mastrboy

Post by mastrboy »

where is the file :-?
williem
Cacti User

mactrack and 8600

Post by williem »

Hey,

The 8600 requires the get_norbay_accelar_switch_ports. Otherwise it will not pull the bridge/vlan info properly.

Regards,

Willie

emerillat wrote:Okay when i run the poller I get no output it just dumps back out to the command line with no errors. I am using the following command.

php /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/mactrack/poller_mactrack.php

In Cacti itself I have three device types setup for Passport 8600, Baystack 470, and Baystack 450. Each one of these device types has a switch defined for it and are pointing at the get_norbay_switch_ports scanning function. I can manually scan them and get information but the poller doesn't seem to be working when I manually run it. Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Thanks!
Cacti 0.8.6h | Cactid 0.8.6g | 64k devices | W2k3 IIS | PHP 5.3 | RRDtool 1.0.49 | Perl 5.8.5 | Dell Servers 8 gig ram
mars246

Mactrack not get ipaddress

Post by mars246 »

Mactrack will get the ip address of the router that is pluged into the last port on the HP switch but It wont get any of the host ipaddress any ideas theses are on Hp procurve switches
bambid

Re: Mactrack not get ipaddress

Post by bambid »

mars246 wrote:Mactrack will get the ip address of the router that is pluged into the last port on the HP switch but It wont get any of the host ipaddress any ideas theses are on Hp procurve switches
Hi Mars246,
I have same problem, I have couple of 2650 a 3500 ProCurve switches and MacTrack do nothing. How can I debug MacTrack process ?

Running poller_mactrack.php with d switch shows no error.

From log file in DEBUG mode :

Code: Select all

12/05/2006 12:12:39 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Exec: "REPLACE INTO mac_track_ips (site_id,device_id,hostname,description,port_number,mac_address,ip_address,scan_date) VALUES ('1','7','172.X.X.X','HP-57-MUSO','4456','00:......:40','172.X.X.X','2006-12-05 00:12:37')"  
12/05/2006 12:12:39 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Exec: "REPLACE INTO mac_track_ips (site_id,device_id,hostname,description,port_number,mac_address,ip_address,scan_date) VALUES ('1','7','172.X.X.X','HP-57-MUSO','362','00:......:A3','172.X.X.X'','2006-12-05 00:12:37')"  
12/05/2006 12:12:39 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Exec: "REPLACE INTO mac_track_ips (site_id,device_id,hostname,description,port_number,mac_address,ip_address,scan_date) VALUES ('1','7','172.X.X.X'','HP-57-MUSO','362','00:......:EC','172.X.X.X'','2006-12-05 00:12:37')" 
Something gets MACTrack from devices, but I do not see it on listing below.
Attachments
mactrack.jpg
mactrack.jpg (63.73 KiB) Viewed 15086 times
David
airwalk
Cacti User

Post by airwalk »

I've got a number of questions.

1. Does the plugin version is compatible with 0.8.6i? If I replace /lib/functions.php then I cannot see cacti log as it curse for unidentified function. If leave the original version of functions.php and snmp.php in place then mactrack doesn't look to be working. And as a follow-up: what's been changed in snmp.php and how it affect the work of mactrack. SVN comment doesn't look clear.

2. After issuing database_upgrade.php I received the folllowing sql errors - see attachement. Is it normal?

3. Keeping in mind previous considerations I'm having troubles running mactrack as a plugin. I've added two switches to one site. These switches are equal but the first is enabled for routing so I marked it as switch/router. The second one I've marked as switch/hub. Since these are nortel devices I attached them to mactrack_norbay.php.
With this configuration IP's are not populated in switch though they are being collected from router.

Actually what bothers me most is why I've got 11 trunk ports on my switch while there should be 0.

In the documentation i've seen that "1) Entering Device Types will not affect scanning. There is an incomplete function called mactrack_scanner.php that requires modifications prior to you being able to add/remove devices from the Device Types table and have that impact scanning."

Setting logging to debug shows nothing special.

What modifications one need to perform? Is this really the cause of the problem?

I attach a number of sreenshots for your convenience and an output of "mactrack_scanner.php -d" if executed manually for each of these devices.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
switch.PNG
switch.PNG (38.83 KiB) Viewed 15001 times
switch.txt
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
router.txt
(18.17 KiB) Downloaded 662 times
mactrack_devices.PNG
mactrack_devices.PNG (7.75 KiB) Viewed 15013 times
mactrack_poller.png
mactrack_poller.png (55.14 KiB) Viewed 15014 times
jgisler
Cacti User

Post by jgisler »

is there a scanning function profile for extreme switches? I have this up & running with my cisco gear. We also use alot of extreme switches. The get_generic_switch_ports doesn't seem to grab all the data. Should I be using a different one? or is there a way to create one that is needed?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

All,

If you have any bug reports or feature requests you would like addressed, please post here. I am working on an upgrade and want to make sure I get everything.

TheWitness

http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=87581#87581
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
pepj2

snmp PHP classes

Post by pepj2 »

Hello TheWitness

You 've done a lot of great work....

1/ Do you plan SNMP v3 for mactrac?
2/ Do you plan to use a auto-detection of the hardware (no get_..., no device type)?

If you are interested: For the point 2/ I could give you my Object Oriented network classes (with examples) in order to have no more to insert the get_... functions like get_norbay_accelar_switch_ports or add "device type".
You have to give only for example (for any vendors):

$obdevice->priv("VLAN"); ---> to get the vlans
or
  $obdevice->priv("LACP"); ---> to get the lacp channels
  $obdevice->priv("PaGP");---> to get the pagp channels
  $obdevice->priv("Channel");---> to get the all channels 
I have coded for cisco,foundry,cabletron,hp,nortel,avaya,a3com,dell, and default.
- tested for cisco,foundry, (some hp devices)
- tested for v1,v2,v3
- tested for PHP snmp and NET-SNMP

I've developped this last year for an other plugin (no more time to finish it now) and I think OO-Classes could reduce the work for other plugin development. Naturally GNU.
chubes

Post by chubes »

Also curious about support for SNMPv3.

Great work!
adrianmarsh
Cacti User

Post by adrianmarsh »

Anyone know how to fix the DBs when you get :

CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "UPDATE `mac_track_ip_ranges` SET ips_max=ips_current, ips_max_date=ips_current_date WHERE ips_current > ips_max"

?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Use MySQL Query Browser to review your fields in the DB. You may be missing a field. Once you have identified it, goto the database_upgrade script and see if you can locate the missing (aka broken) add column statement.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
adrianmarsh
Cacti User

Post by adrianmarsh »

found it... it was mac_track_ip_ranges..
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Pepj,

The current product does perform auto discovery. However, the flexibility is that you control how it discovers using the device_types table. It's sort of like a "system" based reference table.

In a commercial product, it would be provided by a vendor. In this product, it is maintained by the individual, and intended to be shared.

I guess that I could do some magic in the code, but the method I choose, felt like the right way to handle it.

TheWitness

daveyw

Post by daveyw »

I've uploaded and installed this plugin. I see the button "Mactrack" in the header but I got "Access denied".

Also on when i'm on the Plugin management then i receive

Notice: Undefined index: plugins.php: in /usr/local/cacti/lib/functions.php on line 1363

$current_array = $nav{$current_page . ":" . $current_action};
When I check the "User management" I also can't find anything about "Mactrack" to give me access.

Please could somebody help me?
disH

Post by disH »

daveyw wrote:I've uploaded and installed this plugin. I see the button "Mactrack" in the header but I got "Access denied".

Also on when i'm on the Plugin management then i receive

Notice: Undefined index: plugins.php: in /usr/local/cacti/lib/functions.php on line 1363

$current_array = $nav{$current_page . ":" . $current_action};
When I check the "User management" I also can't find anything about "Mactrack" to give me access.

Please could somebody help me?
Assuming you updated the database (2x sql files) & ran the database upgrade php file after that.
Make sure the cacti/plugins/mactrack directory and files are readable to the apache server.

Edit cacti/include/global.php to include the mactrack plugin.
Go back into the console and into user mgmt, enable the mactrack plugin for yourself.
[url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=4356]Template: Cisco CatOS[/url]
[url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=21785]Mactrack: Netscreen Fw[/url]
[b]_______________[/b]
[b]Cacti Version[/b] - 0.8.7e, [b]Plugin Architecture[/b] - 2.5, [b]Poller Type[/b] - Cact-Spine 0.8.7e
[b]Server Info[/b] - Ubuntu Server 8.10 (2.6.27-7-server), [b]Web Server[/b] - Apache/2.2.9 PHP/5.2.6-2ubuntu4.3 with Suhosin-Patch
[b]PHP[/b] - 5.2.6-2ubuntu4.3, [b]MySQL[/b] - 5.0.67-0ubuntu6-log, [b]RRDTool[/b] - 1.3.1, [b]SNMP[/b] - 5.4.1
[b]Plugins[/b] - Thresholds v0.4.1, Login Mod v1.0, Host Info v0.2