Cisco Router - Class Map statistics

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Instigater
Cacti User

Cisco Router - Class Map statistics

Post by Instigater »

One day I noticed Cisco CBWFQ template, it had one major problem - it did not take in account the direction of policy and showed only one direction (and you could only guess which it was). I modified script from that tamplate to fix this issue.
I won't publish complete template is not usable on standard cacti, just data query and perl script, you should be fine to make further it out. I'm using 1 minute polling interval on my system.

Put qos.xml in resource/script_queries folder and qospol.pl in scripts folder.
Attachments
CM_stats.tar.gz
Script and XML file
(2.44 KiB) Downloaded 6550 times
cacti_data_query_cisco_router_cm_stats.xml.tar.gz
Data query and graph template. For testing purposes only!
(4.24 KiB) Downloaded 6706 times
teaser01.jpg
teaser01.jpg (30.77 KiB) Viewed 68666 times
teaser02.jpg
teaser02.jpg (62.09 KiB) Viewed 68666 times
Shuyun

nan graphs

Post by Shuyun »

Instigater

Thanks for the CBWFQ template. I am having a problem where it looks like everything is installed correctly but my graphs are just showing "nan". If I run snmpwalk I can see that all of the needed OID's are there but I am collecting any data. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Shuyun

PS. To add to this I have tried running the script from the command line...

./qospol.pl somerouterip somecommunity 2 get QoSbitrate 22

and this is what I get...

Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ./qospol.pl line 257.
this

Not sure if this is the right way to enter it from the command line.

Thanks,
Shuyun
mauri

CBWFQ

Post by mauri »

Excellent Template/Script!!
The only problem is that with some routers it takes more than 5 minutes to discover. Is there any way could add a cache option and re-discover only when needed?
Thanks.
adam-trd

Post by adam-trd »

any update on this?

i my graphs display "nan"
adam-trd

Post by adam-trd »

i ended up using "moonshines" script
NoisyOcean

Re: Cisco Router - Class Map statistics

Post by NoisyOcean »

which version of Perl or.. which packages of Perl must be installed..?
When I load this script, it doens't return any values..
eddievenus
Cacti User

Post by eddievenus »

I too only get Nan for my graphs and also get uninitialized values when I try to run it from the command line. I am hoping someone here knows why this is happening. If anyone has this working or if anyone knows why this is being problematic please let us know.

I had used other cbwfq graphs before and this one looks like the most progressive and certainly the best looking. I am hoping to make this work but I know nothing of PERL or PHP so this may be slow going. If anyone knows what might be wrong i would be happy to help test your theories.

thanks
leonardo_gyn
Cacti User

Post by leonardo_gyn »

I'm also experiencing the error

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation

Watching the errors and qospol.pl file, seems that ALL errors are regarding the lines that print the variable index value number 18, just like:

print $cbitr[18] . "\n";

print $precbitr[18] . "\n";

print $dropbitr[18] . "\n";

This command, printing the variable index number 18, happens several times on qospol.pl and seems it's the one that is generating the error.

I can successfully do the snmpwalk commands and can see values .... but nothing is returned from the qospol.pl script but the 'unitialized value in concatenation' ....
dswinford

Post by dswinford »

Has anyone been able to de-linux a CBWFQ script? I am attempting to find a CBWFQ data source for a Windows based CACTI system.
B-rad

Post by B-rad »

dswinford wrote:Has anyone been able to de-linux a CBWFQ script? I am attempting to find a CBWFQ data source for a Windows based CACTI system.
I got moonmans script working last night on W2k3, you just need to move $node around in the perl file.
Vade

Post by Vade »

leonardo_gyn wrote:I'm also experiencing the error

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation

Watching the errors and qospol.pl file, seems that ALL errors are regarding the lines that print the variable index value number 18, just like:

print $cbitr[18] . "\n";

print $precbitr[18] . "\n";

print $dropbitr[18] . "\n";

This command, printing the variable index number 18, happens several times on qospol.pl and seems it's the one that is generating the error.

I can successfully do the snmpwalk commands and can see values .... but nothing is returned from the qospol.pl script but the 'unitialized value in concatenation' ....
I know this is an old post, but I also had this problem - fixed it by replacing [18] with [13].

explanation: if you have a look at the output of your snmpwalk, you'll see it looks like:

root@test:~# /usr/local/bin/snmpget -Os -c <your comm string> -v 2c <your ip> 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166.1.15.1.1.11.691199.691201
enterprises.9.9.166.1.15.1.1.11.691199.691201 = Gauge32: 7340000

after the snmp command is run in the qospol.pl script, you'll see it performs a "=~ s/ /./g", which means substitute spaces with periods ( . ). There are only 3 spaces in the output of the snmpget command - before and after the "=" and after the "Gauge32:". The resulting string is then:

enterprises.9.9.166.1.15.1.1.11.691199.691201.=.Gauge32:.7340000

so then it considers periods ( . ) as deliminators, and [18] means print the 18th field, which clearly doesn't exist (hence the NaN). Counting the fields (inbetween periods ) in the above string shows that the value you are after is actually field 13

hope it helps! it did for me!
msw1970
Cacti User

Post by msw1970 »

Great script....

However, I have a problem where I need to graph approximately 5 QoS classes in each direction on somewhere around 50 routers. Along with the rest of the polling, if I add all of that in then I can't hit the 300 second limit even though I'm using spine and boost....

Does anyone know if this would work quicker if converted to php to run through the script server??
praveen_b744

Post by praveen_b744 »

Hi Instigater,

I am trying to run the script from the command line.But its giving the following error.

# perl qospol.pl
not enough or wrong arguments

And I came to know that the syntax is
./qospol.pl somerouterip somecommunity 2 get QoSbitrate 22

Can you please explain how to use that script.

Or can you please tel me how to setup this template?
HerzogEH

Updated Version of qospol.pl

Post by HerzogEH »

Hello,

I have updated the qospol.pl - script, so that it work correctly with snmp output like this:

enterprises.9.9.166.1.15.1.1.10.34.7611937 = Counter64: 170243

best regards,

Erwin Herzog
Attachments
qospol.pl
(7.06 KiB) Downloaded 4490 times
HerzogEH

Cisco Router - Class Map statistics Update 2

Post by HerzogEH »

Hello once again,

Here is the next update.

At this Version you can modify the path where your SNMPWalk and SNMPGet is located.

and it is SNMP Version 1 & 2 compatible.
(Don´t forget, only the Bitrate - Counters are Version 1 compatilbe not the 64 Bit counters.)

I have also added support for cbQosCMPostPolicyByteOverflow and cbQosCMPrePolicyByteOverflow counters.

best regards

Erwin Herzog
Attachments
qospol.pl
(8.28 KiB) Downloaded 5468 times
qos.xml
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 5765 times