Manage Plugin 0.6.2 for monitoring networks, servers...

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

shakey_1

Post by shakey_1 »

I have installed version 0.4.2 on a fresh install of the new CactiEZ beta, but I am seeing an issue similar to what others have described. It appears that the tables and changes have been made to my Cacti database, but no updates are occuring. The one device that I am testing with just remains blue.

If I look in the Cacti logs under normal operations, I see the following:

10/23/2006 08:30:33 PM - THOLD: Poller[0] Checking Thresholds
10/23/2006 08:30:33 PM - MANAGE: Poller[0] Checking Manage

If I set it to DEBUG though, I see this:

10/23/2006 08:25:31 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Assoc: "SELECT host.id, host.hostname, host.description, host.snmp_community, host.snmp_version, host.snmp_username, host.snmp_password, host.snmp_port, host.snmp_timeout, manage_host.uptime, manage_host.statut, manage_host.force FROM host,manage_host where manage = 'on' and disabled <> 'on' and host.id=manage_host.id and ( host.hostname ='')"
10/23/2006 08:25:31 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Assoc: "SELECT host.id, host.hostname, host.description, host.snmp_community, host.snmp_version, host.snmp_username, host.snmp_password, host.snmp_port, host.snmp_timeout, manage_host.uptime, manage_host.statut, manage_host.force FROM host,manage_host where manage = 'on' and disabled <> 'on' and host.id=manage_host.id and ( host.hostname ='')"

I have ran the "php /var/www/html/plugins/manage/check-manage.php" command to see if it returns any errors, but this is what I get:

10/23/2006 08:41:30 PM - MANAGE: Poller[0] Checking Manage
nb pollers : 5
count : 1
N : 0
reste : 1
reste different de 0
nouvelle valeur de N : 1
exec 1 -> 1 10
exec 2 -> 1

Anyone have any idea's on what the problem might be? I have also tried rebuilding the poller cache, but that didn't help.
egarnel
Cacti Pro User

Post by egarnel »

feature request

Is there a way to add user/password for http/https checks? I have some pages that require auth
Cacti1 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
Cacti2 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
King of the Elves
Local Anarchists Union #427
"Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others." -Edward Abbey
gilles
Cacti User

Post by gilles »

shakey_1 wrote:exec 1 -> 1 10
it seem ok to me

can you execute :

Code: Select all

php check.php 10
?
shakey_1

Post by shakey_1 »

Here are the results of php check.php 10

[root@localhost manage]# php check.php 10

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: argc in /var/www/html/plugins/manage/check.php on line 15

Content-type: text/html

X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.9

<br />

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: argc in <b>/var/www/html/plugins/manage/check.php</b> on line <b>15</b><br />

Thank you for replying.
gilles
Cacti User

Post by gilles »

shakey_1 wrote:PHP Notice: Undefined variable: argc in /var/www/html/plugins/manage/check.php on line 15
well, it seem that it is a php probleme : maybe your php version is too old or register_argc_argv isn't enabled
shakey_1

Post by shakey_1 »

You were right, it was a PHP problem. Since this was a test system, I had installed JFFNMS alongside my Cacti install to test it out and I had to make a change to the default php.ini configuration for CactiEZ. In the php.ini that is built upon install, "register_globals" is off, but I had turned it on per the build instructions for JFFNMS. Once I turned that back to off, my device started updating.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Hi..

I've got the manage plugin installed (great), but have one small issue I was hoping you could help me with. I am monitoring services, and can see them in the plugin, but they all report a state of DOWN, even though they are definately UP.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks
airwalk
Cacti User

Post by airwalk »

First, "manage" somehow doesn't parse port that is used to connect to mysql. I use Mysql on non-default port. Though i've set "default port to connect" in php.ini I had to modify check.php and check-manage.php to smth. like this:

"$db = mysql_connect("localhost:3307", "$database_username", "$database_password");"

Now my devices is being added to DB successfully but whenever I try to add ports to monitor I receive the following error:

"Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\plugins\manage\list.php on line 1193"

And if I go to "manage" Tab I see the following in the device frame:

"Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\plugins\manage\manage.php on line 753"

How it can be fixed?
Thanks in advance
flipflap
Cacti User

Post by flipflap »

hi, i installed the 1 min poller patch then add the manage plugin but it doesn't work. is there a work around for this? thanks. thold and weathermap still works after the 1 min poller patch
EddieB

Post by EddieB »

Hi all,

I installed manage plugin with the W32 processes template and everything went right. But after i installed win services template and tried to use it with the plugin, both processes and services monitored were deleted from the tables. It always happens after the first re-index event, i tried to add the queries with every re-index method available, but it keeps deleting the entries. Any hint would help, the env is:
OS Red Hat Linux 4
PHP 4.3.9
MySQL SERVER 4.1.7
Plugin Arch 1.0
flipflap
Cacti User

Post by flipflap »

[quote="flipflap"]hi, i installed the 1 min poller patch then add the manage plugin but it doesn't work. is there a work around for this? thanks. thold and weathermap still works after the 1 min poller patch[/quote]

[quote="flipflap"]hi, i installed the 1 min poller patch then add the manage plugin but it doesn't work. is there a work around for this? thanks. thold and weathermap still works after the 1 min poller patch[/quote]

manage plugin actually works but devices stays at blue or "waiting" for a work around

edit poller.php and add

"do_hook("poller_top");" before "/* Record Start Time */"

and add

"do_hook("poller_bottom");" before "?>" at the bottom

i don't know if this will affect the 1 minute poller but it makes manage work
accesss801

Post by accesss801 »

when will this plug in be available for regular use. looks very cool.
lupick

Post by lupick »

Dear All
I've got a problem

if I launch

php /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/manage/check.php 5
id : 5 - statut : down
method : 0
Host : tcp:172.16.20.151 (NFS-SUX001), old uptime is : 1868655, new is : 1916488
+ port : 80 : down
+ services : nothing to do...
2006-11-28, at 17:45:27

All is fine if I remove the check of the port.

Could you help me?

L.
cacti_test

No Manage tab -- Please help!!

Post by cacti_test »

I installed the latest version. I unzipped into a new dir /plugins/manage/. I then configured the config.php for the plugin. I logged into cacti and the only indication that this plugin is working is on the MISC tab. I do not see any Manage tab. Did I miss a step? Am I supposed to import any of the .sql files?
cacti_test

ahhh....

Post by cacti_test »

click on use manage...... duhh!

That fixed it.