network map

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

yanhannet wrote:file: No such file or directory in /soft/back/cacti/php-weathermap-0.71/Weathermap.class.php on line 16
Interesting. Well, if you are sure it's all in there, then feel free to change line 10 of weathermap to read

Code: Select all

# module_checks()
:-)

Is there anything special about your installation? What OS, PHP version etc?

Also, be careful that your command-line PHP has the same features as your mod_php. Check that php -i gives the same kind of results as phpinfo() in a web page does. I've been bitten this way myself.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
yanhannet

Post by yanhannet »

php 5.1.2 rh as3
use php -i
i can't find the same kind of results as phpinfo() in a web page does

but others software need GD can run
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

yanhannet wrote:php 5.1.2 rh as3
use php -i
i can't find the same kind of results as phpinfo() in a web page does

but others software need GD can run
Does the other software run from the command line or from your webserver?

Those are two different executables (php and mod_php).

I had this problem, and resolved it by rebuilding php from source. I don't think I acctually needed to do that, bbut I don't know what the easy solution is. It's not a weathermap-specific problem though, so maybe a forum like phpbuilder would have some info.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
flavour

Re: link aggregate

Post by flavour »

Howie wrote:
cl wrote:Hi all,

Is it possible to show the aggregate utilisation from two RRDs on one link on the map? I have multiple links at each sites, but only want to show total usage for each site.

If it's not possible from weathermap, is there a way to have one RRD with aggregated usage from multiple devices in cacti, so that weathermap can use it? (I am not looking for an aggregate usage cacti graph)
The only way I can think of to create an RRD to do it would be with a bit of perl or awk, and rrd export and import. Export both RRDs, then add together the values from each XML or text file and create a composite that way. All of the compositing in rrd graphing is done on the fly, using CDEFs, so it doesn't help.

I have a similar issue where I want to count "errors" in a generic way, but for an ethernet switch port, there are actually a dozen different SNMP error counters (IP layer error, CRC error, collision, overrun etc). I don't want all those (mostly zero) graphs for each switch port :-)

It wouldn't be too hard to add this ability to weathermap, but it might mean implementing some kind of expression language for the TARGET lines. If it were only simple addition, and the same targets for both in and out sides, then this could just be a list of RRDs in the same format as the current ones. Is that enough?
That would be just *great* - much nicer than using the dummy intermediate node approach...
One other question though... where would the one arrow go to? I guess all the links from site A aren't to site B. Or do you just want to show arrows into something like an ATM or Frame Relay 'cloud', with the local bearer usage?
In my case they do go between the same Nodes - have Nortel Passport switches with an IST (InterSystemTrunk) between the Cores & Split-MLT to the Edge switches.

F
flavour

Post by flavour »

For my IST, I did a neat trick...inspired by the dummy nodes:
I have 3 NODEs for each Core
1 has a LABEL, the other 2 are blank & located 10 pixels up/down from the LABELed one
The Links go between the unlabelled ones, but appear to go between the Labels :)

This way I can also see the balancing across the 2x IST links although when it gets to 4 then it would be nice to have the option of summing them as well...particularly for the top-level view before drilling-down...

F
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: link aggregate

Post by Howie »

flavour wrote:That would be just *great* - much nicer than using the dummy intermediate node approach...

In my case they do go between the same Nodes - have Nortel Passport switches with an IST (InterSystemTrunk) between the Cores & Split-MLT to the Edge switches.
The current 0.8 beta has aggregate TARGETs, and also a couple of other ways to show parallel links (see my icon), if you wanted to show them seperately. Lots of other nice things too (sample image). Final version should be within a week or so.
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

I have to ask a question at this point.
I install my php from rpm. So I cannot use --with-gd paramaeters.
Thus, how can I install-add- php-gd module in my php?
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

TFC wrote:I have to ask a question at this point.
I install my php from rpm. So I cannot use --with-gd paramaeters.
Thus, how can I install-add- php-gd module in my php?
Depending on your OS, there may be a seperate php-gd RPM. Seems to be that way for at least Mandrake and Redhat, from looking at rpmfind. My test cacti at home is on Fedora 4, and that came with php-gd, I think.

so in that case:

Code: Select all

yum install php-gd
(or)    apt-get install php-gd
should do it, if you have either YUM or APT installed.
dave99

Post by dave99 »

I had this same problem. Removing the following from the SQL_picklist query in the cacti-pick.php fixed the problem, and seems to work fine for selecting the RRD's.
delete:
'left join data_template on data_local.data_template_id=data_template.id'

dave
Steve Ollis wrote:Hi,

I'm playing with the editor for weathermap..

I've added a couple of nodes, and I've added a link .. When I try to select an RRA I get the following message in a popup box.

Query failed: Unknown column 'data_local.data_template_id' in 'on clause'

I checked the editor-config.php, and it looks to be correct.

Steve
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

When you publish version 0.8
I decide to install weathermap but 0.8 seems more useful
If it comes soon i cant wait....
mgb
Cacti User

Post by mgb »

@ howie

have you seen this one

http://mila-ajax-map.sourceforge.net/demo.html

Although in the demo the add does not work it should be possible to make a great weathermap out of this.
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

mgb wrote:@ howie

have you seen this one

http://mila-ajax-map.sourceforge.net/demo.html

Although in the demo the add does not work it should be possible to make a great weathermap out of this.
I don't understand what it does. There's no info on the webste at all! :-) Is it a map editor, or a monitoring program or something else? What I can see in the demo is a nice background image, and a network map with single-pixel links. You still need to type in coordinates for the nodes... is there something I'm missing here?
mgb
Cacti User

Post by mgb »

Ive installed the little app. Couldn't find any more info regarding the program than you did.
I like the way ti place nodes on the map. You can just drag and drop them. I agree that it's no weathermap whatsoever. It looks actually more like some sort of monitoring. The icon's change color when they can't be rached (ping). A bit what whatsup gold does. Hard to find out though because the documentation is non existent.

It's also based on Ruby :o which seems to be based on java. Actually it's a funny combination of Java(Ruby) and javascript(ajax).

I tried Ajax myself and it looks like it could make weathermap into an even greater killerapp that it is now. Thats why the link.

Rereading this message it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense :oops:
But anyhow, it was just a thought. I'm trying to create a little app on my own with some ajax tree but have a little problem linking the tree to the database.

Is 0.8 coming out. I have to confess that I'm still making the weathermaps by hand except for the connection with cacti part.
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

mgb wrote:Is 0.8 coming out. I have to confess that I'm still making the weathermaps by hand except for the connection with cacti part.
I've been using the editor a fair bit lately, and I find it's pretty useful.

I'm just about to start re-writing the manual for 0.8, since there are quite a lot of changes. All the code is done now. It includes a cacti plugin to view maps within Cacti, and allow access-control per-user, proper curved links, aggregated links, truetype fonts, and more colour customisation. There are only a few bugfix changes to the editor for 0.8 though. It doesn't allow editing of most of the new features, although it doesn't break them either.

Generally, I use the editor to lay out the map, and 'connect' the TARGETs, and then tweak the config by hand afterwards.

Now that there are only a few new features on my todo list for 0.9, I'm planning on putting in some more work on the editor. Some more AJAX-ish features are very likely.
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

WOW - I had no idea how far you had come with this! I can definately start using it now...well, as soon as 0.8 is released. Do you have a ETA for it yet?