No Graphs

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

harner
Cacti User

No Graphs

Post by harner »

I posted my problem in another thread, but figured this would address the situation a little better. I am using 0.8.6i. We just upgraded to it from "h."

Our old machine just bombed a few weeks ago (hard drive issue) so we bought a Dell rackmount server (3Ghz Dual-core Xeon, 2Gb) to host Cacti, Nagios, and our NFS server. When it was working, Cacti was phenominal. Now, we plugged in our MySQL database information and that data comes up but no graphs to support them.

It sounds like a permissions problem, but based on other information on this forum maybe SNMP?

Thanks!
Attachments
cacti ss - no graphs
cacti ss - no graphs
cacti.JPG (14.43 KiB) Viewed 3043 times
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Double check that the installed RRDTool version and the version Cacti is configured to use are the same.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
harner
Cacti User

Post by harner »

The package rrdtool-1.2.12-13 is installed, and that is also the version that is selected in the preferences.

Anyone have any other ideas?
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Is the poller scheduled to run on a regular interval?

Are the permissions on the rra directory correct, so that the poller user can read/write and the web server user can read the RRDTool files?
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
harner
Cacti User

Post by harner »

If I recall, the poller is set to 15minutes, and the permissions on the RRD folder are 755. Is that correct?

Thanks for the help so far! I really appreciate it!
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

15... well that is an issue... Unless you modified the heartbeats no data will be added to the rrdtool files.

Change it to every 5 minutes and see if it begins to work.
harner
Cacti User

Post by harner »

Okay, here are the settings:
Daily (5 Minute Average)
Weekly (30 Minute Average)
Monthly (2 Hour Average)
Yearly (1 Day Average)

The rra directory is empty. I changed the permissions to 777 to avoid confusion.

No Graphs. Any other suggestions, please?

By the way Tony, thanks for your time!
harner
Cacti User

Post by harner »

We basically Started a fresh install of Cacti. We imported data from a MySQL db with our old information, the only problem was that there was no graphing information associated with it. So, we tried associating to some of the hosts and to no avail - no graphs. We also created a new object called "test" and tried putting a graph to that, once again no images to look at. We are running the latest version of Cacti which resolved issues like these, but I can't seem to get it to work! Any other suggestions?

The poller seems to be running fine, is there some other configuration you guys would like to see?
flickerfly

Post by flickerfly »

I'm having the same issue. It seems to be that rrdtool isn't receiving the instruction to create the rrd that the graphs pull the data from. I upgraded Ubuntu's latest version to the latest from the website. My problem is consistent. I changed permissions on rra dir to 777 to assure that permissions weren't the issue. All polling settings on the website are default. I'm not using cactid. rrdtool version is correct.

I turned up the logging and am getting these in my log file:

Code: Select all

10/19/2006 09:18:51 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select  snmp_query.id,  snmp_query.name,  snmp_query.xml_path  from (snmp_query,host_snmp_query)  where host_snmp_query.snmp_query_id=snmp_query.id  and host_snmp_query.host_id=  order by snmp_query.name"
When I go to graph management and turn on graph debug mode this is output for all my graphs:

RRDTool Command:

/usr/bin/rrdtool graph - \
--imgformat=PNG \
--start=-86400 \
--end=-300 \
--title="Localhost - Disk Space - /dev/hda1" \
--rigid \
--base=1024 \
--height=120 \
--width=500 \
--alt-autoscale-max \
--lower-limit=0 \
--vertical-label="bytes" \
--slope-mode \
DEF:a="/usr/share/cacti/rra/localhost_hdd_free_10.rrd":hdd_used:AVERAGE \
DEF:b="/usr/share/cacti/rra/localhost_hdd_free_10.rrd":hdd_free:AVERAGE \
CDEF:cdefa=a,1024,* \
CDEF:cdefe=b,1024,* \
CDEF:cdefi=TIME,1161265679,GT,a,a,UN,0,a,IF,IF,TIME,1161265679,GT,b,b,UN,0,b,IF,IF,+,1024,* \
AREA:cdefa#F51D30:"Used"  \
GPRINT:cdefa:LAST:"     Current\:%8.2lf %s"  \
GPRINT:cdefa:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s"  \
GPRINT:cdefa:MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s\n"  \
AREA:cdefe#002A97:"Available":STACK \
GPRINT:cdefe:LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf %s"  \
GPRINT:cdefe:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s"  \
GPRINT:cdefe:MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s\n"  \
LINE2:cdefi#000000:"Total"  \
GPRINT:cdefi:LAST:"    Current\:%8.2lf %s"  \
GPRINT:cdefi:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s"  \
GPRINT:cdefi:MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s\n" 

RRDTool Says:

ERROR: opening '/usr/share/cacti/rra/localhost_hdd_free_10.rrd': No such file or directory
one last probably unrequired detail, I found lines like this in apache's error.log

ERROR: opening '/usr/share/cacti/rra/localhost_hdd_free_10.rrd': No such file or directory
flickerfly

Post by flickerfly »

Since this was a new install, it was no big deal for me to wipe out the database and install a fresh one. This did not solve the problem. I have the same symptoms.

:-) Maybe it only happens for us around the north-east US.
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

The solution to this problem is to reindex the hosts using the command line utility and then to rebuild the poller cache, which you can use another command line utility for.
harner
Cacti User

Post by harner »

Thanks.
flickerfly

Post by flickerfly »

I ran this. Is that what you meant?

sudo php /usr/share/cacti/poller_reindex_hosts.php
sudo php /usr/share/cacti/rebuild_poller_cache.php
sudo php /usr/share/cacti/poller.php
I still don't have any rrds in the rra directory.
harner
Cacti User

Post by harner »

I got it working by using

php5
Instead of

php
User error. Figures! Thanks.
flickerfly

Post by flickerfly »

Did you just change that in the cli or did you have to change that in some file somewhere? I'm still getting the same problem.