Nokia IP Firewall Checkpoint Template

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

nickman

Post by nickman »

I keep getting Error: XML parse error.
when trying to import this template ?
sorry im new to this any ideas?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

What exactly were you doing when this error occured? Perhaps a screenshot or an output listing will help
Reinhard
nickman

Post by nickman »

cacti version 0.86f

cacti server is running ubuntu 2.6.12-9-686

Mysql 4.024-10

PHP version 5.0.5-2

rrdtool 5.0.5-2

When trying to import the XML file using "import from a file"
this is the error message I get (see attachment)
would really like to get this going as we have quite a few nokia HW fiewalls here
thank you
Attachments
cacti error.JPG
cacti error.JPG (36.09 KiB) Viewed 10576 times
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

nickman wrote:cacti version 0.86f
Hi

Code: Select all

Template export from cacti0.8.6g
You need Cacti >= 0.8.6g to import this template.
[size=84]
[color=green]HOWTOs[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15353]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Unix[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26151]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Windows[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28175]Graph multiple servers using an SNMP proxy[/url][/list]
[color=green]Templates[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15412]Multiple CPU usage for Linux[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=125152]Memory & swap usage for Unix[/url][/list][/size]
nickman

Post by nickman »

thanks will update now
nickman

Post by nickman »

Right upgraded to h now.

Cant seem to geth the information back to the cacti server.
It can read the snmp i think - as it knows all the interaces of the firewalls.
I have enbled a rule on the FW's so it can talk snmp to the server - but the ps - ef command will not work on my version of the ipso on the nokia boxes. And I would like to see that both the ipso snmpd and the checkpoint snmp are running anyone know a ps switch for ipso version:

IPSO myfirewall 3.8-BUILD039 releng 1404 07.23.2004-193500 i386
nickman

Post by nickman »

My snmp walks come back like this :

root@cactiserver:~# snmpwalk -v1 -c public firewallipaddress .1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.6.7.2.4.0
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.2620.1.6.7.2.4.0 = INTEGER: 1
root@cactiserver:~#

is that a success on the IPSO snmp or the Checkpoint snmp.
Do I need to open udp port 260 for traffic back to the cacti server for the checkpoint snmp?
nickman

Post by nickman »

Ok, all my graphs work, except the firwewall graphs ! which are drawn, but empty, they have no data. The poller is running, and the snmp service is running on both the ipso and the firewall. any ideas?
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

try the following command:

ps -aux | grep snmpd
You will get a reply like this:

root       242  0.0  0.3  4172  848  ??  Ss   Fri10AM    1:59.28 /bin/snmpd -f
root       355  0.0  0.6  2392 1468  ??  Ss   Fri10AM    0:52.06 /opt/CPshared-R55/bin/cpsnmpd -p 260
if both snmpd's are running
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

What IPSo does, is that it's proxying the requests for the CheckPoint snmpd. So, if you want to get a connection-count of your firewall, you are asking IPSO to ask Checkpoint's snmp to give the connection-count.

All you need in your rulebase, is a general rule for your Cacti-host to be allowed to poll the firewall (e.g.

src			 dst			service		action
Cacti-host	Firewall	 snmp-read	 allow
philuxe

Post by philuxe »

When you graph :

- Nb of Dropped packets
- Nb of Rejected packets
- Nb of Accepted packets

I m wondering what it means exactly !

Nb of Dropped packets : per second ? per minute ? .....
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

These are COUNTER values and no CDEFs are applied to the Graph Templates. So its representing "items" per second
Reinhard
philuxe

Post by philuxe »

lvm wrote:These are COUNTER values and no CDEFs are applied to the Graph Templates. So its representing "items" per second
Reinhard
Many thanks for your fast reply, I am testing that on a IP380 based cluster, why didn't you keep the memory usage as proposed in the first template of this topic ?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

philuxe wrote:
lvm wrote:These are COUNTER values and no CDEFs are applied to the Graph Templates. So its representing "items" per second
Reinhard
Many thanks for your fast reply, I am testing that on a IP380 based cluster, why didn't you keep the memory usage as proposed in the first template of this topic ?
Oops, must have missed that. I'm just curious with some other bad things around my fw's. But by the way I discovered some other nice OIDs. Perhaps I'll get to this bit some days later ...
Reinhard
riz

Post by riz »

But by the way I discovered some other nice OIDs. Perhaps I'll get to this bit some days later ...

..ooh ooh, I'm interested! ;-) ..I for one, would appreciate any other CP/Nokia templates that might get offered up! :-)

BTW, does anyone experience huge spikes (up to 14M) on all three graphs (accepted,dropped and logged) on a policy push?

..I only just started monitoring these three last night and all were looking very pweety until I pushed a policy this morning and now I just have a nasty spike in all three (???), with no meaningful data visable??

What I don't understand is why the spike is exactly the same on all three? (either accept it or drop it!?) O_o

cheers,
riz.