[XML] Cisco SAA Jitter/Jitter-error/http template

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

JJX
Cacti User

Re: jitter for cisco 3750

Post by JJX »

cotontige wrote:Hi all, how can i configure my cisco 3750 switch to monitorind the jitter please ?

Thanks in advance :-?
enable snmp , add the switch to cacti (as new device) and use the above template ;)
cacti rulez!
cotontige

Re: jitter for cisco 3750

Post by cotontige »

JJX wrote:
cotontige wrote:Hi all, how can i configure my cisco 3750 switch to monitorind the jitter please ?

Thanks in advance :-?
enable snmp , add the switch to cacti (as new device) and use the above template ;)
Thank a Lot JJX :wink:

i create a rtr rule on my switch and it's work well !!!
clrgomes

Graph and .rra files

Post by clrgomes »

Hello,

I imported the XMP by "Import Template" and I put the file cisco_saa.xml in directory resource/snmp_queries/cisco_saa.xml ok

But the files .rra and the graph did not create, why?

Please help me..
Thanks

CLRGomes
CLRGomes
From Brazil
JJX
Cacti User

Re: Graph and .rra files

Post by JJX »

clrgomes wrote:Hello,

I imported the XMP by "Import Template" and I put the file cisco_saa.xml in directory resource/snmp_queries/cisco_saa.xml ok

But the files .rra and the graph did not create, why?

Please help me..
Thanks

CLRGomes
A bit late to answer, however:

You have to create a device, create graphs and run the poller with the correct permissions.
Try to run poller as root and tell as if u get any errors (or check the logs)
cacti rulez!
clrgomes

Graphic Error

Post by clrgomes »

Yes, I have correct permissions and others graphics are working perfect.

Tks

CLRGomes
CLRGomes
From Brazil
fritchie

Re: More templates and some fixes

Post by fritchie »

hwon wrote:It seems like there are few users who has trouble importing xml files. The cisco_saa.xml file is not meant to be imported via cacti import xml interface. You need to manually copy it over to a sub directory under cacti. Follow below instructions:

Copy cisco_saa.xml to following location:
<path_cacti>/resource/snmp_queries/

Import cacti_data_query_cisco_saa_statistics.xml file via cacti xml import.

I've made few changes in regards to the templates. For jitter template it will show correct maximum value for minus jitter (Before, if there was -5 and -11, it would show -5 as maximum, which is infact the minimum). Also, on jitter/error template minimum jitter's maximum has been changed to minimum. No point of having a maximum of minimum :>. And it will fix the graph where average line shows below minimum line.

Also added Voice scoring template for VoIP SAA test available with latest Cisco SAA/SLA probe. You will need to select VoIP codec (Either g711 or g729) when creating SAA/SLA probe for this to work.

Currently I cannot logon using my old account jeanvav so I won't be able to update the old xml files. So use the one attached to this post.
Would it be a huge challenge to get this template to work with 0.8.6c? The voip scoring template is great!

(Total Cacti newb here)
ahmedragab@sbcglobal.net

Cisco IP SLA

Post by ahmedragab@sbcglobal.net »

How do you like Cisco's IP SLA IOS features? Can i degrade the router's resources? Can it proactively alert you of VoIP degradation (Jitter, delay, packet loss). Is it real time? Can it give you info on existing calls? How are you graphing all this info?
How accurate is it ? What if the router is very busy and has congestions or the buffers are full due to heavy usage, can you still get accurate info ?

Thank you

Ahmed Ragab
Systmes Engineer
www.Qovia.com
847-756-0539
NetGeek

Issues with latest SAA Templates

Post by NetGeek »

Hello!
I am looking for some help getting these SAA templates working for me. Here is the background:

Routers: Cisco 7200s running IOS 12.3(8)T5 with SAA configured

Cacti: cacti-0.8.6h
PHP: PHP 4.3.0
MySQL: 4.0.21
RRDTool: RRDtool 1.2.11
Apache: apache_1.3.27

Latest SAA templates:
cisco_saa_671.xml
cacti_data_query_cisco_saa_statistics.xml

I followed the instructions in the post and copied the file cisco_saa_671.xml to the <path_cacti>/resource/snmp_queries/cisco_saa.xml and ran the import of cacti_data_query_cisco_saa_statistics.xml via the web import function. Here is what I got:

Now I add one of my saa routers click on the "CREATE GRAPHS for this Host" link.

Where I now see the options of Graph Templates, Data Query [Cisco - SAA Statistics] and Data Query [SNMP - Interface Statistics]. When I select one of the interfaces for a Interface stat query, the check box get set and the line is highlighted yellow. However if I select on of the Cisco SAA queries, the check box is set but the line does not turn yellow:

When I click on create I get the following messages:

+ Created graph: STTLWA-SAA-01 - SAA Basic
|query_rttMonCtrlAdminTag|)
+ Created graph: STTLWA-SAA-01 - Traffic - Et0/0

Now I go to graphs and I see that the traffic graph is created but the SAA are not. I check back after two polling cycles and I see that traffic graphs now exist and have data. However the links to the graphs for SAA are still broken. I check then for RDD files and see one for the interface stats but not one for SAA probe.

I ran the poller for the command and found an entry for traffic stats:
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
08/31/2006 03:25:01 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] CACTI2RRD: /usr/local/bin/rrdtool update /usr/local/cacti-0.8.6h/rra/sttlwasaa01_traffic_
in_69.rrd --template traffic_out:traffic_in 1157052274:3114803689:2810733671

but none for the SAA.

Soooo, does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in Advance!!!
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

There is one MAJOR requirement for Cisco SAA (or whatever they renamed it to) to work properly.

1) All SAA Endpoint pairs must be named
2) Each name must be unique (aka Site1-to-Site2, etc.)

If the names are not unique, cacti won't know what to graph. In your case, it appears that you may not have named them.

Others listening here, please clarify if I am wrong. It has been a while since if have looked at this post.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
NetGeek

Post by NetGeek »

TheWitness wrote:There is one MAJOR requirement for Cisco SAA (or whatever they renamed it to) to work properly.

1) All SAA Endpoint pairs must be named
2) Each name must be unique (aka Site1-to-Site2, etc.)

If the names are not unique, cacti won't know what to graph. In your case, it appears that you may not have named them.

Others listening here, please clarify if I am wrong. It has been a while since if have looked at this post.

TheWitness
Thanks! I looked closer and found what you talking about. Looking right here:

+ Created graph: STTLWA-SAA-01 - SAA Basic (
|query_rttMonCtrlAdminTag|)

The field |query_rttMonCtrlAdminTag| should have been replaced with the actual admin tag.

The admin tag fields had been put in by a provisioning system and had been truncated to 16 chars. They had ended up not being unique. I updated the router config to make them unique and I am now able to create and view graphs! One thing though is that when I had a small number of entries to select from, the selections will highlight Yellow. But if I have a lot, they will not highlight. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks again for the help!!!
NetGeek
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Settings->Visual. Increase the number of JavaScript Rows.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
NetGeek

Post by NetGeek »

TheWitness wrote:Settings->Visual. Increase the number of JavaScript Rows.

TheWitness
Sweet!! That was it!

Thanks!
NetGeek
Keene44
Cacti User

Post by Keene44 »

Has anyone every setup an SAA DNS template. (non HTTP)?
Jeekay

Post by Jeekay »

My graphs end up looking very weird. The output from the router CLI is:

Jitter Values (milliseconds):
MinOfPositivesSD: 1 MaxOfPositivesSD: 151
NumOfPositivesSD: 225 SumOfPositivesSD: 910 Sum2PositivesSD: 42410
MinOfNegativesSD: 1 MaxOfNegativesSD: 150
NumOfNegativesSD: 229 SumOfNegativesSD: 948 Sum2NegativesSD: 44184
MinOfPositivesDS: 1 MaxOfPositivesDS: 1025
NumOfPositivesDS: 246 SumOfPositivesDS: 3123 Sum2PositivesDS: 1168435
MinOfNegativesDS: 1 MaxOfNegativesDS: 1007
NumOfNegativesDS: 319 SumOfNegativesDS: 3086 Sum2NegativesDS: 1106486
Jitter Avg: 7 JitterSD Avg: 4 JitterDS Avg: 10
Interarrival jitterout: 0 Interarrival jitterin: 0

By my reckoning, the average pos S->D jitter values should either be 4ms (910/225) or 13 (sqrt(42410/225). However, on the graphs it is showing massive jitter values in excess of 100ms (this on a link that has an RTT of 30ms...).

Has anyone seen this or know how to fix it?

I've been browsing around every part of the cacti configuration frontend but am unable to see anywhere what OIDs it is polling for these numbers so cannot figure out if its broken maths or broken OIDs.

Thanks,
Ras
Attachments
graph_image.png
graph_image.png (29.64 KiB) Viewed 14572 times
naak

994 of 1000

Post by naak »

Hi,

for some reason cacti says there are 6 packets missing while checking from cisco this is not the case.

Any idea whats going on