Reporting: Top Talkers, busiest servers - PLUGIN AVAILABLE

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

bradley

Post by bradley »

Use the web-interface to view the real-time reports. When selecting a date
of the report, just select "Current Values" (or something similar, I cant remember what I called it).

There's no way to delete the old reports - they get expired automatically.

(You can delete them from mysql tho)

--
Brad.
twelzy
Cacti User

Post by twelzy »

bradley,

I installed you latest version of the reposts plugin, but I had some troubles here...
I click to add a new report on the "Report Settings" page, then I fulfill all the forms and click the "Create" button.
Then appears the "Save Successful." message on the top of the page, but no report appears on the report table of the "Report Settings" page!
So I decided to look at the MySQL database and for my surprise all the data are correctly in the 'plugin_report_definitions' table!

Any idea...?!

Thanks in advance!
(And sorry for my poor English...)
Thanks in advance!
Cacti User

Post by Diggit2001 »

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting this plugin to work with Windows yet. I am still banging away at it but my extremely limited knowledge of all things coding is hampering me a bit. I have managed to fumble through getting DBI installed but now the problem seems to be related to rrdtool. I am using version 1.2.12 with my cacti installation. When I run "perl runReports.pl" from a command prompt, I get this mess:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\plugins\reports>perl runReports.pl
Can't locate loadable object for module RRDs in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/
rrdtool-1.2.11/lib/perl C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at runReports.pl line 7
Compilation failed in require at runReports.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at runReports.pl line 7.

I believe the script is trying to find my rrds but I'm not too sure how to point it in the right direction.

Is there anyone out there that can possibly lend a hand?

Thanks in advance...
-Chris
luckyksc

right direction

Post by luckyksc »

twelzy

I install the lastest plugin and had the same problem.
the fix is to add another field "enabled" in mysql 'plugin_report_definitions' table.

Diggit2001
Go to rrdtool website download the rrd-perl-xxx.zip,
exact it, there you will find a perl-shared folder
copy perl-shared to rrdtool folder
run C:\rrdtool\perl-shared>ppm install rrds.ppd

I just figure these thing out..but haven't got any report yet. When I run the script manually I get:
runReports.pl 2 --start:
No report definitions found for RRA ID 2 at C:\apache2\htdocs\cacti\plugins\reports\runReports.pl line 152.
I haven't set up a schedule to run yet, Maybe that's why.

Goodluck! Hope this help you guys!
Luckyksc
luckyksc

Getting 0 for all data

Post by luckyksc »

bradley,

I am having the same problem with some of the other user. I tried the newest plugin, get all the display reportted, but getting 0.00 for all value. I have tried to select 1 graph, then 1 data template, then btoh graph and data template but still value is 0.00.

Thanks,
luckyksc
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Bradley,

0.8.6 SVN now includes two new functions called:

html_header_sort
html_header_sort_checkbox

You should modify your plugin to utilize. For the time being (aka before the release of 0.8.6i, you should extricate these two functions and include as a part of your plugin module using the following syntax:

Code: Select all

if (!function_exists("html_header_sort")) {
   include("my_hack_file.php");
}
Then you can significantly clean up your UI. Otherwise looks like a great contribution.

Thanks,

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
twelzy
Cacti User

Post by twelzy »

Thanks luckyksc!
Now my reports definitions are show in the "Report Settings" page!
(bradley, could you update the 'setup.php' to fix the absence of the 'enabled' field in the plugin_report_definitions table?!)

But now I'm having the same problems that you, luckyksc...
All my reports are with value 0.00!!!

Any idea...?!

Thanks in advance!
Thanks in advance!
Cacti User

Post by Diggit2001 »

Thanks luckyksc, that worked like a champ and then I was onto my next error/problem. This seems to be the way things work when trying to get these cool new plugins to function on a Windows setup. A couple of days ago, a friend setup a Linux box with NTop and showed me how quick and easy it was. I was very impressed, especially when I remembered what a hassle it was on Windows. I have decided to take the plunge and finally learn a little something about Linux. I will be loading my Linux server this afternoon (CentOS) and migrating my entire cacti installation over to it.

It can't be that hard, right? :D

Thanks again.
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

bradley wrote: There's no way to delete the old reports - they get expired automatically.

(You can delete them from mysql tho)

--
Brad.
Hey Brad, can you tell me when the reports will expire, what the timeline is?

I currently have 3 month old reports (I haven't been running any for a few months either, not sure if those processes have anything to do with it).
bradley

Post by bradley »

The expiry rules are as follows:

From within runReports.pl there are some comments:

# We use the following methodology:
# If our current RRA is daily, then we remove all daily reports that are older
# then twice the weekly time-span.
# If Weekly, then remove all weekly reports that are twice the monthly timespan,
# Etc. Etc.

This also means that you need runReports.pl in your crontab for them to expire tho.

--
Brad.
Mikeos

Reports plugin on windows

Post by Mikeos »

Did anybody finally get this plugin working on a Windows box. I'm at the point that Tobias is at (see post below) ?

Thanks

-Mike

I tried to get this reports running on windows, but until now didn't have success.
On the website it shows only values of 0.
When I run the runReports.pl I see some error messages: "RRD Export Failed: Cannot parse DS in 'DEF:a=d:/wwwroot/monitoring.domain.ch/rra/sui_internet_traffic_in_206.rrd:cpu:AVERAGE'"
I use rrdtool version 1.2.12 (cygwin) in cacti, but the perl module for windows provided by tobi oetiker is version 1.2.10.
Is this a problem?

Best Regards
Tobias
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

All,

The top_talkers relies on the RRDtool perl module which is not readily available for Windows at the moment.

If someone would simply re-write perl code in PHP and pass the code off to me, I will finish the RRDtool integration. I just don't have time at the moment.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

bradley wrote:Use the web-interface to view the real-time reports. When selecting a date
of the report, just select "Current Values" (or something similar, I cant remember what I called it).
Brad.
Can you help be better understand the difference between the "Current" view , and a report I just ran?
bradley

Post by bradley »

Current Values are generated every 5 minutes - the plugin hooks into the post-poller routine to get the values just polled...

Reports are generally an average/max/min etc. over a time period.

--
Brad.
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

That's what I needed - thanks for the quick responses.