Cisco CBWFQ monitoring

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Morgan
Cacti User

Post by Morgan »

ok i have the same problem as everyone here, basically it all looks good, except the rrd's aren't being generated.

cactid output:
[root@cacti bin]# ./cactid | grep /usr/local/cacti-0.8.6h/scripts/cbwfq.pl

the query isn't being launched by cacti at all.

i'll continue looking for the problem and update here if i find anything.
anyone also working on this plz IM me details in profile.
thx
Morgan
Cacti User

Post by Morgan »

script works from CLI.
data query associated with device in cacti works:

Code: Select all

1) Cisco CBQ Class-Map  (Verbose Query)  Uptime Goes Backwards  Success [24 Items, 24 Rows]  
creation of graphs ( in the creaate graph for device interface) works, the graph's are correctly associated with the device.

graphs however are created using title: --title="My router name - Bytes - |query_class|"

query_class does not return a known value of any kind apparently.
the poller is also not calling the script to poll data.

SCRIPT: perl /usr/local/cacti-0.8.6h/scripts/loadavg_multi.pl, output: 1min:0.04 5min:0.30 10min:0.21
CACTID: Host[1] SCRIPT: perl /usr/local/cacti-0.8.6h/scripts/unix_processes.pl, output: 78
this is an example of other scripts being called, the cbwfq.pl one isn't being called at all.

i don't see where the problem is to be quite honest. it all seems to be working, but one of the templates must have a mistake somewhere. i've tried comparing to other working templates, but i just can't see the problems.
i've chmoded all the files involved in this to 777 to make sure permissions weren't the problem.

so in summary, templates import, associated data query with device works, graph cration works, rrd's are not being created, and that's most probably because it's not being called by cactid.

any ideas?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Morgan,

In the latest version of Cactid (0.8.6g), you must specify the full binary path to perl in your data input method and then clear your poller cache.

In addition, I would suggest that you checkout the latest SVN of BRANCH_0_8_6 Cactid. There were a number of little gotcha's that occured in Cactid 0.8.6g that are now resolved in the pending release.

Larry
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Morgan
Cacti User

Post by Morgan »

for those who are interested, i've managed to get one step furhter using the moonman's package of 3 files ( script, + xml + template)

i managed to get the rrd's tocreate after creating a data input method, but they just won't update.
i'm stuck trying to get the index value from the data query to be sent to the data input method, and i don't get how to do it.

<path_cacti>/scripts/cbwfq.pl <ip> <community> get bytes <index>

Input Fields Add  

Name  Field Order  Friendly Name  
ip  1  IP of Host    
community  2  Community String    
index  3  QoS class index    

Output Fields Add  

Name  Field Order  Friendly Name  Update RRA  
bytes  0 (Not In Use)  Bytes output from QoS class  Selected  

feel free to try to get it working, but i'm stomped and this crap's giving me a headache!
adam-trd

Post by adam-trd »

any updates on this?

i'd love to see it working.

cheers

adam.
Viggy

CBWFQ

Post by Viggy »

I ported my scripts from Windows to Linux and still have the same issue.

The scripts work on small routers with limited interfaces - 2600/3600 2800/3800

On large routers 7200. It generates the |query_class| error when trying to create the graph.

I compared snmpwalks and command line execution outputs of 2800 vs 7200s. In both cases the commands appear to work.

I am stumped why this doesn't work within cacti
Ciscocow

Post by Ciscocow »

I have the graphs being created, but they have nan for data, i am thinking i do not have the data input meths correct, i am using moonmans scripts. I dont suppose anyone has a worrking input method they could show me so that i can get this working.

thanks in advance

just shoot me off a message and i can supply an email address to talk offline.
chadd
Cacti User

Post by chadd »

I am having the same problem. Everything seems to be working, but no rrds are created. It is my understanding that if you have a data query, you don't need a Data Input Method. I am still working on this, but if anyone has any suggestions, I am open to them.
chadd
Cacti User

Re: CBWFQ

Post by chadd »

Viggy wrote:I ported my scripts from Windows to Linux and still have the same issue.

The scripts work on small routers with limited interfaces - 2600/3600 2800/3800

On large routers 7200. It generates the |query_class| error when trying to create the graph.

I compared snmpwalks and command line execution outputs of 2800 vs 7200s. In both cases the commands appear to work.

I am stumped why this doesn't work within cacti
When you say the, "scripts work" - do you get rrd files that get updated, or just that they create data sources, or what?

If you do get rrds and graphs that work "on smaller routers", what exact did you do to get this working?
chadd
Cacti User

Post by chadd »

Can someone post a working Data Input Method for this, or spell out what goes into a working one?
chadd
Cacti User

Post by chadd »

I found a working version of this:

http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=62484#62484

This worked for me. I just followed the instructions in the README file and it worked first time.
Viggy

Graphs small routers vs big routers

Post by Viggy »

I have it working as in - it works

All RRDs generate, all graphs have correct and appropriate data.

The scripts - templates work 100% on small routers, 1-2 interfaces, with 1-2 policy maps, with multiple class maps.

Applying the the same script to a 7200 series router and the RRD/graph creation in cacti fails.

The SNMP walks of the OIDs against a 7200 work.

Running the Raw Perl Script against the 7200 works.

Comparing the raw output of the OIDs/scripts of the 2800 to a 7200 and they appear consistent.

There are no glaring errors
GreenSkol

Post by GreenSkol »

Hi all,

Here's my experience with this scripts, as I'm not the only one to have a few problems. I use cacti 0.8.6g.

pwozney scripts

I had no problem with these scripts, and tried them on all kind of routers (2600, 2800, 3600, 3745, 7200).

The only thing that didn't work : If you can't get class-maps, just check on Cisco site that the CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB is supported on your IOS version (For example, I discovered it's unsupported on 3640 routers with Telco IOS).

moonman scripts

It still doesn't work, but it will ! Here is what I found :

1) unsupported 64-bit counter

A difference with pwozney scripts, is that it polls a 64bit counter, that seems to be unsupported on many routers...

You just have to change an OID in the cbwfq.pl script

#my $bytes_oid = "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166.1.15.1.1.10";     # 64bit counter
my $bytes_oid = "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166.1.15.1.1.9";       # 32bit
2) |query_class| problem

I'm currently having the same problem as many : Data Query works fine, but graphs aren't created correctly.

To find the bug, I installed pwozney files and just replaced the perl script by moonman's one :
- with pwozney's : everything is ok.
- with moonman's : query_class problem.

=> The only differences : index format (nnn vs nnn.nnn) and class field (short one vs long one with : and . chars)

Output from moonman's (2821 router, policy applied on 802.1q interface):

1063.1065:CLASS1-POLICY1-FastEthernet0/0.5-802.1Q
1063.1071:class-default-POLICY1-FastEthernet0/0.5-802.1Q
against output from pwozney's (same router):

1029:CLASS1
1025:class-default

But on an older 2610 router (policy applied on Serial interface, moonman's script works !

1053.1055:CLASS1-POLICY1-Serial0/0
1053.1067:class-default-POLICY1-Serial0/0

There must be a serious bug in cacti that can't find back data stored in it's cache! The php code for graph creation is too much of a mess to solve this problem this afternoon :-(

I'll try to upgrade to 0.8.6h to see if it solves anything...

GreenSkol.
JJX
Cacti User

Post by JJX »

The scripts arent working with snmp v3 :(
atm i am modifying them, i will post the new version soon.

If anyone succed with snmp v3 is welcome to post how ;)

thx
cacti rulez!
moonman
Cacti User

the bug

Post by moonman »

I hope I found why some of you have problems when tryning to create graphs

see if you have the same policy-map on the input and the output of the interface

the script does not add the policy direction and it cause problems

may be I will add it in the future