Windows All-In-One Installer [Cacti 1.2.24] [Updated 2023-03-09]

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

srikrishnak

Post by srikrishnak »

Thx a lot. I found the problem. It's the file/folder security. Sorry for the trouble.
It's working fine. No errors.

Using WinXP-SP2, IIS6, Monitoring a couple of nodes for the time being.

Thx for the wonderful installer.
matguy

Post by matguy »

rallen wrote:Thanks for the response, unfortunately that did not seem to resolve the issue - while I was looking at the problem again I found an error message that managed to get behind the 50 other windows I had open complaining about not being able to find msvcr71.dll. I grabbed it off the net and stuffed it in c:\php and the error went away. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if I have any other trouble. Thanks!
I had the same issue on a new Windows 2003 server with a default installation (default paths.) I did have critical Windows updates, but I did not have the .net Framework installed before the Cacti installer, I later installed .net 2.0 from Windows Updates. This made the dialog box during scheduled polling go away, but I still recieved an error in the dos box:

Code: Select all

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\php\ext\php_snmp.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0
I would still get the dialog box asking for msvcr71.dll when running the poller from the command line though. Re-reading the posts here I tried copying the msvcr71.dll in to the c:\php folder and it fixed the issue for me as well.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Hmm, interesting you both were missing msvcr71.dll. Guess I'll check/install it with the next installer version.

matguy: You should probably run a chkdsk c: /f, and see if it finds anything (look in the event logs).
matguy

Post by matguy »

Everything does seem to be working fine, all the graphs show and I can poll other servers. Just out of curiosities sake, I am running a chkdsk to see if it does come up with any errors... It just finished while I was typing and there were none found.
mstreicher

wow

Post by mstreicher »

I was strugling with a mysql error doing the manual install, then I found this, blew everything off, ran it, and worked flawlessly on the first shot.
Excellent job!
Brim

Images not showing up.

Post by Brim »

This installer works magically. I can't even tell you the time you've saved me. Thanks.

When I launch http://localhost/cacti, the interface comes up, but there's just the box with the red 'x' each place the .gif or images are supposed to be. I've check the path and the directories are there.

Any suggestions?
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Double check the NTFS permissions are granted to the IUSR account on your cacti directory.

Also wouldn't hurt to fire up Sysinternals.com FileMon and see if anything is getting denied.

Just to re-iterate, the images for cacti itself, not the graphs, are the problem?
Brim

Post by Brim »

Thanks for the prompt reply. IUSR has read and execute on the cacti directory. U r correct, it is the cacti images, not the graphs.

Graph_view is kicking up an error though (see attached file).
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (18.58 KiB) Viewed 6322 times
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

hmm, weird. What browser are you using?
Does the same thing happen with a different one (like firefox)?
Are you running anything else on IIS?
Brim

Post by Brim »

I'm using IE 6 sp1. FireFox doesn't show the images either. There's no error when I click the treeview, but the status shows done and there's nothing on the page.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

What OS?

Did you run FileMon yet?
Brim

Post by Brim »

Win 2003 Server sp1. I ran Filemon and didn't see any denials, mostly PATH NOT FOUND and NAME COLLISION. But none looked like they pertained to Cacti. What specifics should I be looking for?
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Well denied is often the main problem, but since you've got some other issues those path not found errors might be something. Upload the FileMon log file for ONLY when you're trying to log into cacti and don't get any images.
ame
Cacti User

Post by ame »

Hi,

I have tried the install packet for windows and was surprised how easy and good it worked - Great!!!

Three small questions:

1) can I add the plugins in the same way as in Unix/linux - the plugin architecture and the plugins like thold, etc?

2) When I want to migrate all RRDs and the cacti db from our linux box - are they readable and migrateable under windows/mysql?

3) the existing package is running under .86h - has got anyone an exact migrate path to .86i for a dummy like me? Or is this procedure the same as under linux?

Thanks in advance and best regards
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

1) Yes, the patch method should work just the same. You'll probably need to re-apply NTFS security though to the patched files.

2) No. I've read they're slightly different formats. One must export to xml and then re-import back to an rrd file. Let me know if you find out otherwise.

3) Just use the same upgrade procedures listed on the website, http://www.cacti.net/downloads/docs/html/upgrade.html. while those instructions are linux specific, the same ideas apply to Windows (albeit different commands).