network map

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

Firstly - I'm biased, but I don't think I'm inaccurate here... I'm sure Alex will make corrections.
knobdy wrote:Okay, so which should I use?

Are they both plugins?
Neither are.
knobdy wrote:
Can both handle background images (I like the french example on weathermap4rrd site)?

Can you configure the arrows to be off different sizes/styles (weathermap4rrd arrows look cleaner, more professional - from what I've seen in examples anyway)?

Both look impressive.
Yes, yes and yes. ;-)

I think wm4rrd has slightly more configurable arrows, but phpwm has a slightly nicer editor, and maybe more Cacti integration. Both are under continuous improvement though.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
kurfuer

Post by kurfuer »

Hi Howie,
thanks for this information! I didn't find the imageuri command line parameters documented anywhere, I am sure I just didn't read too intensely. It would be really nice if you could point out where I can find this! (the config-parameter: I was too blind - RTFM ;-) )
Thanks again for this great software!
Sebastian
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

Howie,

I downloaded your tool and it looks pretty good. Just one question: any plans for more intensive integration with Cacti?

For myself, it would be awesome to have a tab in Cacti that would take me to a maps page, which could then have a tree (or some type of selection mechanism) in that tab to select maps.

Just a thought...and of course I have no idea how much work all of that magic would take.
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

Howie - I'm running php5 and the weathermap script doesn't appear to like the location of getopt.php (and I wouldn't either, not knowing where it is). I get:

Code: Select all

usr/share/cacti/addons/phpweathermap # ./weathermap
PHP Warning:  main(Console/Getopt.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/cacti/addons/phpweathermap/weathermap on line 7
PHP Fatal error:  main() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'Console/Getopt.php' (include_path='/usr/share/php5') in /usr/share/cacti/addons/phpweathermap/weathermap on line 7
Content-type: text/html
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.0.4
Thoughts?
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

knobdy wrote:Howie - I'm running php5 and the weathermap script doesn't appear to like the location of getopt.php (and I wouldn't either, not knowing where it is). I get:

<snip>

Thoughts?
As far as I know, it's a standard part of PEAR - the PHP module library. You could try 'pear install Console_getopt', but it sounds like you somehow don't have PHP installed quite right. http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.getting.php explains how to install PEAR, which should solve your problem (I hope!).
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

Howie wrote:As far as I know, it's a standard part of PEAR - the PHP module library. You could try 'pear install Console_getopt', but it sounds like you somehow don't have PHP installed quite right. http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.getting.php explains how to install PEAR, which should solve your problem (I hope!).
Well, I had just finished installing PEAR (bear in mind that PHP and PEAR were installed via Yast in SuSE). I think I have the issue corrected but I had to add the full path to all of the PHP scripts.... :cry: Perhaps I should figure out how to properly set the path(s) for php?

I have been able to get to the editor...so I'll be playing with it today. Is there any way to get to this page - as well as the resulting map - through a link in Cacti or something?
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

knobdy wrote:I have been able to get to the editor...so I'll be playing with it today. Is there any way to get to this page - as well as the resulting map - through a link in Cacti or something?
Not at the moment... I did start looking at cigamit's plugin architecture last night though. Maybe something can be done for the next release.
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

THAT would be excellent - having it as a plugin I mean!!
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Editor bugfixes - 0.71 release

Post by Howie »

There's a new release of PHP Weathermap available at the URL in my sig. This is a bugfix release only. If you don't use the editor then you don't need it - it's just a few fixes to make the editor more usable for more people.
Steve Ollis

Post by Steve Ollis »

Hi,

I'm playing with the editor for weathermap..

I've added a couple of nodes, and I've added a link .. When I try to select an RRA I get the following message in a popup box.

Query failed: Unknown column 'data_local.data_template_id' in 'on clause'

I checked the editor-config.php, and it looks to be correct.

Steve
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

Steve Ollis wrote: I've added a couple of nodes, and I've added a link .. When I try to select an RRA I get the following message in a popup box.

Query failed: Unknown column 'data_local.data_template_id' in 'on clause'
What is the version of Cacti, PHP, OS etc? Do you have any special patches or plugins installed? It sounds like your database has a different schema somehow...
egarnel
Cacti Pro User

Post by egarnel »

Maybe this has been asked before, but is there a way to make multiple weathermaps that are drillable from a top page?

Say for example, I want the top map to be my core, the second layer to be distribution and following layyers for access, wireless, etc.
Cacti1 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
Cacti2 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
King of the Elves
Local Anarchists Union #427
"Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others." -Edward Abbey
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

egarnel wrote:Maybe this has been asked before, but is there a way to make multiple weathermaps that are drillable from a top page?

Say for example, I want the top map to be my core, the second layer to be distribution and following layyers for access, wireless, etc.
The way I do it is to have an INFOURL line in one map that links to the second one. You can either use an existing node (say you have one called transit which is all your transit routers), or just have a NODE with no links that go to it. The HTML imagemap will still be generated correctly. You can even use an ICON for that node, and have anything you want as the image for the hotlink (e.g. your supplier's logo or whatever).

You can use the same idea to embed any image into your map, including dynamic ones - I have a map with an rrdtool graph in it that is created statically elsewhere, for example.

Code: Select all

# non-network node, to produce a link to another map.
NODE link2transit
   POSITION 40 10
   LABEL Transit Network
   INFOURL transitmap.html
egarnel
Cacti Pro User

Post by egarnel »

thanks. I'll give it a try
Cacti1 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
Cacti2 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
King of the Elves
Local Anarchists Union #427
"Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others." -Edward Abbey
yanhannet

Post by yanhannet »

this is my php test page:
gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

but i get an error :
# ./weathermap

Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library './gd.so' - ./gd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in /soft/back/cacti/php-weathermap-0.71/Weathermap.class.php on line 16

Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library './gd.dll' - ./gd.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in /soft/back/cacti/php-weathermap-0.71/Weathermap.class.php on line 16

No image (gd) extension was found, or could be loaded. This is required by weathermap.

why ?? need your help .thanks