanks for your attention with this.
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Fixed in SVN now. Let me know what else you find. I re-wrote quite a bit of UI code. :)

TheWitness

mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

There's an error to do with the Threshold level on each host:

Notice: Undefined variable: row3 in C:\wamp\www\Cacti\plugins\manage\manage_list.php on line 1162

Also, none of the servers show when selected, and I can't select the sites or groups from the Device list in Manage

Have you got round to this part yet ?

Thanks
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Try again.

Larry