Error during installation

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

aaron1977

Error during installation

Post by aaron1977 »

I keep getting this error when trying to go to the cacti install page after initial installation.

Error

You have created a new database, but have not yet imported the 'cacti.sql' file. At the command line, execute the following to continue:

mysql -u cactiuser -p cacti < cacti.sql

This error may also be generated if the cacti database user does not have correct permissions on the cacti database. Please ensure that the cacti database user has the ability to SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, CREATE, ALTER, DROP, INDEX on the cacti database.

My configuration is:
Fedora Core 4
Kernel 2.6.17-1.2139_FC4smp
MySQL 4.1.20
Cacti-0.8.6h-fc4.i386

Cacti Installed Updates:
fix_search_session_clear_issue.patch
fault_rra_id.patch
nth_percentile_empty_return_set_issue.patch
mysql_5x_strict.patch
database_autoincrement_corruption.patch

I have tried reinstalling cacti many times, but to no avail. I checked and double checked my settings in config.php and they are correct. I've also checked with my own php script that the cactiuser can maniplulate the cacti database, and it can. I am stumped has anyone seen this problem and gotten passed it? If you have your input would be greatly appreciated.
anakemak

Post by anakemak »

hmm...that's weird as i'm also installing cacti on fedora core 4 and yeah i've been installing it many times including reformat the pc itself but at last it's up but didn't get that error....for the last time....i just reinstall FC4 and by using the default apache, mysql and php installed in FC4 package...i just change the setting at httpd.conf and follow all the mysql config.....the only thing is that to find that cacti.sql file....if i'm not mistaken....it's already inside the cacti folder after you run ./configure....but i'm installing it using yum....it's pretty easy.... :wink:
.:: Anak Emak ::.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Moving to the linux forum.
JHyde

Post by JHyde »

yum + rrdtool = disaster. Be careful

I had this exact same error. In my case it was a completely silly mistake, for whatever reason my script to start the mysql database did not go off. Without a started database a previously successful install gets that error.

I'm not sure of levels of ability, so I don't mean to offend. :)
reelwylde

Post by reelwylde »

I had similar problems with RHEL 4 initial install. All tests of the user account and mysql went smooth and cacti logs were complaining about not being able to loginto mysql.

The solution I found on the form was to comment out the version line in /<path to cacti>/include.config.php

This allowed me to get a log in page... but that is the source of my current problem... admin:admin as suggested in the install guid does not log me in and prompt for a password change as described...

Good luck to you. ;-)
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please search the forums for the "old mysql password hack". This may solve your problem
Reinhard