Game Server Reporting - UT2004, QW, BF1042, BFV, COD, HL

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

BrianF

Post by BrianF »

Hi,

I have this working and would like the graphs to report correct info.

At the moment the game server has 6 player in and the data at the bottom is reporting.

Max Players: 14.00
Current: 6.00
Average: 4.99
Maximum: 6.00

How can I get it to show
Max Players: 14
Current: 6
Average: 4
Maximum: 6

Lose the .00 ????

Please help
BrianF

Post by BrianF »

Forget last post resolved. :)
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Help other people out in the future and post what you did... :)
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
Bullitt

Re: My changed implementation to monitor lots of gameservers

Post by Bullitt »

hangy wrote:Hi all,
I took this nice idea and created a new implementation which supports more games. :)

For information, installation instructions, license and a list of supported games, please see the README.txt included in the archive.
Perhaps I'm being dense. How do I specify IP/port information?

Hrrmm, I may have bigger issues. When importing the templates (per the Readme.txt) I am getting some Unmet Dependencies

importing "cacti_graph_template_game_server_status_players.xml"

Code: Select all

Cacti has imported the following items:

GPRINT Preset
[success] Normal [update]

Graph Template
[success] Game Server Status - Players [new]
   + Unmet Dependency: (Data Template Item)
   + Found Dependency: (GPRINT Preset) Normal
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

I've gotten Hangy's templates to work now. The steps I took were as follows:

Download and install his scripts per his README.txt (I ignored the unmet dependancy issues from my prior post)

In cacti (with administrative priviledges)
1) Console -> "Data Input Methods" -> Game Server Status
a. Here, I had to change my "input string" because on my debian system, the user scripts seemed to want to be placed in "/usr/local/share/cacti/" The point is wherever you install the scripts, doublecheck your paths to the scripts here.
b. Also check the syntax of the script. It was initially "pathtoscripts/gameserver.php<game><ip><port><query_port>" Checking my logs, it was not using a whitespace between game/ip/port/queryport thus causing the php to crap out. I inserted a whitespace between the <game> <ip> <port> <query_port> thus becoming

gameserver.php <game> <ip> <port> <query_port>
Of course, your scripts may not be in the same spot as my system, so modify your pathname as appropriate here.

I believe that's all I did to make mine to work. To add the graph, I had to create a "Data Source" for this.

I selected console -> Data Source -> Select host -> Add
I select "Game Server Status" from the dropdown "selected data template" menu and select the appropriate host then click "Create"

I now have a new data source for my data sources.

On the next page under "Supplemental Data Template Data" I modified this field to be my descriptor for the game. In the custom data section, I replaced warsow with my gametype (example: q3 ), filled in my IP of the game server with appropriate port

Create the Graph:
Console -> Graph Management -> Add
From the "Selected Graph Template" pick the appropriate "Game Server Status" option (I chose "Game Server Status - Players" ) click Create.
I doublecheck that I am using the appropriate templates (game server status - players, and my host), then I title my graph appropriately. I then select my max players from my datasource and my playercount from the new datasource. I click Save and wait the appropriate time for the data to populate.

I'm sorry if this was really really basic, but from the past 4 pages of posts, the majority of posters (like me) didnt have a clue and those who found a clue didnt post their steps. If my steps are confusing or need clarification, let me know, I'll try and follow this thread.
Bezeker

Re: My changed implementation to monitor lots of gameservers

Post by Bezeker »

hangy wrote:Hi all,
I took this nice idea and created a new implementation which supports more games. :)

For information, installation instructions, license and a list of supported games, please see the README.txt included in the archive.
I installed this on a windows box but can seem to get any data in the graphs. Can someone help if you tell me what info you need I will be glad to post it.

Sorry I'm new to all of this.

Thanks
-SG1-Jack_O_Neill.DK

Post by -SG1-Jack_O_Neill.DK »

Hi

I have created a graph as you do in this text below, but I can see the graph, but it's not updateing.

http://89.186.169.200/cacti/graph_image ... 1167965191

I have tryed to run:

php cmd.php

And get this error:

01/05/2007 03:44:35 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[1] DS[8] WARNING: Result from CMD not valid.  Partial Result: bf289.186.169.200299
01/05/2007 03:44:36 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[1] DS[9] WARNING: Result from CMD not valid.  Partial Result: bf289.186.169.200299
01/05/2007 03:44:36 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Time: 0.1610 s, Theads: N/A, Hosts: 1
root@stargate:/usr/share/cacti/site#
Can any one help me with this?
Bullitt wrote:I've gotten Hangy's templates to work now. The steps I took were as follows:

Download and install his scripts per his README.txt (I ignored the unmet dependancy issues from my prior post)

a. Here, I had to change my "input string" because on my debian system, the user scripts seemed to want to be placed in "/usr/local/share/cacti/" The point is wherever you install the scripts, doublecheck your paths to the scripts here.
b. Also check the syntax of the script. It was initially "pathtoscripts/gameserver.php<game><ip><port><query_port>" Checking my logs, it was not using a whitespace between game/ip/port/queryport thus causing the php to crap out. I inserted a whitespace between the <game> <ip> <port> <query_port> thus becoming

Of course, your scripts may not be in the same spot as my system, so modify your pathname as appropriate here.

I believe that's all I did to make mine to work. To add the graph, I had to create a "Data Source" for this.

I selected console -> Data Source -> Select host -> Add
I select "Game Server Status" from the dropdown "selected data template" menu and select the appropriate host then click "Create"

I now have a new data source for my data sources.

On the next page under "Supplemental Data Template Data" I modified this field to be my descriptor for the game. In the custom data section, I replaced warsow with my gametype (example: q3 ), filled in my IP of the game server with appropriate port

Create the Graph:
Console -> Graph Management -> Add
From the "Selected Graph Template" pick the appropriate "Game Server Status" option (I chose "Game Server Status - Players" ) click Create.
I doublecheck that I am using the appropriate templates (game server status - players, and my host), then I title my graph appropriately. I then select my max players from my datasource and my playercount from the new datasource. I click Save and wait the appropriate time for the data to populate.

I'm sorry if this was really really basic, but from the past 4 pages of posts, the majority of posters (like me) didnt have a clue and those who found a clue didnt post their steps. If my steps are confusing or need clarification, let me know, I'll try and follow this thread.
Spaz

Post by Spaz »

bf2 89.186.169.200 29900
That the way that it needs to be send to the php file
Code:

See post bullit

The problems I have on the moment are:
teamspeak classe doesn't return count players
bf1942 dc doesn't return count & max players

stats working:
bf2
fear
bbrother

Post by bbrother »

Yes I have this working with an UT:GOTY server.
1 down, 2 to other servers to go ;-)

Hangy and Bullit thank you very much for your time and effort.
Bullit for your small "howto" it helped me out ;-)
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

bbrother wrote:Yes I have this working with an UT:GOTY server.
1 down, 2 to other servers to go ;-)

Hangy and Bullit thank you very much for your time and effort.
Bullit for your small "howto" it helped me out ;-)
I'm pleased that someone found it useful. :)

Re-reading my howto reminds me that I need to document my steps better. I'm terrible at documentation.

Hangy is "the man" I just wrote down what I did as a cacti-novice to make it work.
Rittsel

Post by Rittsel »

Hi! The script works like a charm.

But.. in the perl script i see that it has ability to grab map, name & ip.

I would like to use these as GPRINT on the graph but i dont understand much of the xml-files :/

Can anyone add these things or tell me how to do it manually within cacti?

Thanks
Julia41

Post by Julia41 »

I have a little problem with this script... It is running when I execute manually the poller.php (cactid or cmd.php). But with the poller.php in a crontab, only this graph doesn't work...
My crontab is the same command :

*/5 * * * * /usr/share/cacti/cacti.sh
And in my cacti.sh :

#!/bin/sh
/usr/share/cacti/site/poller.php # /dev/null 2>>/var/log/cacti/poller-error.log
When I run this shell script manually, the graph update nice, but with crontab, nothing :/
I try the .sh for try to correct the problem...

My logs say a "basic" error :

08/19/2007 05:45:05 PM - CACTID: Poller[0] Host[18] DS[145] SCRIPT: perl /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/hls_query.pl 91.121.25.199:27060, output: U
08/19/2007 05:45:05 PM - CACTID: Poller[0] Host[18] DS[145] WARNING: Result from SCRIPT not valid. Partial Result: ...
But the output is correct... When I run the poller manually :/

I run Cacti Version 0.8.6j with plugin architecture 1.1
You can see my Cacti on http://cacti.fun-frags.net/graph_view.php

I apologize for my English, I'm French... Very Nice project all the Cacti Template, Script & Plugin, to be continued :D
sgtrock

Post by sgtrock »

I'm using Hangy's zip file instead of the file linked in the first post. The first graph that I want to do is a player count for TF2 with a maximum. Here's the output from the Graph Debug:
RRDTool Command:

/usr/bin/rrdtool graph - \
--imgformat=PNG \
--start=-86400 \
--end=-300 \
--title="Llama - TF2 Status" \
--base=1000 \
--height=120 \
--width=500 \
--alt-autoscale-max \
--lower-limit=0 \
--vertical-label="" \
--slope-mode \
LINE2:#8D00BA:"Maximum Players" \
GPRINT::LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf %s\n" \
AREA:#FF0000:"Current Player Count" \
GPRINT::LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT::AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT::MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s\n"

RRDTool Says:

ERROR: parameter '#8D00BA' does not represent a number in line LINE2:#8D00BA:Maximum Players
The output from the Data Source Debug:
Data Source Debug

/usr/bin/rrdtool create \
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/cacti/rra/max_players_46.rrd \
--step 300 \
DS:max_players:GAUGE:600:0:1000 \
DS:player_count:GAUGE:600:0:100 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:797 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:288:797 \
Can anyone see anything obvious?

TIA

--
Edit. Never mind. Stupid mistake on my part. Gotta select a data source first! :oops:
Curves

Post by Curves »

BrianF wrote:Hi,

I have this working and would like the graphs to report correct info.

At the moment the game server has 6 player in and the data at the bottom is reporting.

Max Players: 14.00
Current: 6.00
Average: 4.99
Maximum: 6.00

How can I get it to show
Max Players: 14
Current: 6
Average: 4
Maximum: 6

Lose the .00 ????

Please help
BrianF wrote:Forget last post resolved. :)
Hi,
How do you have solved this problem please ?
(iam using the hangy script)

Thx, Curves.
risbo

Post by risbo »

Got the graphs to load, however data is not being populated yet.

Below is what is happening from the Cacti Log File;
09/27/2009 04:55:04 PM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:2.2618 Method:cmd.php Processes:20 Threads:N/A Hosts:6 HostsPerProcess:1 DataSources:65 RRDsProcessed:47
09/27/2009 04:55:04 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[1] DS[52] WARNING: Result from CMD not valid. Partial Result:
09/27/2009 04:55:04 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[1] DS[51] WARNING: Result from CMD not valid. Partial Result:
09/27/2009 04:55:03 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[1] DS[50] WARNING: Result from CMD not valid. Partial Result:
09/27/2009 04:55:03 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[1] DS[49] WARNING: Result from CMD not valid. Partial Result:
The 4 "Partial Results" are the instances of the servers I'm trying to create graphs for.

This is what is happening when executing it manually from a shell session;
root@webserver:~# php /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/gameserver.php hl 202.130.34.133 27015
player_count:1 max_players:12

root@webserver:~# php /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/gameserver.php warsow 202.130.34.133 44400
player_count:0 max_players:16

root@webserver:~# php /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/gameserver.php warsow 202.130.34.133 44402

root@webserver:~# php /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/gameserver.php warsow 202.130.34.133 44404
This is the output from the Data Source Debug;
Data Source Debug

/usr/bin/rrdtool create \
/var/lib/cacti/rra/webserver_player_count_49.rrd \
--step 300 \
DS:max_players:GAUGE:600:0:1000 \
DS:player_count:GAUGE:600:0:100 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:797 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:288:797 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:288:797 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:288:797 \
And the RRDTOOL command information;
RRDTool Command:

/usr/bin/rrdtool graph - \
--imgformat=PNG \
--start=-86400 \
--end=-300 \
--title="WebServer - Game Server Status" \
--base=1000 \
--height=350 \
--width=700 \
--alt-autoscale-max \
--lower-limit=0 \
--vertical-label="" \
--slope-mode \
--font TITLE:12: \
--font AXIS:8: \
--font LEGEND:10: \
--font UNIT:8: \
DEF:a="/var/lib/cacti/rra/webserver_player_count_49.rrd":max_players:AVERAGE \
DEF:b="/var/lib/cacti/rra/webserver_player_count_49.rrd":max_players:LAST \
DEF:c="/var/lib/cacti/rra/webserver_player_count_49.rrd":player_count:AVERAGE \
DEF:d="/var/lib/cacti/rra/webserver_player_count_49.rrd":player_count:LAST \
DEF:e="/var/lib/cacti/rra/webserver_player_count_49.rrd":player_count:MIN \
DEF:f="/var/lib/cacti/rra/webserver_player_count_49.rrd":player_count:MAX \
LINE2:a#8D00BAFF:"Maximum Players" \
GPRINT:b:LAST:" Current\:%8.2lf %s\n" \
AREA:c#FF0000FF:"Current Player Count" \
GPRINT:d:LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT:c:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT:f:MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s\n"

RRDTool Says:

OK

So basically the script its self works, so It may have something to do with the execution of it from within cacti, and how it is trying to save the data and then place it on the graph?