SNMP: No Data

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

holti

Post by holti »

Hi,
i just installed 0.6.6 and every thing looks fine. Except SNMP: i get the list of Interfaces, but when i make a graph, no data is shown. I told cacti to log everything, but only rrd.log shows up. Whta am i doing wrong??
Suse 7.3, php 4.06 with snmp (orig. Suse)
Thanks
Michael
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

When you say that everything works fine, are all of your system graphs accumulating data? If so, you should at least see this data in the 'rrd.log' file. What happens if you run 'php cmd.php' manually from cacti's directory? The fact that you are using SuSE Linux 7.3 makes me wonder, since three others using the same PHP/OS version have had similar problems. I am still wondering if a re-compile of the php-binary would do the trick.

-Ian
holti

Post by holti »

Hi,
yes all the system-graphs show data...
I found a workaround for the problem: i switched off the internal snmp in config.php and now the snmp-graphs are showing data too.... :smile:
So: it seem to be a failure of the intenal snmpget (snmpwalk seems to work, there was a list of interfaces with the internal snmp)
Greetings
Michael
chemichon

Post by chemichon »

Michael,

How have you done this?

Thank you,

chemichon
holti

Post by holti »

It was simple...
In include/config.php change line 65 from