No Data in graphs with SNMP

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

RussB

No Data in graphs with SNMP

Post by RussB »

I am using the latest version of Cacti/RDD 1.0.42/php 4.3/mysql 4.1.0/net-nmp-5.0.8 on Mandrake 9.1.
I am trying to graph free space on C: on NT4 Server, I have setup the data-source etc and have the correct OID. When cmd.php runs the correct counter value is returned. The graph is created and updated in /rra but no data is shown on the graph. I have looked at various graphing settings but cannot see any obvious problems.

Any help on what is a terrific piece of software would be appreciated.

Regards

Russ
maenu

permissions

Post by maenu »

Hi RussB

do you have the problem only with this specific data source or with all of them?

did you check the permissions of the /rrd folder ?
I had some problems with the file-permissions after the installation but after I changed it, it works like a dream..

C'ya
RussB

More information

Post by RussB »

Thanks for the reply. I think the permissions on /rra are correct as I have graphs being created and populated based on the local Linux server. The problem, it appears to be SNMP specific.
RussB

The 'solution'

Post by RussB »

..Why is it that you search for the answer for days - finally ask for help and then find the solution yourselves !

However - I tried to setup monitoring on another NT4 Server (I should have done this before I know) and hey presto graphs are fine and showing the correct data. Although I had previously removed the graphs from the /rra directory for the offending server and cleared the cache I had not removed the polling host itself. One of all of these actions seemed to have achieved the fix.

Regards Russ