MySQL Host Template -- Updated on 2006-08-10

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

philovivero

Re: trouble with this

Post by philovivero »

nexus wrote:Just installed... having the following errors from the poller
You may not have InnoDB enabled on that MySQL instance. You can comment out that whole section of mysql_stats.php if you're not using InnoDB.
power to the soul
belief to the people
nexus

Post by nexus »

well commenting out that section made those errors go away, but i'm still no joy on getting this script/template to do anything for me.

I'm using the alternate 5min poller interval XML. Script itself is unchanged other than commenting out the innodb section to quiet down the error messages for now. Database connectivity is good as far as i can tell.

I see rrdtool complaining that it can't find any of the rrd files when i view the individual graphs.

This is a stock install, and yet when viewing the graphs i see that data sources are missing or obviously incorrect, and files are missing. What gives? Are these bugs in the templates or do I have unique corruuption issues?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
nexus

Post by nexus »

UPDATE :: So I dont know what was wrong, but I dumped my cacti database, and recreated everything from scratch. now your mysql stuff works just fine. Oddly enough I dont even get any errors abouut the innodb stuff, even though I'm running the stock script again. Can't explain that one. I'm happy that it works though so I'm just gonna go with it. ;)
DarkOrb

Post by DarkOrb »

Looks great, only problem is I get a 404 when trying to download it :(

Anyone got a copy of it or somewhere to download it?
wols

Post by wols »

DarkOrb wrote:Looks great, only problem is I get a 404 when trying to download it :(

Anyone got a copy of it or somewhere to download it?
Hello,
have anybody a new URL? THX!
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

wols wrote:have anybody a new URL? THX!
Hi

The correct URL seems to be http://www.faemalia.net/mysqlUtils/teMy ... 201.tar.gz
(0201 instead of 0202).
[size=84]
[color=green]HOWTOs[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15353]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Unix[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26151]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Windows[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28175]Graph multiple servers using an SNMP proxy[/url][/list]
[color=green]Templates[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15412]Multiple CPU usage for Linux[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=125152]Memory & swap usage for Unix[/url][/list][/size]
eyechart

is this still available?

Post by eyechart »

website seems to be down. can anyone post the latest version of the templates/queries to this thread? thanks.

-ec
philovivero

Web site up. Current URL on page.

Post by philovivero »

http://www.faemalia.net/mysqlUtils/

The current URL is http://www.faemalia.net/mysqlUtils/teMy ... 203.tar.gz but that changes every time I update the script, so go to the top URL I paste into this message every time. I don't want people using old versions of the templates/scripts because I make bug fixes and/or UI fixes.

Sorry for the confusion about the 20060201 vs 0202.

I should note that probably sometime in the coming months I will do a large amount of revamping of these templates. There are a lot of stats that are graphed together that probably don't belong together or other stats that do belong together that aren't being graphed together.

Also, I will be adding physical disk I/O sometime (again, probably in the coming months) because that's generally an important statistic. For now, the best you can do is make sure you're using InnoDB and look at the InnoDB I/O statistics.
power to the soul
belief to the people
adrianmarsh
Cacti User

Post by adrianmarsh »

Ok, so I've got these running, but a few no-shows: InnoDB BufPgMem, I/O, InsBuffer and "No data found" in Query Cache and Replication.

I guess that my main problem is that I'm a MySql novice, so I don't really know what the stats are showing me. Anyone have a cheat-sheet/guide ?
philovivero

Post by philovivero »

adrianmarsh wrote:Ok, so I've got these running, but a few no-shows: InnoDB BufPgMem, I/O, InsBuffer and "No data found" in Query Cache and Replication.

I guess that my main problem is that I'm a MySql novice, so I don't really know what the stats are showing me. Anyone have a cheat-sheet/guide ?
Did you do the GRANTs from the README? As for the no data found, are you using the Query Cache and is the machine you're pointing to a replication slave?
power to the soul
belief to the people
adrianmarsh
Cacti User

Post by adrianmarsh »

I used the Administrator tool to admin the box, and the cacti user already has full access to everything.
As for the no data found, are you using the Query Cache and is the machine you're pointing to a replication slave?
Query Cache = no idea
Rep. Slave = Nope

:)
philovivero

Post by philovivero »

adrianmarsh wrote:I used the Administrator tool to admin the box, and the cacti user already has full access to everything.
So you didn't do the grants from the README. With all due respect, you might be surprised as to what "full access to everything" is. Specifically, does cacti have SUPER priv?
As for the no data found, are you using the Query Cache and is the machine you're pointing to a replication slave?
Query Cache = no idea
Rep. Slave = Nope
That's why those graphs don't have data. There's no data for them to graph. (That is to say, I'm pretty sure if you have "no idea" about query cache, you're not using it)
power to the soul
belief to the people
tribune

Post by tribune »

guys i hit a problem with the install of this just now,

new to cacti, basically moving from mrtg so i can monitor all these mysql functions that i want... however during the install

i was never prompted to enter user/password anywhere ?? and i cant for the life of me find where to do it manually for the mysql connections

*edit* in fact now i think about it, cant find where to enter in the host it is supposed to be monitoring or the user/pass, am i overlooking something easily here?

thanks guys
philovivero

Post by philovivero »

tribune wrote:i was never prompted to enter user/password anywhere....cant find where to enter in the host it is supposed to be monitoring or the user/pass, am i overlooking something easily here?
I'm not a Cacti guru, but I think how it goes is first you import the templates (sounds like you did that bit), then add a Device, then give it a hostname (ip address), then create it as a teMySQL host.

Then you will have a link that says "create graphs" on that device. Click that. Highlight everything. Choose "create."

At that point, it'll ask you for the username and password... for EVERY SINGLE GRAPH YOU CHOSE, of which there are several. I find this annoying, but that's how the template I started from did things, and I don't know enough about Cacti to fix it.

Use copy/paste magic to copy the username once, then paste it down the whole page, then copy the password, then paste it down the whole page, too. You will hate Cacti and/or me at the end, but you'll start to love us again after a couple weeks when your graphs are all there and pretty.
power to the soul
belief to the people
tribune

Post by tribune »

yep i now remember adding the hostname etc

that was all good

i clicked on the big link at the top saying CREATE GRAPHS NOW

took me to another page, i highlighted all of them (like 15or 20 of them) clicked the CREATE button bottom right

and nothing, i never got prompted to enter a user/pass combination for anything just went back to the same page from memory