cacti and plugins accessing mysql as root

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mpb

cacti and plugins accessing mysql as root

Post by mpb »

Hi,

i have had cacti 0.86h running fine on freebsd5.5.

mysql had a blank root password, so i decided to fix this.

now every so often, cacti or a plugin tab hangs and i get this in apache error log:

[Mon Nov 20 12:53:13 2006] [error] [client 212.56.129.212] PHP Warning: mysql_pconnect() [<a href='function.mysql-pconnect'>function.mysql-pconnect</a>]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /usr/local/share/cacti/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 355, referer: http://212.56.128.215/cacti/plugins/links/links.php

my include/config.php contains correct username/password for cacti user to access mysql

any ideas why root access is attempted to the mysql db ?
am i missing some config somewhere ?

thanks

Marl
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

More than likely its the links plugin, since that is what the error message states.
cacti/plugins/links/links.php

The default plugin doesn't contain anything special, but its made to be modified, so did you happen to modify that file?
mpb

Post by mpb »

the log i pasted above shows the links plugin, but it happens for the haloe plugin and weathermap plugin too.

i did not modify any of the code, except the default config to get it to work, so i was just asking why it is trying root access to mysql since the cacti data is held under username cacti not root ?