Trango M5830S, host template w/ dependencies (queries, etc.)

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Red

Post by Red »

I'm running Cacti 0.86h. So to verify - I rename the data query files and try importing them through the "Import Templates" section, and if that doesn't work I should upload them to the snmp_queries directory manually? And when when that is done, I import the host template.
Cacti Version - 0.8.6h
Poller Type - CMD.php
Server Info - Linux 2.6.15-26-386
Web Server - Apache/2.0.55 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.1.2
PHP - 5.1.2
PHP Extensions - xmlwriter, libxml, xml, wddx, tokenizer, sysvshm, sysvsem, sysvmsg, standard, SimpleXML, sockets, soap, SPL, shmop, session, Reflection, posix, mime_magic, mbstring, iconv, hash, gettext, ftp, filepro, exif, dom, dba, date, ctype, calendar, bz2, bcmath, zlib, pcre, openssl, xmlreader, apache2handler, snmp, mysql, mysqli, gd
MySQL - 5.0.22-Debian_0ubuntu6.06-log
RRDTool - 1.2.11
SNMP - 5.2.1.2
Plugins
  • Syslog Monitoring (haloe - v0.4)
    Network Tools (tools - v0.2)
    Device Monitoring (monitor - v0.6)
    PHP Network Weathermap (weathermap - v0.82)
    Host Info (hostinfo - v0.1)
    Report Creator (reports - v0.1b)
Frances
Cacti User

Post by Frances »

Exactly -- I can see re-reading my post how that would have been unclear -- sorry about that.
Red

Post by Red »

Adding new host:
Notice: Undefined index: oid_index in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/data_query.php on line 156

Notice: Undefined index: oid_index in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/data_query.php on line 159

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/data_query.php on line 181

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/data_query.php on line 515

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/data_query.php:156) in /usr/share/cacti/site/host.php on line 151
I'm going to download the CactiEZ disk and try that on a spare hard drive just to see if it works there.
Red

Post by Red »

I nuked cacti on one of my servers and reinstalled (removed and reinstalled with apt, not a CactiEZ install). Loaded the xml files (and it DID load the files to the snmp_queries this time), but when you add a host under the Trango template it doesn't show any asociated data queries or graph templates. When I try to add the AP data query, I get the same error as above. :(
beavis

Got it Almost working.

Post by beavis »

Well, thanks for the information Francis and Eger (we meet again. :) )

I am setting up a new Cacti server and after several hours, I got it to work except for a couple things:

1) The RSSI graphs are not showing any data. The graph is there, but the values are all "nan"

2) The Traffic graphs only show ONE side of the traffic for both the AP and SUs - the outbound traffic. The inbound traffic is "nan" I checked the data templates and both "inbound'' and "outbound" are listed there and looks like they're setup correct.

Any suggestions as to what might be happening? It's almost like the OIDs are incorrect for the inbound traffic.
ptera

Query returns 0 Items 0 Rows - Did I miss a step somewhere?

Post by ptera »

ArborcrestAP to Sullivan (cust-426.ptera.net)
SNMP Information
System: Trango Systems Inc. SNMP agent for M5830S
Uptime: 8215000
Hostname:

Data Query Debug Information

+ Running data query [10].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/share/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/trango_m5830s_ap_su.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ ''
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/share/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/trango_m5830s_ap_su.xml'

Associated Graph Templates

Graph Template Name Status
No associated graph templates.

Associated Data Queries

Data Query Name Debugging Re-Index Method Status
1) Trango M5830S AP - AP Statistics (Verbose Query) Uptime Goes Backwards Success [0 Items, 0 Rows]
2) Trango M5830S AP - SU Statistics (Verbose Query) Uptime Goes Backwards Success [0 Items, 0 Rows]
paonia

Post by paonia »

Frances wrote: And of course for PtP there will be templates for the Atlas and Link-10.

I'll be happy to adapt the templates for the M900S and M2400S and post them here (once we get them working for others!), and I believe others have contributed templates for the Atlas and Link-10 already (I'll double check). I believe Trango left most of the tree intact and changed only the sysOID from one PtMP to the next, so adapting the PtMP templates should be trivial.
I would be very interested in working templates for the m900, Atlas and tlink. I would be willing to help debug whatever people have
kaptk2

Post by kaptk2 »

I am still having trouble with getting things graphed. All the XML files seem to be loaded ok but when I go to create graphs I get this error:

Code: Select all

This data query returned 0 rows, perhaps there was a problem executing this data query
When I run in debug mode I get this:

+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/trango_m5830s_ap.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/trango_m5830s_ap.xml'
Any hints to get this working? I am using Cacti-0.8.6i.
ptera

Me too!

Post by ptera »

Here is what I get when adding a device..

SNMP Information
System: Trango Systems Inc. SNMP agent for M5830S
Uptime: 59060840
Hostname:

+ Running data query [11].
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/share/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/trango_m5830s_ap.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/share/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/trango_m5830s_ap.xml'

+ XML file parsed ok.

What I put in red looks funny to me. @ '' <- why is this blank. (BTW I know absolutely nothing about XML)

1) Trango M5830S AP - AP Statistics (Verbose Query) Uptime Goes Backwards Success [0 Items, 0 Rows]
2) Trango M5830S AP - SU Statistics (Verbose Query) Uptime Goes Backwards Success [0 Items, 0 Rows]
geskorup

Post by geskorup »

Same problem.

Data Query Debug Information

+ Running data query [17].
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/local/share/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/trango_m5830s_ap_su.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/local/share/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/trango_m5830s_ap_su.xml'

Associated Graph Templates

Graph Template Name Status
No associated graph templates

Associated Data Queries

Data Query Name Debugging Re-Index Method Status
kaptk2

Post by kaptk2 »

So does anybody know how to fix it? If anybody does have a solution please share it here so we all can benifit.
gerbilnut

Trango Templates

Post by gerbilnut »

I managed to get most of the template stuff working, or at least imported, but when I try to "Add graphs for this host" I get the error messages that I attached in the screen shot. I am running, 0.8.6i

Anyone that has had any luck with this know what could be going on?
Attachments
trango.gif
trango.gif (57.03 KiB) Viewed 9313 times
djcronos

Post by djcronos »

Okay, so who here has ACTUALLY got this to work? With all the files uploaded, and all the broken instructions and people having issues, I'm not sure how to get these working.

I tried to import the templates, they said they were imported successfully, but then when I go into /opt/cacti/resource/snmp_queries no .xml files were uploaded - so I uploaded the 3 files that Frances had attached most recently to this forum post, and removed the 'cacti_data_queries' from the filenames.

This is what I see when I click 'Create Graphs for Host', using the Trango AP AP template:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /opt/cacti/graphs_new.php on line 540

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /opt/cacti/graphs_new.php on line 541

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /opt/cacti/graphs_new.php on line 616

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /opt/cacti/graphs_new.php on line 617
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this and provide us with a concise step-by-step instructions on how to get these templates imported.

Please, any help is appreciated! :)
Red

Post by Red »

I took another swing at this with the latest version of cacti, still no go. I get hung up in the same spot. Does ANYONE have this working? Is it even a problem with the templates? I'm thinking of starting a new thread to troubleshoot the "Undefined index: oid_index" errors, but I don't want to make any duplicates. Could be that the people who know how to fix this are ignoring the topic as a trango specific error, which it may not be...
Communications Access Cooperative
Fiber-Optic and Fixed-Wireless ISP
geskorup

Post by geskorup »

Try my Trango templates located here.. http://forums.cacti.net/about22214.html