problems with first logon to cacti

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

zheka

problems with first logon to cacti

Post by zheka »

Hi fellows!

I hate to bring up this subject once again but I can't resolve it for the whole week. Having installed last version of cacti I tried to logon to it via web. The attempt is unsuccessful. This is what I get:

<<Error

You have created a new database, but have not yet imported the 'cacti.sql' file. At the command line, execute the following to continue:

mysql -u cactiuser -p cacti < cacti.sql

This error may also be generated if the cacti database user does not have correct permissions on the cacti database. Please ensure that the cacti database user has the ability to SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, CREATE, ALTER, DROP, INDEX on the cacti database.>>

I understand there is an issue with mysql. but where exactly should I look at. In http error log I've got this warings:

PHP Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_connect in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: mysql: Unable to register functions, unable to load in Unknown on line 0

The cacti database was imported using sql script and all privileges were granted to cactiuser.
And I have extention inluded in php.ini
extention = mysql.so

Any ideas, guys?

Eugene
zheka

Post by zheka »

It's me again.

After commenting extention to include mysql.so in php.ini
I end up with blank screen. That's better than nothing, at least progress in getting more bumps on my stupid forehead.

When I enabled this extention in php.ini back I don't have any more Warnings in error.log but end up again with this:

Error

You have created a new database, but have not yet imported the 'cacti.sql' file. At the command line, execute the following to continue:

mysql -u cactiuser -p cacti < cacti.sql

This error may also be generated if the cacti database user does not have correct permissions on the cacti database. Please ensure that the cacti database user has the ability to SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, CREATE, ALTER, DROP, INDEX on the cacti database.

Still struggling. Help me please ! :)
anakemak

Post by anakemak »

does your sql username have any password, if do then

mysql -u <cactiuser> -p <password> cacti < cacti.sql

then follow with the previous step provide in the installation doc

:D
.:: Anak Emak ::.
zheka

Post by zheka »

Hi dude!

Thanks a lot for the hint. I spent the whole night walking through the setup and figured out the problem. It was my unusual server. I have cacti grapher as virtual site and the problem was with permissions.

Now I have the other problem. Php!
when I run poller.php it says:

PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/rrdtool.so' - /usr/lib/php4/rrdtool.so: undefined symbol: _zend_hash_add_or_update in Unknown on line 0

and after 292 seconds

10/13/2006 10:26:10 AM - POLLER: Poller[0] Maximum runtime of 292 seconds exceeded. Exiting.
10/13/2006 10:26:10 AM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:292.6985 Method:cactid Processes:1 Threads:1 Hosts:2 HostsPerProcess:2 DataSources:5 RRDsProcessed:0
PHP Warning: pclose(): 45 is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/cacti/lib/rrd.php on line 48

rrdtool is installed and rrdtool.so is present in /usr/lib/php4.

Any ideas?
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Cacti does not use the php rrdtool module, so if it doesn't work, comment it out.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
zheka

Post by zheka »

rony wrote:Cacti does not use the php rrdtool module, so if it doesn't work, comment it out.
May I know where and how exactly?

I did it in /etc/php.d/rrdtool.ini

#extension=rrdtool.so

Am I right ?

Eugene
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Should be ok, if it is not given elsewhere
Reinhard