APC Environment Templates.

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

clustersnarf

APC Environment Templates.

Post by clustersnarf »

I tracked down the OID for the APC Environmental Sensors and started creating a set of templates for it.

This was made with 0.8.6.c. I have attached a zip file with the following templates in it.

cacti_data_template_apctemp.xml
cacti_graph_template_apc_temperature_sensor_degrees_c.xml
cacti_graph_template_apc_temperature_sensor_degrees_f.xml
cacti_host_template_apc_sensor.xml

The Degrees F uses a custom CDEF that does the following:
cdef=CURRENT_DATA_SOURCE,1.8,*,32,+

Have fun. I should update soon with the Humidity graphing.
Attachments
APC_Environmental_Temp_Sensor.1.0.zip
Contains:
(8.77 KiB) Downloaded 4651 times
--------------------------------------------------------
Daniel Powell -- Network Geek
http://www.networkgeek.org
clustersnarf

Update

Post by clustersnarf »

I have updated the templates with Degrees F and Degrees C. There is also a new Humidity graph along with this.

I have also found out the sensors have 2 ports on them, I have only written this for port 1. I will probably add port 2 in the future.
Attachments
APC_Environmental_Temp_Sensor.1.5.zip
Contains:
cacti_data_template_apchumidity.xml
(11.8 KiB) Downloaded 5070 times
Graph Example Image
Graph Example Image
graph_image.php.png (4.17 KiB) Viewed 73094 times
Daniel Powell -- Network Geek
http://www.networkgeek.org
parid

Post by parid »

Worked great for me. Thanks!
carlilek

Post by carlilek »

Just to clarify, this is for the environmental sensor stand alone products, correct? Not the Network Management card with Environmental sensor smartslot card (ie, number AP9618 or AP9619).

I couldn't get it to work with those, so APC must be using different codes for those devices. If anyone does have a template for those sensors...

BTW, the SU5000 templates work for my SU3000 with the 9619 card; I just don't get my environmental data out of it.

EDIT: Got a basic graph working with the Generic SNMP OID graph template. Just for reference, the OID for the temp sensor is:
and the humidity sensor (don't have one) appears to be:
mek1
Cacti User

Post by mek1 »

Hi,

I've installed this template to watch our APC Symmetra devices. They have external sensors that show within the UPS's web console that the temp is 75.25. THe graphs return 32 degrees F, which converted is 0 celsius.

anyone know what i might need to change?

a lesser issue is one of the two devices can sense humidity and that does not plot on the graph either.

thanks!
carlilek

Post by carlilek »

I would bet that you need to do what I did, with the separate OIDs. Try doing an snmpwalk on your UPSes to verify my OIDs--I've only got one sensor per UPS. (ok, fine, one sensor total, but...)

The environment sensor referenced in the root of this thread is (I believe) APC's standalone environment sensor suite.
mek1
Cacti User

Post by mek1 »

carlilek wrote:I would bet that you need to do what I did, with the separate OIDs. Try doing an snmpwalk on your UPSes to verify my OIDs--I've only got one sensor per UPS. (ok, fine, one sensor total, but...)

The environment sensor referenced in the root of this thread is (I believe) APC's standalone environment sensor suite.
ok, just entered the correct numbers you posted above and it returns:

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.318.1.1.10.2.3.2.1.6.1 - INTEGER: -1

edit:

i jsut changed the existing OID to .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.10.2.3.2.1.6.1

will have to wait a few to see if it takes. should that be it?

further edit:

here's what the graph is doing. It definately isn't graphing the temps correctly, the device's displayed temp is 75-77 average at all times, weird.
Attachments
snapshotapc.jpg
snapshotapc.jpg (25.98 KiB) Viewed 71132 times
Era_Russland

APC Cel graph problem

Post by Era_Russland »

Hi
I installed APC template on linux box to monitor APC device(Environment Monitoring Unit). Everything is OK but I can't see correct graph. I secusefully create two graphs(degrees C and degress F) but the grapth with degress C is incorrect. Please,look at pics below.

Thanks
Attachments
no temperature on the graph
no temperature on the graph
cel.jpg (19.55 KiB) Viewed 71044 times
Correct temperature on the graph
Correct temperature on the graph
fahr.jpg (20.62 KiB) Viewed 71044 times
mek1
Cacti User

Post by mek1 »

Did you have to make any configuration changes to get the graphs to start displaying correct temperatures? What model APC do you have? thanks
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Re: APC Cel graph problem

Post by fmangeant »

Era_Russland wrote:Hi
I installed APC template on linux box to monitor APC device(Environment Monitoring Unit). Everything is OK but I can't see correct graph. I secusefully create two graphs(degrees C and degress F) but the grapth with degress C is incorrect. Please,look at pics below.
Hi

in this graph templates, the 2 values are AREA. This means that if humidity > temperature, you won't see the temperature.

A solution would be to use an AREA an a STACK, so that you'll always see the 2 values.
[size=84]
[color=green]HOWTOs[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15353]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Unix[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26151]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Windows[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28175]Graph multiple servers using an SNMP proxy[/url][/list]
[color=green]Templates[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15412]Multiple CPU usage for Linux[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=125152]Memory & swap usage for Unix[/url][/list][/size]
carlilek

Post by carlilek »

mek1 wrote:Did you have to make any configuration changes to get the graphs to start displaying correct temperatures? What model APC do you have? thanks
From what I can see, you used the humidity OID... which would probably give you incorrect temperatures! ;)

Try .4.1 instead of .6.1. I don't know what humidity graphs look like; all I have is the temp sensor. It's an APC SU3000 with the AP9619 card.
Era_Russland

Re: APC Cel graph problem

Post by Era_Russland »

fmangeant wrote:
Era_Russland wrote:Hi
Hi

in this graph templates, the 2 values are AREA. This means that if humidity > temperature, you won't see the temperature.

A solution would be to use an AREA an a STACK, so that you'll always see the 2 values.
Hi
I'm not exactly understand, what have I do to make temperature graph visible?
The most simple way is to change the grapth order(to make the humidity<temperature). But I don't know how can I do this?
I'm just beginer cacti user :)
number_six

Sensor = AP9512TBLK / Unit = APC9619

Post by number_six »

Hi all - I hope you cacti experts are still looking at this thread as I need help please I'm a Cacti new user?

I used the xml plugins above but they're not graphing any temperature data (My sensor doesn't do humidity so not bothered about that). So I used a SNMP - Generic OID Template with .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.10.2.3.2.1.4.1

This seems to be graphing accurately the temp data but I'd like to show it go red when it reaches a certain value. Is this easy to do and if somebody wouldn't mind explaining how to do this then I'd be very grateful for your time?
Attachments
temp_apc.JPG
temp_apc.JPG (27.81 KiB) Viewed 62129 times
woody

Post by woody »

hi all,

I'm a Cacti new user too. i have installed the plugin. i have the graph but no informations into.

[/img]
Attachments
graph_image.php.png
graph_image.php.png (22.27 KiB) Viewed 59552 times
bclaveau

Post by bclaveau »

Has Anyone got this working for a
Smart-Ups 3000XLM with Network Management Card with Temp/Humid sensor?