No interfaces showing up!

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

nfantis

No interfaces showing up!

Post by nfantis »

Hey,

I am working with entirely Foundry gear and I cannot get the SNMP Interface Statistics to work. No interfaces show up. I know the community string is correct and I am using Generic SNMP host template. The Foundry host template that can be downloaded does work (such as CPU usage) so I know it is picking up SNMP traffic.

Here is the debug query info:

Data Query Debug Information

+ Running data query [1].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/interface.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1'
+ No SNMP data returned
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/interface.xml'

It isn't getting anything returned, any thoughts?

Thanks
salah

Post by salah »

Hi nfantis,

Do you try to walk with snmp, ie to get info from your device with snmp binaries ?

exemple :

Code: Select all

snmpwalk -c your_community ipaddress
Maybe you have to specify then snmp version (1, 2c,3) with the -v option :

snmpwalk -v 2c -c your_community ipaddress
What the result is ?

--
Salah
nfantis

Error

Post by nfantis »

When I try that, I get the following error:

snmpwalk: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

What OS/Distro are you running?

Do you have SSL installed?
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
nfantis

Post by nfantis »

I am running Fedora Core 5 and SSL does appear to be installed.

Thanks
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

I had a problem on FC5 where the installed SSL and the SSL version used for SNMP where not the same. And libaries where missing. I simply linked the libaries that where missing to the installed version. Not usually the best thing to do, but usually pretty save with OpenSSL.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
nfantis

snmpwalk

Post by nfantis »

Ok, I got SNMP walk working by installing another openssl package that was listed in the package manager.

When I enter in the following command (taken from the verbose query of SNMP - Interfaces in Cacti), I get the error "Timeout: No Response from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

snmpwalk -v 2c -c .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Does this mean that my device doesn't understand that SNMP request? And if not, is it possible to change it if I find out the correct request?
gandalf
Developer

Re: snmpwalk

Post by gandalf »

nfantis wrote:Ok, I got SNMP walk working by installing another openssl package that was listed in the package manager.

When I enter in the following command (taken from the verbose query of SNMP - Interfaces in Cacti), I get the error "Timeout: No Response from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

snmpwalk -v 2c -c .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Does this mean that my device doesn't understand that SNMP request? And if not, is it possible to change it if I find out the correct request?
Try -v1 instead of -v2c. And you've missed the target, so

snmpwalk -v 1 -c xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1 
Reinhard
nfantis

Post by nfantis »

Hey thanks everyone, I got all that working as well as many other features from playing around. I appreciate the help.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please enlighten us: what did the trick? Just for others with similar problems ...
Reinhard
NZ_Cacti

XML Host template

Post by NZ_Cacti »

Hi,

Can you post the Host XML template that you are using for the Foundry switches please. We have not been able to get our switches monitored.

thanks