Cisco CSS SNMP rosetta stone

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ScOp3
Cacti User

Post by ScOp3 »

Any update on a template for the content switches?
Tried to query some Mibs/Instances and was only partial successful getting some useful information.

Anybody in here working on a template aimed at. Hits, load, summary etc of. content rules (owner)?
tcyee

any updates?

Post by tcyee »

Any updates on this topic?
egironda

Post by egironda »

Here are the ones I'm using. I cobbled these together from both posts on the forums here, and my own investigations... I can't remember what thread I found the ones that set me on the right track in - but, props to them.
Attachments
css.zip
(12.95 KiB) Downloaded 1098 times
ScOp3
Cacti User

Post by ScOp3 »

egironda wrote:Here are the ones I'm using. I cobbled these together from both posts on the forums here, and my own investigations... I can't remember what thread I found the ones that set me on the right track in - but, props to them.
Could you upload it as a "host template" please. Will be much easier to check out.

Edit: And in which version did you create the template? Im still using 0.8.6g and i hope i can skip updating cacti first.
fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and dancing leads to sex!
egironda

Post by egironda »

Hey I just saw this. I don't have time right now but I'll get back to this tomorrow.

These are under 0.8.6h, but I think they should work under 0.8.6g...
egironda

Post by egironda »

Here ya go... warning that of course this includes dependancies, so it may clobber anything of your own. I don't have any custom rrds, but you may want to back things up regardless before import.
Attachments
cacti_host_template_css.xml
host template for css
(51.26 KiB) Downloaded 1248 times
ScOp3
Cacti User

Post by ScOp3 »

Thanks for the host template unfortunatly i have to upgrade to 0.8.6h because i get the famous "Hash version does not exist" error.
richrumble

Data-Templates

Post by richrumble »

I've been out of the loop for a while, so I'm sure I missed something. For me there is still a lot of manual work to be done when the graphs are created. I've got an XML file that allows cacti to gather things like CPU, Mem used/free, NIC stats... however since the naming convention for the OID's forces me to translate the
101.120.97.109.112.108.101.10.115.101.114.118.105.99.101.49.48.49 into
example-service101 in my graphs names
I've got hudreds of rules/services/owners... and redundant ccs's I've not found a way to use the perl scripts on the previous page to help automate...

What I think I'll focus on is a script that parses a saved running-config and creates the graph/host template.... I dunno yet
-rich
-rich
ScOp3
Cacti User

Post by ScOp3 »

egironda wrote:Here ya go... warning that of course this includes dependancies, so it may clobber anything of your own. I don't have any custom rrds, but you may want to back things up regardless before import.
Finally been able to upgrade my cacti to the latest version and been also able to test you're template a bit. Still having some issues getting it running.

I am missing some referenced data querys. What i have been able to reconstruct from you're first template posting was okay except "css-status.xml" and "css-conns" is missing.

It would also be nice to update the path associated in the data query from absolut to "<path_cacti>/resource/snmp_queries/".

Thanks in advance...
evilzardoz
Cacti User

Re: Data-Templates

Post by evilzardoz »

richrumble wrote: What I think I'll focus on is a script that parses a saved running-config and creates the graph/host template.... I dunno yet
-rich
Hi,

we're using the Cisco CSMs in our 6500s which basically do the same thing. We're doing just that to keep our MRTG/RRD page current-ish however I've just been given the task of getting CSM stuff in cacti. Someone else wrote the scripts and I'm not much of a coder. Eep!

Just letting you know that your idea is probably going to produce good results :)
evilzardoz
Cacti User

Post by evilzardoz »

egironda wrote:Here are the ones I'm using. I cobbled these together from both posts on the forums here, and my own investigations... I can't remember what thread I found the ones that set me on the right track in - but, props to them.
Hi,

This looks great.. but I can't work out how to get this stuff going. I've added these to resource/snmp_queries and I've tried to import the host template but it tells me:

Error: XML: Hash version does not exist.

Am I doing things in the wrong way?
ScOp3
Cacti User

Post by ScOp3 »

evilzardoz wrote: Error: XML: Hash version does not exist.
You are probably using an older version then 0.8.6h which results in this error message. You have to upgrade you're cacti for it to work. Unfortunatly the template ist not complete so far. Some dependcies are missing IMHO and am still waiting for an answer from the author.
richrumble

Script correction

Post by richrumble »

paulvx http://forums.cacti.net/about5114.html#28044 posted that script. The only issue with it is that in asciii, the codes "9" and "10" in ascii are Horizontal Tab and Line feed respectively. There may be other ascii codes that throw out errors for most... so a corrected script that ignores any ascii codes 0-31

See attached, the useage is the same as before, echo or cat the values through the script.

10.110.101.119.45.115.99.114.105.112.116.13.102.111.114.45.97.108.108.45.50.45.116.114.121

I am still working on the templating ideas for cacti.
Attachments
Ascii2txt.pl.txt
./Ascii2txt.pl &lt;file1.txt
or
echo 9.116.101.115.116.105.110.103.49.50.9.116.101.115.116.105.110.103.49.50 | ./Ascii2txt.pl
(152 Bytes) Downloaded 622 times
-rich
opiespank

Post by opiespank »

Is this template working for CSS load balancing switches?? I am getting the following error and not sure if it is the template or not.

+ Running data query [13].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ Could not find data query XML file at '/var/www/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/css-conns.xml'
+ Error parsing XML file into an array.
+ Could not find data query XML file at '/var/www/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/css-conns.xml'

--Keith
jmadrid2

CSS Template Missing XML Files

Post by jmadrid2 »

The css.zip file posted is missing two files, css-status.xml and css-conns.xml. Can anyone post these files if they have them? The rest of the scripts work correctly for me, but these are missing. The files that were included are css.xml, css-svc.xml, and css-trfc.xml but the other two are missing.