network map

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

O ok. That is enough :)
lard
Cacti User

Post by lard »

Hi Howie,

I have installed a nice fresh version of Cacti and the weathermap plugin - but can't get the weathermaps to appear in the page - I choose my config file and hit add, but the weathermap doesn't appear in the list..I can create the weathermap manually via the command line but it doesn't seem to run from the cacti poller,

Have you come across this before?

Thanks,

Larry
---- lard007skype ----
lard
Cacti User

Post by lard »

Hi Howie,

I have installed a nice fresh version of Cacti and the weathermap plugin - but can't get the weathermaps to appear in the page - I choose my config file and hit add, but the weathermap doesn't appear in the list..I can create the weathermap manually via the command line but it doesn't seem to run from the cacti poller,

Have you come across this before?

Thanks,

Larry
---- lard007skype ----
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

lard wrote: Have you come across this before?
Yes, one other user seems to have the same thing. What versions of mysql, OS, php do you have? Is there anything 'funny' about your install? Is anything turning up in either the apache error log or cacti's log?
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
lard
Cacti User

Post by lard »

Hi,

Versions are:

PHP 5.1.2
Apache 2.0.55
MySQL 5.0.19
windows 2003

I had loads of problems getting the editor to work until I ran the go-pear.bat file (I'm not an expert!) but now that this is all working it's just the cacti interface,

No errors in the log:

04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Weathermap has left the building
04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Iterated all maps.
04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Iterating all maps.
04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Assoc: "select * from weathermap_maps where active='on'"
04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Engaging Weathermap DEBUG mode
04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Weathermap 0.8 in da house

Except that it doesn't say anything about running the weathermap against the config files and doesn't create the image (thought it does when running manually)

I have this working on another server and the chances are that Apache is a different version - do you think it worth rolling back apache?

Thanks,

Larry
---- lard007skype ----
lard
Cacti User

Post by lard »

lard wrote:Hi,

Versions are:

PHP 5.1.2
Apache 2.0.55
MySQL 5.0.19
windows 2003

I had loads of problems getting the editor to work until I ran the go-pear.bat file (I'm not an expert!) but now that this is all working it's just the cacti interface,

No errors in the log:

04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Weathermap has left the building
04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Iterated all maps.
04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Iterating all maps.
04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Assoc: "select * from weathermap_maps where active='on'"
04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Engaging Weathermap DEBUG mode
04/05/2006 02:34:06 PM - WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] Weathermap 0.8 in da house

Except that it doesn't say anything about running the weathermap against the config files and doesn't create the image (thought it does when running manually)

I have this working on another server and the chances are that Apache is a different version - do you think it worth rolling back apache?

Thanks,

Larry
o.k. - I have rolled back to apache 2.0.54 and PHP 5.0.14 and this hasn't made any different,

Last thing to do is roll back MySQL as the problem server is running 5 and the working one is running 4....

Will update shortly,

Thanks,

Larry
---- lard007skype ----
lard
Cacti User

Post by lard »

Hi Howie,

It's the version of MySQL - took out version 5.0 and installed 4.1.x and it is working fine now!

No doubt there's a readme somewhere explaining as much :oops:

Thanks & hope this helps others out!

Larry
---- lard007skype ----
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

lard wrote: No errors in the log:
How about Apache's error log? Actual PHP errors would end up in there.
lard wrote: I have this working on another server and the chances are that Apache is a different version - do you think it worth rolling back apache?
I run on Apache 2.0.55 on my windows box with no trouble. I would bet more on a different MySQL or php version although it works for me with 5.0.15 and with older 4.x versions, too.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
lard
Cacti User

Post by lard »

Howie wrote:
lard wrote: No errors in the log:
How about Apache's error log? Actual PHP errors would end up in there.
lard wrote: I have this working on another server and the chances are that Apache is a different version - do you think it worth rolling back apache?
I run on Apache 2.0.55 on my windows box with no trouble. I would bet more on a different MySQL or php version although it works for me with 5.0.15 and with older 4.x versions, too.
Hi,

The apache log didn't give any errors but the event viewer on windows had errors for apache and php_mysql.dll..

As above though - this is all working fine on version 4.1 of MySQL so it appears to be a problem with MySQL version 5 - glad it's fixed now and you were spot on with your idea that it was MySQL causing the problem...an insert statement into the database or such that it didn't like? Either way Cacti h with patches worked fine just not weathermap..

All sorted now though - thanks for the help,

Cheers,

Larry

p.s. Loving the bendy weathermap links now - having to go through and smarten up all my previous maps :)
---- lard007skype ----
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

lard wrote:The apache log didn't give any errors but the event viewer on windows had errors for apache and php_mysql.dll..

As above though - this is all working fine on version 4.1 of MySQL so it appears to be a problem with MySQL version 5 - glad it's fixed now and you were spot on with your idea that it was MySQL causing the problem...an insert statement into the database or such that it didn't like?
Would you mind fishing one out for me? I just want to crack it for anyone else...
lard wrote: p.s. Loving the bendy weathermap links now - having to go through and smarten up all my previous maps :)
Hehe. They're neat, aren't they? :D I'm pleased with the new version, aside from these few niggles.
lard
Cacti User

Post by lard »

No probs - the eventlog messages are as below:

Critical Event's:

Number 1:

------------------
Faulting application Apache.exe, version 2.0.55.0, faulting module php_mysql.dll, version 5.0.4.4, fault address 0x000011e7.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
------------------

Number 2:

------------------
Faulting application Apache.exe, version 2.0.55.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, fault address 0x000086f7.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
------------------

Informational Event:

------------------
Reporting queued error: faulting application Apache.exe, version 2.0.55.0, faulting module php_mysql.dll, version 5.0.4.4, fault address 0x000011e7.

-------------------

Any more info needed then let me know,

Thanks,

Larry
---- lard007skype ----
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

lard wrote:No probs - the eventlog messages are as below:

Larry
Just for the record, this problem (maps not being added in the management screen) is solved now, and a fix will be in 0.82. Thanks to lard, gundamx for their help with this problem!
benzopila

Post by benzopila »

Hello!

I have installed cacti 0.8.6h, weathermap plugin 0.82 for cacti.
Some conf files are at weater/configs/ dir.
But there is no created maps at Weathermap tab.
Cacti says "This map hasn't been created yet."
Debug mode is ON, and there is no any error message in log.
Why?

Thanks.
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

benzopila wrote:Hello!

I have installed cacti 0.8.6h, weathermap plugin 0.82 for cacti.
Some conf files are at weater/configs/ dir.
But there is no created maps at Weathermap tab.
Cacti says "This map hasn't been created yet."
Debug mode is ON, and there is no any error message in log.
Why?

Thanks.
Are there ANY messages in the log?
benzopila

Post by benzopila »

Howie wrote: Are there ANY messages in the log?
08/03/2006 04:28:57 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Row: "select type,value from cdef_items where id=12"

08/03/2006 04:28:57 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Row: "select type,value from cdef_items where id=11"

08/03/2006 04:28:57 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Assoc: "select * from cdef_items where cdef_id=3 order by sequence"
08/03/2006 04:28:57 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Row: "select type,value from cdef_items where id=10"

08/03/2006 04:28:57 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Row: "select type,value from cdef_items where id=12"

08/03/2006 04:28:57 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Row: "select type,value from cdef_items where id=11"
just only like this

-----------------------------

I've found mistake - there was no permissions at /weathermap/output :oops:
now it's working :)
Last edited by benzopila on Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.