Windows All-In-One Installer [Cacti 1.2.24] [Updated 2023-03-09]

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

cigamit is correct, this is a permission issue. Running Sysinternals.com FileMon would reveal this too with IUSR_COMPNAME getting denied.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Well I've found a few problems with the current installer when ran only on Windows 2000.

1) The scheduled task for cacti is not created. I relied on the schtasks.exe tool, which comes with XP/2003. Will need to revise the installer to compensate for this. For the 1.1 windows installer, you'll have to manually create it.

2) The NTFS permissions are not applied at all. After the installer copies xcacls.exe over to your Windows directory, it checks the system path to find it. For whatever reason, Windows 2000 doesn't properly find it while inside the script. I've modified it so it now looks in the Windows directory too. You can download the updated script here (right click Save As). Usage information is in the script.

3) The RRDTool Default Font path is set to c:\windows\. The default windows directory for Windows 2000 is C:\WINNT\. This will result in graphs with no text. Simply update the path.

4) The paths in Cacti's settings are defaulted to C:\. This creates a problem if you've installed it on another drive letter. I'll modify the installer to update the drive letters in the Cacti MySQL database.

I'll be updating the installer this weekend to fix these problems AND to use the latest versions of all core components.

rallen: I didn't get any messages about msvcr71.dll, so it must be something specific to you.
Slaktarn

Post by Slaktarn »

I delete this post.. Will just say.. What hard it was to install? But if i need to do it again. What easy it is... haha! I got the pic... Dunno if it work. but i have the graf.... Installed Microsoft SNMP Agent. Read it on your install page BSOD. Dunno if something is wrong. But for the moment. It are no lines on the graphs

Hmmm delete the orginal host... And try to create a new one. But it want show the graphs so i still have some problems whit it

Can also be like this... The graphs you allredy have when i have your SQLDatabase works. But when i try to add new ones. It will not show the pic
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

For the cpu usage, go to graph management and enable graph debugging. What error do you see? If its the .rrd file cannot be found, then it seems like you're not collecting any valid data. In that case, Turn the polling level in cacti to debug (Settings | Polling level) for one cycle, wait for Cacti to run, and paste the output of the actual log file (<webroot>/cacti/log/cacti.log). Look in the log file for when cacti tries to get data from your cpu.
Slaktarn

Post by Slaktarn »

i think everything works fine now.... Now have i problem whit the uptime plugin... And that is not this thread.... hehe ;) But that was why i try to get cacti to work. For the uptime plugin!

thx for all your help.....

Slaktarn
tim.shoemaker

Localhost Error

Post by tim.shoemaker »

I just installed everything as directed, and followed the post installation instructions. Now I keep getting this when I go to the website.

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'cactiuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\lib\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 355

I'm wondering if I messed up on the mysql installation?

Thanks for the help.
Tim
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

What OS?
Have you restarted the server?
Did you change any settings?
What firewall / antivirus ?
tim.shoemaker

Post by tim.shoemaker »

OS is Windows XP. I did reboot.
I have restarted the machine.
I only changed the post installation settings.
No firewall or antivirus is currently running. I did a fresh installation of XP, and office professional 2003 is on it too.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Why do you think you, "messed up on the mysql installation?" Did you previously have mysql installed?
tim.shoemaker

Post by tim.shoemaker »

There were two options, one was windows authentication, and the other one was something else, I chose windows.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Where did you see these options? They're not part of that windows installer...

Did you previously have mysql installed?
tim.shoemaker

Post by tim.shoemaker »

I saw them during the MySQL install

No, I didn't previously install MySQL.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

During the MySQL install? huh? The installer doesn't present you with any options for authentication. It's all preconfigured for you.

Mind posting a screenshot of what you're talking about?
tim.shoemaker

Post by tim.shoemaker »

Sure, here you go. I noticed that it won't really start without checking this option. I've tried reinstalling everything again. (Fortunately I have an image to go back on every time).
Thanks for the help.
Attachments
mysql.JPG
mysql.JPG (37.04 KiB) Viewed 26690 times
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

That dialog is NOT part of this beta windows installer. Are you manually running that? If not, when does it get invoked?