User Management Problems...

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Everyday

User Management Problems...

Post by Everyday »

Maybe I'm missing something here but I can't get graphs to show for users other than admin users. We're attempting to setup a login for each of our customers to let them see their graphs.

we create the user, give them view graph in realm permissions, graph permssions by graph we assign their switch port graph and allow. when they log in they just get a blank screen where the graph should be.

is there another setting i need to select in order for the graph to display?

Thanks
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Well, kinda.

You best bet is to look at the Preview and List views when setting up permissions like that.

I would suggest creating a tree for each customer and giving them permissions to see that tree. Mind you, you still need graph permissions, otherwise, they can see other customers graphs.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

rony wrote:I would suggest creating a tree for each customer and giving them permissions to see that tree. Mind you, you still need graph permissions, otherwise, they can see other customers graphs.
Rony, I too came across this issue, and was researching to see if it was a bug or designed. It seems it was designed.

I read in the Road Map, that user groups & improved user permissions will be in 0.9, that's good news.

The groups will solve my problem of defining multiple users for one customer. Hopefully I can just define their layout and permissions in the group and make them members.
On the permissions side of things, I'd like to see the ability to inherit permissions from the tree. All the way from an admin adding a host to the tree, should automatically mean the user can see all the graphs from that new host. Currently I have to add the new hosts and graphs to the user (soon to be group).

Currently, assigning permissions to the hosts and graphs is extreemly tedious you cant' multi select, so you have to add them one at a time.

Hopefully the permissons and users gets a good reworking for 0.9.

Thanks, Fishy