Windows All-In-One Installer [Cacti 1.2.24] [Updated 2023-03-09]

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

tim.shoemaker

Post by tim.shoemaker »

I get that when I install MySQL, the program needed to install before the Cacti installation.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Ah-ha. There we go.

No, you do not need to install MySQL. The installer does it ALL for you. Please uninstall mysql, the windows installer, and reboot. Then run the windows installer again.

The first page of the installer, simply lists those few services and their statuses for information sake only right now. Eventually, I'll have the installer do somethin different if MySQL is installed.
tim.shoemaker

Post by tim.shoemaker »

That was the fix! Thank you so much for the help! I can't wait to get everthing set up on it. Have a great day!
chkaotic

Post by chkaotic »

..okay, got the installer running and it fixed all my issues..

here is my question:

What is the root password to mysql now? ive tried userid root password cactipw as the default and no go.. i know i can get into the mysql administrator with cactiuser/cactipw but what about root? i am wanting to import a database backup and it wont let me as cactiuser
^
chkaotic
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

The main passwords were listed in the last page of the installer. The root password is: cacti.
Slaktarn

Post by Slaktarn »

hay BSOD! When i try to work whit MySQL "Installed" before cacti will the php say that it missing mysql.. Why? And how can i fix it... Cuz it are installed and work whit Apache but will not work whit my IIS
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

If you already have existing websites or mysql installed, the installer is not meant for you. Furthermore, it requires IIS to be installed. I strongly suggest you read my windows install guide instead to get Cacti installed.
Slaktarn

Post by Slaktarn »

BSOD2600 wrote:If you already have existing websites or mysql installed, the installer is not meant for you
But i get it to work whitout problem whit my allredy installed mysql inte the relese before this one.. So why will not thisone work and the other one will work? Can
Slaktarn

Post by Slaktarn »

BSOD2600 wrote:If you already have existing websites or mysql installed, the installer is not meant for you
But i get it to work whitout problem whit my allredy installed mysql inte the relese before this one.. So why will not thisone work and the other one will work? Cant understand that.... And it cant be so hard so fix it to work whit a allredy installed mysql.....
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Slaktarn wrote:And it cant be so hard so fix it to work whit a allredy installed mysql.....
Possibly. As I stated previously, this installer right now is only meant for installing a clean system. I'd then have to deal with getting the root password, importing the cacti database, importing all of tweaks/scripts/templates I've already set up, etc. A pain in the butt basically.

Since you already have mysql installed, follow my installation guide instead.
Slaktarn

Post by Slaktarn »

BSOD2600 wrote:
Slaktarn wrote:And it cant be so hard so fix it to work whit a allredy installed mysql.....
Possibly. As I stated previously, this installer right now is only meant for installing a clean system. I'd then have to deal with getting the root password, importing the cacti database, importing all of tweaks/scripts/templates I've already set up, etc. A pain in the butt basically.

Since you already have mysql installed, follow my installation guide instead.
Why not have the MySQL optional? That wuld be relly great.. Cuz many ppl allredy have MySQL
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Eventually MySQL will be. Right now it is not. One of the things users get hung up on is the MySQL tweaking needed for the 'old-passwords'. Once mysql becomes optional, then all the problems come back that this installer was trying to solve.
tim.shoemaker

Images on graphs

Post by tim.shoemaker »

So the program works, but the graphs don't show any pictures. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tim
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

What installer did you use? Did you go back and uninstall everything before re-installing it again?

Go to graph mangement, click on a graph, enable graph debugging. What is the error?
tim.shoemaker

Post by tim.shoemaker »

I reinstalled the OS, then ran the Cacti install disk. Here is the error I get in debug mode.

RRDTool Command:

c:/rrdtool/rrdtool.exe graph - \
--imgformat=PNG \
--start=-86400 \
--end=-300 \
--title="OLYSWITCH02 - Traffic" \
--rigid \
--base=1000 \
--height=120 \
--width=500 \
--alt-autoscale-max \
--lower-limit=0 \
--vertical-label="bytes per second" \
--slope-mode \
AREA:#00CF00:"Inbound" \
GPRINT::LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT::AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT::MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s" \
COMMENT:"Total In\: 0 bytes\n" \
LINE1:#002A97:"Outbound" \
GPRINT::LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT::AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT::MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s" \
COMMENT:"Total Out\: 0 bytes"
RRDTool Says:

Warning: popen(c:/rrdtool/rrdtool.exe graph - --imgformat=PNG --start=-86400 --end=-300 --title="OLYSWITCH02 - Traffic" --rigid --base=1000 --height=120 --width=500 --alt-autoscale-max --lower-limit=0 --vertical-label="bytes per second" --slope-mode AREA:#00CF00:"Inbound" GPRINT::LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf %s" GPRINT::AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" GPRINT::MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s" COMMENT:"Total In\: 0 bytes\n" LINE1:#002A97:"Outbound" GPRINT::LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf %s" GPRINT::AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" GPRINT::MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s" COMMENT:"Total Out\: 0 bytes" 2>&1,rb) [function.popen]: No error in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\lib\rrd.php on line 94

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\lib\rrd.php on line 117