HP Printers

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ottomatic

HP Printers

Post by ottomatic »

I know this kind of topic gets mentioned alot, but this is something that is driving me crazy.

I can get any page count on any HP printer. But for the life of me I can not get the toner usage. I've looked at every OID on the internet. Here's the OID's that I have checked....

BLACK CURRENT: .1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.1
BLACK MAX: .1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.8.1.1
CYAN CURRENT: .1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.2
MAGENTA CURRENT: .1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.3
YELLOW CURRENT: .1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.4

I find these numbers all over the internet but none of them work.

The printers that I am trying to graph are the HP LaserJet 4000 and 5100. The the HP Color LaserJet 5500.

Can someone please tell me where I can find the good OID's or if they don't exist.
NHDave
Cacti User

Re: HP Printers

Post by NHDave »

ottomatic wrote:I know this kind of topic gets mentioned alot, but this is something that is driving me crazy.

I can get any page count on any HP printer. But for the life of me I can not get the toner usage. I've looked at every OID on the internet. Here's the OID's that I have checked....
I use the ones here for a number of HP printers:
http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
ottomatic

Post by ottomatic »

That's the script I am using for the page counters and that works fine.

So today I sucked it up and called HP's JetDirect support and they gave me a website. http://new.hpdevelopersolutions.com/spp ... nload.aspx

Switch the drop down to "Laserjet and Digital Sender." Then expand "Printer Management" > then "Printer Specific MIBs"

Then I went and grabbed this freeware program to browse through the MIB that I downloaded from the address above. This program gives you the OID. Download here

I guess they don't have the OID's for my printers yet. :(
bio777

Post by bio777 »

well... do you have internal jetdirect cards (the 4000N or 5100N) or do you have external jetdirect boxes on those printers (4000 or 5100) ?

if external you can forget about toner levels because they are set to 0 !!

regards
bio..
hnlk

Post by hnlk »

I have the same problem with Dell printers. There's no OID available on the net. However, the web interface shows the toner and maintenance kit levels. So I wrote a PHP script that gathers the toner/maintenance kit levels from the web interface and put it inside a Data Input Method.

I don't know if your printers' jetdirects use simple HTML or are JAVA based. If it's simple HTML, then it shouldn't be too difficult to generate the php script.
jwashburn

Post by jwashburn »

hnlk wrote:I have the same problem with Dell printers. There's no OID available on the net. However, the web interface shows the toner and maintenance kit levels. So I wrote a PHP script that gathers the toner/maintenance kit levels from the web interface and put it inside a Data Input Method.

I don't know if your printers' jetdirects use simple HTML or are JAVA based. If it's simple HTML, then it shouldn't be too difficult to generate the php script.
If you wouldnt mind would you share your PHP script to grab that information