Cisco CallManager MGCP PRI usage

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

nduda78
Cacti User

Cisco CallManager MGCP PRI usage

Post by nduda78 »

This is my first cacti template/script to share. We run a VOIP callcenter using multiple MGCP configed routers with PRI circuits. We needed to have a way to monitor PRI usage/capacity to plan for corrective action and new PRI circuits. The following scripts/template monitor each routers PRI capacity seperatly and in total.

This requires NSCLIENT as it runs on a Linux cacti install obtaining its info from a Windows CCM.

Obviously youll need to customize the script to get the counter info you need. You can add on to the script and datasource/templates for more than 2 routers.
Attachments
cacti_graph_template_cisco_callmanager_mgcp_pri_usage.xml
(13.63 KiB) Downloaded 3942 times
ccmtotalpriusage.sh.txt
(519 Bytes) Downloaded 4620 times
graph1.GIF
graph1.GIF (142.12 KiB) Viewed 51100 times
Brettw

Post by Brettw »

Any Idea what the oid would be for the number of calls on a dual E1 card?

Ive tried this the details here --> http://www.eatworms.org.uk/cacti/isdncalls.php

However no joy

Thanks

Brett
techguy

Post by techguy »

Any thoughts on how to get this to work from a windows machine running Cacti? This would be a great asset to me.
crackrocksteady

Post by crackrocksteady »

I was thinking about doing this with Win32::PerfLib as a perl script to pull this info out perfmon. Has anybody attempted this? any tips?

Fletch
crackrocksteady

Ok,

I had no luck with win32:perflib, but I did have success using Win32::Perfmon perl module.

The module is not available through the activestate repo's, so to compile the module you need to use virtual C++ 6 , which I couldn't find a copy of unfortunately. Luckily I was able to find a compiled copy on a third party repo, you can install Win32:Perfmon through ppm with the following:

ppm install http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm/Win32-PerfMon.ppd

I have taken the original template and modified it slightly, allowing the script to be a little more dynamic and the labels a bit more generic. The call manager to get the data from is parsed through the hostname variable and the gateways are per-data source values that you define. It is currently setup for 2 gateways, but you could modify it too support more.

To Install
1) install Win32-Perfmon
2) place mgcp.pl in the scripts directory
3) Import the data template
4) Import the Graph template.

Note: I am not a programmer and this is my first contribution to the cacti community. If you spot anything stupid that I've done please let me know....

Thanks

Fletch
crackrocksteady

Here are the files.
Attachments
mgcp.pl.txt
Script, place in your scripts Directory
(952 Bytes) Downloaded 3116 times
ccm_mgcp_data_template.xml
Data Template, Import through Cacti
(5.71 KiB) Downloaded 2540 times
ccm_mgcp_graph_template.xml
Graph Template, Import Through Cacti
(13.89 KiB) Downloaded 2541 times
evanover

MGCP Script

Post by evanover »

Could you give a detailed explanation of the total PRI script elements? I am trying to modify to suit our environment, and I am having trouble try to figure out the the counter info.
crackrocksteady

Can you elaborate on what you mean? I don't quite understand.
evanover

Script Layout

Post by evanover »

In the script there is the path to check_nt (I.E. pria=`/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H ).
Then the ip address of the Call Manager (10.X.X.X -p 1248 -v)
Then the counter this is where it is not clear what the counter should be ( COUNTER -l "\\Cisco MGCP Gateways(BCXXXX)\\PRIChannelsActive"`.
crackrocksteady

ok,

I don't use that check_nt script, have a look at my perl script for a comparison of another way to do it.

I am guessing that the name in the brackets is the name of your mgcp gateway. This is the name that your CCM gives it in perfmon. To find out what yours are called connect perfmon to your CCM and add the counter and see what they are called.

If your Call Manager is running on linux your not going to be able to pull this information out easily.
evanover

Perl

Post by evanover »

I
evanover

Perl

Post by evanover »

I
evanover

Perl

Post by evanover »

Thanks I will play with it and see what I can come up with. Unfortunately the only Win32-PerrfMon and Win32-Perflib I can find are for the Windoz platform. I am running cacti on a Linux box while CCM is on a Windoz box.
crackrocksteady

ahhh k, I didn't think about the fact that win32-perlib needs to be compiled using Visual C.

It means you will need to use check_nt. I think this is an offshoot nagios thing and you might need to run an agent on your ccm.
poezie

Post by poezie »

Hi crackrocksteady

Does your mgcp.pl work on linux as I get some errors ?