SNMP Error for Win2k3 device

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

anakemak

SNMP Error for Win2k3 device

Post by anakemak »

My cacti is already up :D but the only problem is that i cannot plot any graph for win2k3 device. I already check and SNMP service already install in the server and already running. I had add cacti server ip and customize the community string to match with cacti config but it prompt SNMP error. Hope someone can help me here.

There's also a few server using winxp that get the same error as other server using winxp can be configure in cacti and get SNMP responce.
.:: Anak Emak ::.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Modify the snmp service properties from the management console and insure that you have a good snmp community string and that permissions are set open enough for you to access it from your poller.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
neurotox
Cacti User

Post by neurotox »

Have you try to access your 2003 from it self? (you can use "getif")

If it works, double check your config in cacti and on your 2003 and try to access your host with snmpwalk...
anakemak

Post by anakemak »

i've make sure that community string set in the server is the same as in cacti and from the server i've already set allow for my cacti server...still it get's snmp error....thanks for the alternate solution by using getif....will try it...
neurotox
Cacti User

Post by neurotox »

are you using cactid or poller.php?

When you use cactid with a non-standard port (other then 161) you can get strange result if you dont have the lastest version...
anakemak

Post by anakemak »

i'm using poller.php but now i got some serious problem...i don't know why and what gone wrong but suddenly my cacti page just show blank screen. i try to run: php index.php and it show segmentation fault. This is weird coz jus before it was running fine without problem....can anyone help me fix this...as i currently install cacti again and already delete and create a new database: cactidb at my mysql database. :cry:
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Looks like either a php or apache issue. Run "php -v" and "php -m" and post your results.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
anakemak

Post by anakemak »

[root@mncsupport ~]# php -v
PHP 5.0.4 (cli) (built: Nov 8 2005 08:27:12)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.0.4-dev, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

[root@mncsupport ~]# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bz2
calendar
ctype
curl
dbx
dio
exif
ftp
gd
gettext
gmp
iconv
ldap
libxml
mime_magic
mysql
mysqli
openssl
pcntl
pcre
posix
pspell
session
shmop
SimpleXML
snmp
sockets
SPL
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
wddx
xml
yp
zlib

[Zend Modules]

this is the result....is there any problem....?
x2c

Post by x2c »

i am supprised they actually replied to you i have been figuring out all my problems on my own because they never help me.

but i have that same problem right now. only i do not have errors with snmp, they communcate to the w2k3 devices.
but all i get is a blank page with text on what it is supposed to be graphing.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

x2c,

You have got to be kidding. Look at your posts, the questions are too generic. Unless you are specific, showing screen shots (yes you can attach JPegs and/or be more specifc) it will be very difficult to answer your problems. Frankly, we all have personal lives too and we are not paid to train users.

TheWitness

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

anakemak,

Do as the previous poster suggested, download getif on the w2k3 box and attempt to access it locally. Until you have that working, don't post again. Also, with regard to the segmentation fault, why would you ever run "php index.php"? That makes no sense, you access index.php from the web site, it is not a script to be run from the command line...

TheWitness

anakemak

Post by anakemak »

if the text is the name of the host then it would probably be that the SNMP not detect or else....you didn't create the graph for that host...that's i experience before and it's due to SNMP error, so it couldn't create the graph for it....any way, TheWitness, i've what u ask for is there anything else i should do...and i really don't know what's the purpose of doing php -v and php -m?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Just two days ago when someone mentioned a segmentation fault, they ran php -m and php segfaulted on them from that simple test. They remade from source and the problem went away. Interesting thing anyway.

TheWitness

x2c

Post by x2c »

TheWitness wrote:x2c,

You have got to be kidding. Look at your posts, the questions are too generic. Unless you are specific, showing screen shots (yes you can attach JPegs and/or be more specifc) it will be very difficult to answer your problems. Frankly, we all have personal lives too and we are not paid to train users.

TheWitness
i will gladly upload screen shots for you. how hard is it to say please give more information.
but then again like you said you have life.

thats the issue i get no images. i searched for hours on the forums carfully reading everyones issues with trying the soloutions.

thanks TheWitness.

sorry i almost forgot.

System - Fedora Core 5
rrdtool - 1.2.15.tar.gz
php - 5.0.4
cacti - 0.8.6h

i hope that helps everyone a little better.
Attachments
no_graphs.JPG
no_graphs.JPG (66.92 KiB) Viewed 4326 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

x2c,

See now that was not too hard. A picture is worth 1 thousand words.

1) Check your poller log, are you updating RRD files
2) If so, run "<path_rrdtool>/rrdtool" from the command line, record the version.
3) Goto Settings->General and verify that the correct RRDtool version is selected.
4) Verify that the Settings->Paths include not just the path, but also the fille names to the excutables as well.
5) Makes sure your font file is correct.

TheWitness