Manage Plugin 0.6.2 for monitoring networks, servers...

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

abdulcc
Cacti User

How do I send emails?

Post by abdulcc »

It is a very stupid message but how do I enable email alertings, I got the plugin to work

Thanks,
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

I think you need the THOLD plugin for this to work - do you have this installed ?
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
danwdoo
Cacti User

Getting MYSQL errors

Post by danwdoo »

Hello,
I am trying to get manage to work but am getting SQL errors. When I view in manage I get:
[/img]

In the log I receive:

12/06/2006 03:20:16 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "SELECT * FROM manage_host_services where id='23'"

Thanks!

CACTI - 0.8.6i
THOLD - 0.3.0
PLUGIN - 1.0
MYSQL - 5.0.24a-community-nt
RRDTool - 1.2.15
PHP - 5.1.6
Windows 2000/IIS 5
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (22.68 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
lupick

Fatal error: Call to undefined function - strripos()

Post by lupick »

I'm using Manage 0.42 and this plugin: Win32 - Monitor running processes (http://forums.cacti.net/about6661.html)

So I create the graph for one process but when I enter in the device configuration (when you can choose port, service and process) plugin I've the following error

Process : Fatal error: Call to undefined function: strripos() in /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/manage/list.php on line 1012
danwdoo
Cacti User

MYSQL errors with Manage

Post by danwdoo »

Hello,
I was receiving the following error when activating manage:

- Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apache2\htdocs\cacti\plugins\manage\manage.php on line 753

Based on a post I found:

with phpmyadmin :
- delete all tables with name 'manage_*'
- in table settings, delete all values with name 'manage_*'

I'm not sure I did everything correct because I wasn't sure about the second part but I did remove the tables themselves with phpmyadmin. Now when I try to log into cacti I receive:

Table 'cacti.manage_host' doesn't exist

And nothing but the tabs come up. Based on previous posts I tried going back to an earlier version of manage to get the install to work but it doesn't work. Any ideas how to fix this and get manage running?

Thanks!!!!!
danwdoo
Cacti User

Fixed my issue

Post by danwdoo »

Had to manually run the upgrade files using phpmy admin but now everything works.
danwdoo
Cacti User

Plugin comes up now but services always show down-ports work

Post by danwdoo »

After fixing my database issues manage no longer gives the SQL errors. I am able to graph services and they show correct when running with a "1". However, when I use manage to monitor them the services always show down. It's really strange because when I click on the service incon in manage that shows down it takes me to the correct graph showing up. I'm hoping I am just missing some obvious step.

I've also noticed my last poll is still blank as well though I can find no errors in the log.

Thanks!
EddieB

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function - strripos()

Post by EddieB »

lupick wrote:I'm using Manage 0.42 and this plugin: Win32 - Monitor running processes (http://forums.cacti.net/about6661.html)

So I create the graph for one process but when I enter in the device configuration (when you can choose port, service and process) plugin I've the following error

Process : Fatal error: Call to undefined function: strripos() in /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/manage/list.php on line 1012
Hi all,

Thanks to lupick's problem i was able to see what was happening. It was the strripos function that is only available for PHP 5 and over. So, changin PHP version should make it work, but the problem still occurs. I think it's now about the checkboxes used to select what processes (services) to monitor, built by the code below:

while ($row3 = mysql_fetch_array($result3, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {
?>
<input type='checkbox' style='margin: 0px;' name='chk2_<?php $pos=strripos($row3['name_cache'],"process - ")+10; $str=substr($row3['name_cache'],$pos); print $str;?>'<?php
for ($m=0;$m<count($o);$m++) {
if ($str == $o[$m]) {
print " checked";
}
}
?>
><?php print $str;
print "</select><br>";
}
// print "</select>";

Any hint would help.
GS

Post by GS »

Hi,

regarding Monitoring Processes and Services there are a few issues:

1) processes are gone from manage tab:
seems line in check.php deletes it automaticaly
db_execute("delete FROM `manage_process` where id='" . $q_row["id"] . "' ................snmp_query.id=data_input_data.data_input_field_id and snmp_query.name='SNMP - Running Processes')");

2)processes with space and underscore are wrong indexed (and in database)
eg. "System Idle Pro"-->System.Idle.Pro or "ProxyRT_s.exe" -->ProxyRT.s.exe (tag + process name)

3) Services:
in Win_services.php oid for stats is .1.3.6.1.4.1.77.1.2.3.1.2
but in mib for lanman svSvcOperatingState is 1.3.6.1.4.1.77.1.2.3.1.3
so does not work for me - just brings 0 in any case (also changed oids)

thnx in advance for any help,
gs
rs6000

Post by rs6000 »

the host's uptime always like this
Attachments
uptime error.jpg
uptime error.jpg (20.33 KiB) Viewed 4892 times
danwdoo
Cacti User

Manage services still all showing down

Post by danwdoo »

Hello,
I completely rebuilt my server (unrelated to Manage issue) and after reinstalling and rebuilding everything Manage still shows all services as always being down even though the graphs all are up.

To get this working I did have to apply the change as per:

http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p ... 4218#67694

Otherwise the services all graphed as being down by the services templates. This makes me wonder if I need to change something in Manage in the same way? Is it also looking at the wrong place and so a file needs to be changed for it to also see the services are up?

Thanks!
ne0phyte

Post by ne0phyte »

Hi,

I just installed the latests manage plugin on my cacti, but i'm having a few issues.

- the manage plugin isn't updating automatically, do i need to put the check-manage.php in crontab?

- my device is blinking red. From what i read in the forum this is because a threshold is reached, but when i check the thold plugin all is fine, no thresholds are triggered.

- the uptime is reported badly, my box is up 220 days and it says uptime is 48days

i'm still using cacti 0.8.6h :oops:

i can imagine this isn't enough info to know what is wrong, just tell me what info is missing and i'll add

thanks for your reply
argon0
Cacti User

Post by argon0 »

Nice Plugin, Thanks...

Going to use this on our Plasma screen at work, once set up enough hosts...

Was going to use Thold before, but the addition of "port" checking is really useful!!!

<cool>
No longer a n00by, probably, by now an 0ldby

Now Head of Technology at RSCH, back to the prickly subject of Monitorring....
crackrocksteady

Post by crackrocksteady »

Great Plugin!

Everything is working well except for one issue with process monitoring.

When I have a process to be managed it stays in waiting state until the next polling cycle and then it is just removed from the list.

Any ideas??
aleu
Cacti User

Post by aleu »

How do you configure this plugin to monitor services and processes?
When I click on Device Managing-->Devices-->select device I can enter TCP ports to be monitored without a problem, but Services: and Process: rows are shaded (no filed to enter data.

Please advise.

Running ver. 0.4.2 on Cacti 0.8.6i.

Thanks
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (31.2 KiB) Viewed 4639 times