Maximum runtime exceeded due to excessive SQL Assoc cmds

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

lorcs

Post by lorcs »

daemon wrote:
lorcs wrote: Hi,

I also have similar problem as the CACTID run time exceeding 292s. I see two poller processes are forked. However, with your method of adding additional statement in my.cnf, my problem still persists. Do you have any other things that also need to be done to get the problem fixed

Best Regards

Raymond Lo
I would turn on debug to see exactly what it is doing during that time. it could be any number of things not necessarily related to the SQL connections.
-brian
Can't see anything special to resolve this problem. The log seems to be normal but just too many sql assoc entry.

Raymond Lo
Attachments
cacti-log.txt
debug log
(86.96 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Brian,

Do you always run Cactid or cmd.php? Please advise. Also, what is your mix SNMP, Script Server, Scripts? How much horsepower on your server? If using Cactid, what are your threads, concurrent processes, oid's per get, and script server processes set at?

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
lorcs

Post by lorcs »

lorcs wrote:
daemon wrote:
lorcs wrote: Hi,

I also have similar problem as the CACTID run time exceeding 292s. I see two poller processes are forked. However, with your method of adding additional statement in my.cnf, my problem still persists. Do you have any other things that also need to be done to get the problem fixed

Best Regards

Raymond Lo
I would turn on debug to see exactly what it is doing during that time. it could be any number of things not necessarily related to the SQL connections.
-brian
Can't see anything special to resolve this problem. The log seems to be normal but just too many sql assoc entry.

Raymond Lo
In fact, I find the log a little bit strange somewhere : there are 4 poller processes separated into two pairs, one pair start 9 seconds earlier than the other pair. The former get 292s exceeding cactid time limit whereas the latter complete the job within 3 seconds. On the other hand, I used the root ID to run php poller.php in the command line, and the time of completion even is within 2 seconds without error.

04/11/2006 11:10:05 AM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:2.4395 Method:cactid Processes:1 Threads:20 Hosts:8 HostsPerProcess:8 DataSources:66 RRDsProcessed:15
04/11/2006 11:10:05 AM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:2.3404 Method:cactid Processes:1 Threads:20 Hosts:8 HostsPerProcess:8 DataSources:66 RRDsProcessed:28
04/11/2006 11:09:56 AM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:293.5042 Method:cactid Processes:1 Threads:20 Hosts:8 HostsPerProcess:8 DataSources:66 RRDsProcessed:28
04/11/2006 11:09:56 AM - POLLER: Poller[0] Maximum runtime of 292 seconds exceeded. Exiting.
04/11/2006 11:09:56 AM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:293.4285 Method:cactid Processes:1 Threads:20 Hosts:8 HostsPerProcess:8 DataSources:66 RRDsProcessed:15
04/11/2006 11:09:56 AM - POLLER: Poller[0] Maximum runtime of 292 seconds exceeded. Exiting.
torstentfk
Cacti User

Post by torstentfk »

Hi,

sorry for posting here, but I have a similar problem:
Cacti (cmd.php) sometimes runs perfect within 10 secs but unregular the time exceed 300 seconds.
This was found in the log several times:
--------
04/11/2006 11:12:33 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Assoc: "select poller_output.output, poller_output.time, poller_output.loca
l_data_id, poller_item.rrd_path, poller_item.rrd_name, poller_item.rrd_num from (poller_output,poller_item) where (poller_outpu
t.local_data_id=poller_item.local_data_id and poller_output.rrd_name=poller_item.rrd_name)"
04/11/2006 11:14:53 AM - POLLER: Poller[0] Maximum runtime of 292 seconds exceeded. Exiting.
04/11/2006 11:14:53 AM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:293.2535 Method:cmd.php Processes:5 Threads:N/A Hosts:131 HostsPerProcess:27 DataSources
:1215 RRDsProcessed:679
--------

Also found in the ps-table
[root]# ps -ef | grep php
apache 2286 1 0 11:10 ? 00:00:00 /soft/php/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/cmd.php 95 131
-------
This php processes are takeing memory until the swap space is full and the system gets into problems.

Running mysql 4, php 5,netsnmp 5, plugin arch

Torsten
redphive

Post by redphive »

I have just run into a similar problem and this is the solution.

I am running Gentoo AMD64, had recently recompiled/upgraded PHP to add GD support for Weathermap. Initially thought the poller.php tie-in to Weathermap was a problem. The SNMP libraries were rebuilt during the PHP upgrade and cactid needed recompiling.

Code: Select all

sausage cactid # ./cactid 
./cactid: error while loading shared libraries: libnetsnmp.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
A quick recompile of cactid and I was back in business

Hope this helps someone else.