no rrdtool files

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

xpbit

no rrdtool files

Post by xpbit »

ERROR: opening '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti-0.8.6h/rra/localhost_proc_7.rrd': No such file or directory
ERROR: opening '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti-0.8.6h/rra/temp_sensor_1_temp_8.rrd': No such file or directory
ERROR: opening '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti-0.8.6h/rra/temp_sensor_1_temp_8.rrd': No such file or directory

im a complete n00b and this is my first time installing it so i probably screwed something up but it doesnt seem like rrdtool is working correctly. no graphs are showing up and thats in my apache error_log... help!
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

There are lost of possible errors that may result in this message. First, be sure to follow the instructions of the installation manual to the letter (e.g. permissions, crontab, ...). You may have a look at my signatures link on "NaN Debugging", but this does not match exactly
Reinhard
xpbit

Post by xpbit »

anybody else have any insignt? the permissions are fine on that dir. the grp and own is cactiuser but i get a permission is denied when trying to run poller.php
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

xpbit wrote:anybody else have any insignt? the permissions are fine on that dir. the grp and own is cactiuser but i get a permission is denied when trying to run poller.php
Which user was logged in when running poller.php? Please give us the exact error messages from cli
Reinhard
xpbit

Post by xpbit »

[root@xpb-monitoring ~]# /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti/poller.php
-bash: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti/poller.php: Permission denied

[cactiuser@xpb-monitoring ~]$ /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti/poller.php
-bash: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti/poller.php: Permission denied

but i did notice when running this command like the directions say it doesnt update any rows...

mysql> GRANT ALL ON cacti.* TO cactiuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'cacti';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.03 sec)
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please try

Code: Select all

/full/path/to/php /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti/poller.php
Reinhard
xpbit

Post by xpbit »

[cactiuser@xpb-monitoring root]$ /usr/local/php/bin/php /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti/poller.php
10/03/2006 02:55:52 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] DEBUG: About to Spawn a Remote Process [CMD: /usr/local/php/bin/, ARGS: -q /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti-0.8.6h/cmd.php 0 5]
sh: /usr/local/php/bin/: is a directory
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.

and it continues to do that
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

This seems to be an issue with cactiuser and access to php binary. Please login as cactiuser and try

Code: Select all

which php
, to see, if this binary is in the search path.
Unfortunately, I currently don't have access to my testing system, so all this is out of my memory and may lead into a false direction
Reinhard
xpbit

Post by xpbit »

i did the which php from cactiuser and it came up

/bin/php

tried this

[cactiuser@xpb-monitoring root]$ /bin/php /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti/poller.php
10/03/2006 03:35:00 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] DEBUG: About to Spawn a Remote Process [CMD: /usr/local/php/bin/, ARGS: -q /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti-0.8.6h/cmd.php 0 5]
sh: /usr/local/php/bin/: is a directory
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Pleae check "Settings -> Paths" for PHP Binary Path and correct it
Reinhard
xpbit

Post by xpbit »

i have graphs! thanks! well the picture of the graph is there but no lines/data or anything...

does that poller command need to be in the crontab of root or cactiuser?

any ideas why i have no data on the graphs? SNMP appears to be working. I am getting no errors and can snmpwalk fine
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please see my signature's link on NaN debugging. Take time for each step. If you're stuck at any point, please report so I can improve that HowTo
Reinhard
xpbit

Post by xpbit »

ok now i have data going to the graphs but no scales... i didnt see anything about that in your walkthrough.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

So please post a screenshot of that. And click on the graph to see 4 more; select one of the wrenches and post the whole rrdtool graph statement
Reinhard
xpbit

Post by xpbit »

/usr/bin/rrdtool graph - \
--imgformat=PNG \
--start=1159986047 \
--end=1160072147 \
--title="Localhost - Load Average" \
--rigid \
--base=1000 \
--height=120 \
--width=500 \
--alt-autoscale-max \
--lower-limit=0 \
--units-exponent=0 \
COMMENT:"From 2006/10/04 14\:20\:47 To 2006/10/05 14\:15\:47\c" \
COMMENT:" \n" \
--vertical-label="processes in the run queue" \
--slope-mode \
DEF:a="/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti-0.8.6h/rra/localhost_load_1min_5.rrd":load_1min:AVERAGE \
DEF:b="/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti-0.8.6h/rra/localhost_load_1min_5.rrd":load_5min:AVERAGE \
DEF:c="/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cacti-0.8.6h/rra/localhost_load_1min_5.rrd":load_15min:AVERAGE \
CDEF:cdefg=TIME,1160072149,GT,a,a,UN,0,a,IF,IF,TIME,1160072149,GT,b,b,UN,0,b,IF,IF,TIME,1160072149,GT,c,c,UN,0,c,IF,IF,+,+ \
AREA:a#EACC00:"1 Minute Average" \
GPRINT:a:LAST:" Current\:%8.2lf\n" \
AREA:b#EA8F00:"5 Minute Average":STACK \
GPRINT:b:LAST:" Current\:%8.2lf\n" \
AREA:c#FF0000:"15 Minute Average":STACK \
GPRINT:c:LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf\n" \
LINE1:cdefg#000000:""