PHP Network Weathermap 0.8 (now 0.9)

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gundamx

Re: can't save output file

Post by gundamx »

Howie wrote:
gundamx wrote:
Howie wrote: Which version of Weathermap? This should be fixed in 0.81... :-?
I'm user Weathermap version 0.8
Please upgrade then. It's fixed in 0.81 :-)
I'm upgrade complete thank you... please explain how to run this map
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

gundamx wrote: I'm upgrade complete thank you... please explain how to run this map
Please read the manual I spent over a week of my spare time writing. ;-)

Anything not in the manual, please ask.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
gundamx

Post by gundamx »

Howie wrote:
gundamx wrote: I'm upgrade complete thank you... please explain how to run this map
Please read the manual I spent over a week of my spare time writing. ;-)

Anything not in the manual, please ask.
thank you for your support me i have one question i complete create filename.conf map but i can't save to png file or html file please help me
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

gundamx wrote: thank you for your support me i have one question i complete create filename.conf map but i can't save to png file or html file please help me
Check the permissions of the configs and output folders.

http://wotsit.thingy.com/haj/cacti/php- ... loneeditor
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
gundamx

Post by gundamx »

Howie wrote:
gundamx wrote: thank you for your support me i have one question i complete create filename.conf map but i can't save to png file or html file please help me
Check the permissions of the configs and output folders.

http://wotsit.thingy.com/haj/cacti/php- ... loneeditor
Yes... I have setup permissions but can't save to output folders
I use plugin on cacti
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

gundamx wrote: Yes... I have setup permissions but can't save to output folders
I use plugin on cacti
You don't save anything to the output folder. The plugin will do that when the poller process runs (every 5 minutes). It will take any maps you have added (Management..Weathermaps..Add), and produce three output files for each one.

If you have added a map and it doesn't do that, then have a look in the Cacti log file for lines starting with "WEATHERMAP:". There should be a useful error message in there if something is wrong.

If there is nothing at all, try disabling other plugins in your Cacti config.php and waiting for a poller-cycle. If an earlier plugin fails (especially Reports), then Weathermap doesn't run at all.

If there are no errors (only 'normal' messages), then try turning on Cacti DEBUG logging for one poller-cycle, and looking again. It should give you some clue.
gundamx

Post by gundamx »

I follow this instruction for your recomment but i have error. in cacti only plugin weathermap

04/21/2006 10:08:42 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "insert into weathermap_maps (configfile,titlecache,active) VALUES ('minor.conf','(no title)','on')"
04/21/2006 10:05:43 AM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Weathermap has left the building
04/21/2006 10:05:43 AM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Normal logging mode. If things are going wrong, turn on DEBUG in Cacti for more information!
04/21/2006 10:05:43 AM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Weathermap 0.81 in da house
04/21/2006 10:05:43 AM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:42.3024 Method:cmd.php Processes:1 Threads:N/A Hosts:17 HostsPerProcess:17 DataSources:196 RRDsProcessed:130
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

gundamx wrote:I follow this instruction for your recomment but i have error. in cacti only plugin weathermap

04/21/2006 10:08:42 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "insert into weathermap_maps (configfile,titlecache,active) VALUES ('minor.conf','(no title)','on')"
Its possible that your tables aren't auto-created. Have you checked to verify that the table weathermap_maps doesn't exist? Or if it does exist, can you post the contents?
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

You probably already noticed, this but incase you haven't. I found a very minor bug that causes a notice error when running the poller manually.

Notice: Use of undefined constant WEATHERMAP - assumed 'WEATHERMAP' in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/setup.php on line 273

The piece of code causing it is

Code: Select all

cacti_log("Normal logging mode. If things are going wrong, turn on DEBUG in Cacti for more information!", true, WEATHERMAP);
should be

cacti_log("Normal logging mode. If things are going wrong, turn on DEBUG in Cacti for more information!", true, "WEATHERMAP");
gundamx

Post by gundamx »

cigamit wrote:
gundamx wrote:I follow this instruction for your recomment but i have error. in cacti only plugin weathermap

Its possible that your tables aren't auto-created. Have you checked to verify that the table weathermap_maps doesn't exist? Or if it does exist, can you post the contents?
In data have table weathermap_maps
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

cigamit wrote:You probably already noticed, this but incase you haven't. I found a very minor bug that causes a notice error when running the poller manually.
Thanks! and how ironic it's in the very message about things going wrong :roll:
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

gundamx wrote:
cigamit wrote:

In data have table weathermap_maps
But you don't have any rows in that table, do you?

You are the third person to report this. I still don't understand what causes it, but I believe that changing MySQL version fixed it for at least one of the other people with 0.8. I deliberately changed this section of the code so it would log the error, hoping that it would make it obvious what was wrong, but I can't see it.

Could you try one thing, please?

Please change line 390 of weathermap-plugin-mgmt.php from

$SQL = "insert into weathermap_maps (configfile,titlecache,active) VALUES ('$file','$title','on')";
to

$SQL = "insert into weathermap_maps (configfile,titlecache,active) VALUES ('$file','$title','on');";
(that is - add the ; just before the final quote), and then retry adding a map and see if it appears in the Management list.

This error is something to do with some versions of MySQL being more fussy than others, and that's the only thing I can think of that might upset it. I haven't been able to recreate the error myself with MySQL 4.x or 5.x...
gundamx

Post by gundamx »

Howie wrote:
I use plugin on cacti
You don't save anything to the output folder. The plugin will do that when the poller process runs (every 5 minutes). It will take any maps you have added (Management..Weathermaps..Add), and produce three output files for each one.

If you have added a map and it doesn't do that, then have a look in the Cacti log file for lines starting with "WEATHERMAP:". There should be a useful error message in there if something is wrong.

If there is nothing at all, try disabling other plugins in your Cacti config.php and waiting for a poller-cycle. If an earlier plugin fails (especially Reports), then Weathermap doesn't run at all.

If there are no errors (only 'normal' messages), then try turning on Cacti DEBUG logging for one poller-cycle, and looking again. It should give you some clue.

Hi all
I have error in cacit log when i add map

gundamx

Post by gundamx »

Howie wrote:
I use plugin on cacti

Hi all
I have error in cacit log when i add map

qwertz
Cacti User

Post by qwertz »

HEllo,

Congratulation for this beautiful tool.

Is it possible to display data not related to traffic, for example, client wireless client associations?

see my previous post:

http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=

Thanks

Qwertz