Having issues getting cacti running on Mac OS 10.4.7

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

darthbator

Post by darthbator »

durrr, that was dumb of me =P thanks for the help. So I got php to compile and it even built the libphp5.so module for apache2 ! But still no php from my phptest file

Code: Select all

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

// Show just the module information.
// phpinfo(8) yields identical results.
phpinfo(INFO_MODULES);

?>
confusion ensues
Chris W

Post by Chris W »

LOL, don't feel bad. :)

You probably need to put this in your Apache config file, then restart Apache. Make sure you put each line where it's supposed to go!

LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
darthbator

Post by darthbator »

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

That's what I was missing. Well after a bunch of help from everyone here I m anaged to get php mysql and apache to play together nicely. :)

So I grabbed the newest version of cacti and tossed that up on my box. I completed the install process as outlined in the cacti documentation.

However I still needed to get rrdtool. Recently my experiance with getting things built out of ports to work has been not so great. So I decided to give compiling from source a shot on rrdtool.

Well after the ./configure rdr was complaining about more dependencies and missing libraries etc then I could shake a stick at. So for the sake of ease I decided I would grab rrdtool from ports.

sudo port install rrdtool

so ports builds out the dependencies on it and builds rrdtool and sticks it in /opt/local/bin/rrdtool

So I go to install cacti and everything is going fine and dandy. Until I hit the screen where it reports the locations of the required binaries. Well of course rrdtool is pointing to the wrong location. So I corrected that to the correct path and continued on with the install.

However once I got it up and running, of course, no graphs. So I ask one more time, anyone care to give me a little help :)
darthbator

Post by darthbator »

graphs just don't seem to be happening for me :( Of course more mysql issues :(

10/04/2006 12:25:09 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: Cannot connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'. Please make sure you have specified a valid MySQL database name in 'include/config.php'

I went ahead and checked the ./config.php file and found that the section about mysql was correct for my database. When I do a

mysql -u cactiuser -p cacti

using the password in /opt/local/cacti/include/config.php the user is able to view and make changes to the database... But I'm still having issues with cacti's poller being able to access the mysql db and I have no idea why :(
darthbator

Post by darthbator »

Bumping this bad boy one more time so that the morning and night crew can take a look at it and possibally provide me with a little help.