Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gundamx

Re: can't save output file

Post by gundamx »

gundamx wrote:
Howie wrote:
gundamx wrote: Yes... I have setup permissions but can't save to output folders
I use plugin on cacti
You don't save anything to the output folder. The plugin will do that when the poller process runs (every 5 minutes). It will take any maps you have added (Management..Weathermaps..Add), and produce three output files for each one.

If you have added a map and it doesn't do that, then have a look in the Cacti log file for lines starting with "WEATHERMAP:". There should be a useful error message in there if something is wrong.

If there is nothing at all, try disabling other plugins in your Cacti config.php and waiting for a poller-cycle. If an earlier plugin fails (especially Reports), then Weathermap doesn't run at all.

If there are no errors (only 'normal' messages), then try turning on Cacti DEBUG logging for one poller-cycle, and looking again. It should give you some clue.

Hi all
I have error in cacit log when i add map

04/21/2006 10:08:42 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "insert into weathermap_maps (configfile,titlecache,active) VALUES ('minor.conf','(no title)','on')"

please help me!!!!!
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

gundamx wrote:please help me!!!!!
I replied to this days ago. Look just before your last post.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

Did it work??????
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
gundamx

Post by gundamx »

Howie wrote:
Did it work??????
Don't Work.... i change for your recommand in line 390
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

gundamx wrote:
Howie wrote:
Did it work??????
Don't Work.... i change for your recommand in line 390
Then I don't know the answer. I can't reproduce this problem. The other two people who had it didn't reply with their final solution or if they just gave up. I think one of them changed to an older/newer mysql.

The SQL line that is causing the error is about the simplest SQL query there is :(
davs

Post by davs »

Hi Howie and Gundamx,

Sorry for not having telling you some news, I didn't gave up, your plugins is so good, but I just changed into mysql 4 and it works fine. I know, I choose the easiest solution but I stayed about 2 days trying to resolved the problems.
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

davs wrote:Hi Howie and Gundamx,

Sorry for not having telling you some news, I didn't gave up, your plugins is so good, but I just changed into mysql 4 and it works fine. I know, I choose the easiest solution but I stayed about 2 days trying to resolved the problems.
Which is wierd, because I've tested with MySQL 5.0.15-nt, 5.0.14, 4.1.12-Max , 4.0.13 and some others, on Windows, Linux and FreeBSD, and I can't make this fail the same way!

Gundamx, could you please use the 'mysql' command-line tool (mysql -u root -p cacti) to manually enter this query?

Code: Select all

insert into weathermap_maps (configfile,titlecache,active) VALUES ('minor.conf','(no title)','on');
and tell me what error you get (if you get one)?
jamey

Post by jamey »

Is it possible for weathermap to display availability of the device that the links are between? If not, are there any future plans in implementing this?
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

jamey wrote:Is it possible for weathermap to display availability of the device that the links are between? If not, are there any future plans in implementing this?
Please post an 'imaginary' config for how you would see this being done... several people have asked, but I haven't yet decided how this would work.

It's not possible directly at the moment. You could get there with some script that modified the weathermap config files during the poller cycle, but that's not very neat.
jamey

Post by jamey »

Howie wrote:
jamey wrote:Is it possible for weathermap to display availability of the device that the links are between? If not, are there any future plans in implementing this?
Please post an 'imaginary' config for how you would see this being done... several people have asked, but I haven't yet decided how this would work.

It's not possible directly at the moment. You could get there with some script that modified the weathermap config files during the poller cycle, but that's not very neat.

The easiest way that I could imagine it working, which may not be the most accurate, would be having 2 rrd files configured. This is assuming that when polling the device, if it does not respond to the snmp query it is reflected in some way in the rrd file (other than just 0 traffic). By having one rrd file for each device in a link, you could then determine which end is unavailable.

Now, I'm not sure if that would even work, as I have not researched into the inner workings yet. I just installed Cacti and Weathermap this week, and like what I see so far.
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

By having one rrd file for each device in a link, you could then determine which end is unavailable.
You would have to have two links configured in order to figure out which side is down, since one link is just the in and out of one port/interface.

I don't know how this could be done "nicely", via just the weathermap interface, either. Perhaps it should just be semi-joined to Cacti's or thold's up/down check process and when they change the status of a device in the database from up to down or vice versa, the icon for the device is changed.

In the weathermap config you'd just define the two icons to use:
up_icon /cacti/plugins/weathermap/images/up/my_device_up.png
dn_icon /cacti/plugins/weathermap/images/dn/my_device_dn.png
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

knobdy wrote:You would have to have two links configured in order to figure out which side is down, since one link is just the in and out of one port/interface.

I don't know how this could be done "nicely", via just the weathermap interface, either. Perhaps it should just be semi-joined to Cacti's or thold's up/down check process and when they change the status of a device in the database from up to down or vice versa, the icon for the device is changed.

In the weathermap config you'd just define the two icons to use:
up_icon /cacti/plugins/weathermap/images/up/my_device_up.png
dn_icon /cacti/plugins/weathermap/images/dn/my_device_dn.png
See, I don't really care whether Cacti thinks my devices are down. If I wanted to see up/down info, I'd want it to come from my monitoring/alerting system (What's Up Gold, unfortunately, but Nagios or similar would be a similar situation). There are weathermap users without Cacti, too.

That would mean that the method for deciding how nodes look would have to be pretty clever, or make the user do more work. The most generic way would be to have some sort of 'plugin script' - weathermap runs yourscript.pl nodename, which then returns some sort of status code that is pre-agreed or defined in the config file. Maybe there would be some 'standard' scripts to handle Cacti and other common sources. I guess this is your 'semi-joined' really :-)
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

well, in some cases - like mine - you have nagios and cacti running... :)
shakey_1

Post by shakey_1 »

I am hoping that someone may be able to point me in the right direction on an error I receive when trying to use the web editor - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\wamp\www\cacti\plugins\weathermap\editor.php on line 857 (which by the way is "?>". I am kind of wondering if it isn't tied to my using WAMP instead of separate components (MySQL, PHP 5, Apache)? Everything else under Cacti runs fine, including the application itself and several plugins (Discover, Monitor, devices and THOLD). This is running on an XP system.

In all reality it probably isn't that big of a deal since I could configure it manually, I just like to figure out why something isn't working even when there is another way of doing it.
gundamx

Post by gundamx »

Howie wrote:
davs wrote:Hi Howie and Gundamx,

Which is wierd, because I've tested with MySQL 5.0.15-nt, 5.0.14, 4.1.12-Max , 4.0.13 and some others, on Windows, Linux and FreeBSD, and I can't make this fail the same way!

Gundamx, could you please use the 'mysql' command-line tool (mysql -u root -p cacti) to manually enter this query?

Code: Select all

insert into weathermap_maps (configfile,titlecache,active) VALUES ('minor.conf','(no title)','on');
and tell me what error you get (if you get one)?
sorry for respond rate
i have error ERROR 1364 (HY000): Field 'imagefile' doesn't have a default value

i will check in folder "weathermap/configs" it have in the folder