Poller.php does't update RRD but cmd.php does

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

jordon

Post by jordon »

just tested it - it WAS a problem with open_basedir. I moved the cactid directory into the open_basedir that's set in php.ini and httpd.conf and works now.

I think it might have worked before because there was a problem (bug?) with getting open_basedir to work previously.
nicodobrazil

Post by nicodobrazil »

Hello

I've got quite the same problem as jordon. So i've tried the solution that ivo proposed. Unfortunatly, I don't see any graphs...

My errors are the following :
11/29/2006 11:33:03 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select poller_id,end_time from poller_time where poller_id = 0"

11/29/2006 11:33:03 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select poller_output.output, poller_output.time, poller_output.local_data_id, poller_item.rrd_path, poller_item.rrd_name, poller_item.rrd_num from (poller_output,poller_item) where (poller_output.local_data_id=poller_item.local_data_id and poller_output.rrd_name=poller_item.rrd_name)"

if you have any idea, i will be very pleased to hear them...

thanks a lot

Nico
jordon

Post by jordon »

what opSys are you running?

Things I can suggest are:

make sure you haven't disabled exec,popen,pclose,putenv in php.ini

also, would suggest trying to compile cactid, moving it to the cacti directory and switching from cmd.php to cactid in the admin interface.

Do you see the image backgrounds and just no graphs? Or no images at all? Try switching to debug mode and running the cmd.php and poller.php through shell - to see what errors they give if you haven't tried that yet.

Ivo's solution should work for that specific problem though.
Last edited by jordon on Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
jordon

Post by jordon »

[ double post ]
nicodobrazil

Post by nicodobrazil »

you're right I should had start by the beginning

i've got the last ubuntu /server apache2 and php5

in fact I see just the background of the graph but not the trace itself

moreover my snmp request are present but cacti doesn't give a graph...
jordon

Post by jordon »

what does it say when you run the "php /pathto/poller.php" from shell...

E.g. I had:

Waiting on 2/2 pollers.
Waiting on 2/2 pollers.
Waiting on 2/2 pollers.
Waiting on 2/2 pollers.

11/27/2006 02:01:26 AM - POLLER: Poller[0] Maximum runtime of 292 seconds exceeded. Exiting.
11/27/2006 02:01:26 AM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:293.1988 Method:cmd.php Processes:10 Threads:N/A Hosts:2 HostsPerProcess:1 DataSources:5 RRDsProcessed:5
PHP Warning: pclose(): 53 is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/cacti/lib/rrd.php on line 48

So I enabled pclose function, then I was still getting the "Waitin on 2/2 pollers." error without the pclose error, but when I commented out the file_exists check per Ivo's suggestion, it gave an exec() error, so I enabled the exec() function also and everything worked.