bambid

Post by bambid »

Full support for HP ProCurve switches ?
David
gthe
Cacti User

Post by gthe »

Excuse for my English :oops:
1. To add an opportunity of search to the MAC-ADDRESS in a format xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx AND xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
2. To add one more object - the Subscriber and tables: (Subsc_id, Subsc_info, correct_mac, correct_ip), (Subsc_id, correct_IP_Device, correct_VLAN, correct_PORT) At viewing MAC-IP of the information to check each record on correctness with these data and to allocate with color correct and wrong.
It will allow to trace new subscribers, or those who has changed IP or MAC, or those who tries to substitute another's IP and MAC, being connected to other port of the device.
egarnel
Cacti Pro User

Post by egarnel »

The ability to run mactrack on the fly manually from the mactrack utilities under console
Cacti1 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
Cacti2 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
King of the Elves
Local Anarchists Union #427
"Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others." -Edward Abbey
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

egarnel,

I evaluated this at one time. Say, you have an issue "right now" and want to scan, say a site. Take's all of 30 seconds to complete. I'd say, way cool.

However, until I understand a little about Ajax and callbacks, I want to hold off for a bit. We'll see. I will need a tester :)

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
egarnel
Cacti Pro User

Post by egarnel »

Thanks. I will be happy to be a tester. given our dynamic environment, in which users come and go on an hourly/daily basis, running mactrack on the fly would be very helpful
Cacti1 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
Cacti2 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
King of the Elves
Local Anarchists Union #427
"Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others." -Edward Abbey
chadd
Cacti User

Post by chadd »

TheWitness wrote:1) Allow Export to work 100% of the time - Done
2) Allow Import to have fields out of order - Done
3) Allow Import to work with extra columns included (ignore these columns) - Done
4) Initial poll does not start as it should.
5) Sort columns - Done.
6) Add IEEE OUI Vendor MAC's Database to MacTrack - Done, and this RULES!!!
Haven't completely trouble shot this, but I am getting no results in my 'vendor name' field.. I will look into this a bit more tomorrow. Thanks for the addition though, that will feature rock!
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

If the "mac_track_oui_database" is empty, you may have to goto Tracking Utilities and import it. If you don't have "proxyless" access to the IEEE site, you will have to edit the "mactrack_import_ouidb.php" file and download the file in the comment section and instead of the "$oui_database = file("..."); you will have to replace that with the named file and then run the program.

Let me know if that get's it.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

Seems that imported Vendors that have a ' in the name or address fail to import and through a SQL error, as the ' is not properly sanitized first.

LARRY EDIT: Done!!
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

That's somewhat problematic. It works fine in MySQL 5.x. After having read the article on the "mis"-use of add slashes, I think I'll just strip them.

Thanks for the note Jimmy. Did you call what's his name?

TheWitness

chadd
Cacti User

Post by chadd »

I do have lots of vendors in my OUI database (besides the ones that have a ' in the name, as Jimmy said). I will spend a few minutes on it this morning to trying and figure out the problem. Thanks.
streaker69
Cacti Pro User

Post by streaker69 »

I believe I have an Excel spreadsheet at home with almost all the OUI/Vendors listed on it if anyone is interested in it.

Don't know if that'll help out with this project or not.
chadd
Cacti User

Post by chadd »

chadd wrote:I do have lots of vendors in my OUI database (besides the ones that have a ' in the name, as Jimmy said). I will spend a few minutes on it this morning to trying and figure out the problem. Thanks.
Ok, almost fixed the problem with getting vendor names and addresses into the database which include '. These are the remaining onces I am having a problem with. It looks like it is because there are double quotes in the name/address field of theses.. Don't know how to get around that..

01/05/2007 11:27:19 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "REPLACE INTO mac_track_oui_database (vendor_mac, vendor_name, vendor_address, present) VALUES ('00:90:CE',"Tetra Gmbh","Tetra GmbhGewerbepark "amwald" 4D-98693 IlmenauGermany",'1')"

01/05/2007 11:27:19 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "REPLACE INTO mac_track_oui_database (vendor_mac, vendor_name, vendor_address, present) VALUES ('00:90:3C',"Atlantic Network Systems","Atlantic Network SystemsImmeuble "kennedy"Ziter Avenue Jf Kennedy33700 MerignacFrance",'1')"

01/05/2007 11:27:18 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "REPLACE INTO mac_track_oui_database (vendor_mac, vendor_name, vendor_address, present) VALUES ('00:17:32',"Science-technical Center "rissa"","Science-technical Center "rissa"St. Abramtsevskaja, H.9Moscow 128572Russian Federation",'1')"

Here is the code I changed in macktrack_functions.php:

db_execute("REPLACE INTO mac_track_oui_database
(vendor_mac, vendor_name, vendor_address, present)
VALUES ('" . $vendor_mac . "',"" .
ucwords(strtolower($vendor_name)) . "","" .
ucwords(strtolower($vendor_address)) . "",'1')");

notice the '\' escape characters and the " quotes instead of ' quotes. I am using MySQL 5.x as well, and it is requiring me to use double quotes when including ' in data input. Hope this helps.

Still not getting any vendor info in the 'vendor name' field. All entries are 'NULL' in the database. Thanks for any help.
chadd
Cacti User

Post by chadd »

I would like full support for Foundry switches as well ;-)
chadd
Cacti User

Post by chadd »

TheWitness wrote:If the "mac_track_oui_database" is empty, you may have to goto Tracking Utilities and import it. If you don't have "proxyless" access to the IEEE site, you will have to edit the "mactrack_import_ouidb.php" file and download the file in the comment section and instead of the "$oui_database = file("..."); you will have to replace that with the named file and then run the program.

Let me know if that get's it.

TheWitness
It's still not working. I tried some different things, but no luck. It looks like a few (not many) of the devices (when polled via poller_mactrack.php) get entries in the vendor_mac column in the mac_track_temp_ports table during the run - but the data never makes it to the mac_track_ports table. All that gets written to that table is 'NULL' for vendor_mac. I think there could be a couple of issues with this. One could be getting the data during the poll, and the other could be transferring that data to the perm table. Just guesses of course.
chadd
Cacti User

Post by chadd »

Ok I fixed one of the problems, which is getting the results for the vendor_macs moved from the mac_track_temp_ports table to the mac_track_ports table. I just had to add that column to the transfer after 'mac_address'. Here is the code:

/* transfer temp port results into permanent table */
db_execute("INSERT INTO mac_track_ports
(site_id, device_id, hostname, dns_hostname, description,
vlan_id, vlan_name, mac_address, vendor_mac, ip_address,
port_number, port_name, scan_date)
SELECT site_id, device_id, hostname, dns_hostname, description,
vlan_id, vlan_name, mac_address, vendor_mac, ip_address,
port_number, port_name, scan_date
FROM mac_track_temp_ports");

I still am not getting vendor_mac resolution for 90% of my macs.. Larry? I know your busy. I will help when I can ;-).