End Device Tracking Add-On for Cacti

Support questions about the MAC Track plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

Worked excellent - all except DNS resolution, that's still not working. I noticed something about DNS reverse lookups in the change log, but I can't now recall what it was about. Thought I'd try disabling and renabling it first and maybe watch the process (EXCELLENT FEATURE ADD!!!) and see if it'll show me what is going on.
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

DNS is still not working how it should. I have added a simple fix on my side of things that looks like it will fix it permanently for me, but I need to get with Larry as to whether it is OK with him.
pepj
Cacti User

something is ???? ERROR: SQL Exec Failed

Post by pepj »

Hi

All seems to be good BUT when I look at the log file I can see some errors and failed (ERROR: SQL Exec Failed )?

I give you the LOG files one with debug one normal.

I give you also the 2 output-files from the commands:
"php poller_mactrack.php -d
-f -sid=3 >problem20060127MAC-Site3.txt"

"php poller_mactrack.php -d
-f -sid=3 >problem20060127MAC-Site3-DEBUG.txt"

attachements removed because "Post limitation" (the problem has been solved with new release)
Last edited by pepj on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Michel
cacti 0.8.7e | cmd & cactid (cactid 0.8.x) | Linux | MySQL Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.12, for Win32 | PHP v5.2.6 | Apache v2.x | Thold | Plugin Architecture | plugin "configuration manager" http://cactiusers.org/forums/topic257.html | plugin "IP subnet calculator IPv4 / IPV6" http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15428 | plugin banner http://docs.cacti.net/userplugin:banner | Net-SNMP 5.5.2 | cygwin 1.5.18 of 02.07.2005
tommyj

Post by tommyj »

Hi

What HP Procurves are supported with the get_procurve_switch_ports function? I've tried it against Procurve 5300 and 2600 series but neither seems to work. It seems to work with the get_generic_switch_ports though.

Also would it be possible to add support for Netscreen firewalls as well?
mgob

Post by mgob »

Well i plugged in the new version and tried to run the database_upgrade.php

and it resulted in this:

Code: Select all

[root@mail mactrack]# php database_upgrade.php
Updating Device Types in Devices Table.  Please be patient.
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/mactrack/database_upgrade.php on line 70

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/mactrack/database_upgrade.php on line 70
now i can't find anything wrong in the file so i'm stumped,

System:
FC4
MySQL 4.1
PHP 5.0.4
HTTPD-2.0.54

ideas anyone?
Steve Ollis

Post by Steve Ollis »

I think that I have the new version of MacTrack installed correctly. It's polling devices, and showing me MAC and IP addresses on the switches that I manually entered.

N00b question: is MacTrack supposed to automatically add switches and routers that it finds?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

No. Not today anyway :)
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

tommyj,

I am going to write a device_checker script to provide some information for the developer in creating device specific scanning functions.

For now, the only procurve that I was able to add was the "HP J4121A ProCurve". Any Procure device types that are different from it will require a different scanning function, or of course, the generic one.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
tommyj

Post by tommyj »

Ok, good to know. The HP J4121A (HP 4000) is slightly different from the newer ones so I guess that's the reason. I don't get the vlans or portnames with the generic_switch_ports though.

Excellent work anyway! :)
Dwayne_Dibbley
Cacti User

Post by Dwayne_Dibbley »

Running latest plugin version. Have run Database_upgrade but getting these error in log now

Poller ERROR SQL Exec failed "Replace INTO 'mac_track_ip_ranges' (ip_range,site_id,ips_current,ips_currentdate)VALUES(x.x.x.x,1,2,2006-01-30 12:40:10)

Poller ERROR SQL Exec failes "UPDATE 'mac_track_ip_ranges' SET ips_max=ips_current,ips_max_date=ips_current_date WERE ips_current > ips_max"
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Dwayne_Dibbley,

I have updated that code. I will post to SVN tonight.

Larry

torstentfk
Cacti User

Post by torstentfk »

Hi,

new version (plugin-ver) works fine especially the debug-tracking of the poller. The "Side-IP-Range" tab is empty, no IPs or MACs shown. Must i make specific changes to get it work?`(I runned database_upgrade without errors.)

Torsten
spoonman
Cacti User

Question on Status for new devices

Post by spoonman »

Guys

I've just added the MacTrack plugin to check it out. I've only added 1 device, one of our core routers. Cisco 6509 >> here is the output when i run >>
php -q mactrack_scanner.php -d -id=3 |more
DEBUG: HOST: 172.20.64.33 is alive, processing has begun.
DEBUG: WARNING: SITE: ****, IP: 172.20.64.33, TYPE: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Soft, Device Type Not Found in Device Type Table.

and then on to the bottom............
DEBUG: HOST: 172.20.64.33, IP address information collection complete
DEBUG: SQL: UPDATE mac_track_devices SET ports_total='0',device_type_id='0',scan_type = '2',vlans_total='0',ports_active='0',ports_trunk='0',macs_active='0',s
nmp_readstring='********',snmp_sysName='*****',snmp_sysLocation='',snmp_sysContact='',snmp_sysObjectID='.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.283',snmp_sysDescr='Cisco
Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(18)SXE1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) Technical Support:
http://www.cisco.com/techsupport Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by cisco Systems, Inc. Compi',snmp_sysUptime='558815827',snmp_status='4',last_runmessage='WARNING: D
evice Type Not Found in Device Type Table.',last_rundate='2006-01-31 16:06:08',last_runduration='144.3401' WHERE device_id ='3'
cacti@netstat:/home/www/htdocs/cacti/plugins/mactrack$

I notice a s72033_rp in part of the description?? Is that relavant to this working properly??

Here is an snmpwalk of the same device...........

SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
IOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(18)SXE1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compi
SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.1.283
SNMPv2-MIB::sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (558845883) 64 days, 16:20:58.83
SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING:
SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: R-MDFA.sgmc.org
SNMPv2-MIB::sysLocation.0 = STRING:
SNMPv2-MIB::sysServices.0 = INTEGER: 78
SNMPv2-MIB::sysORLastChange.0 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00

THanks guys.........any help is appreciated...
CACTI is NICE!!!!!!

Very Helpful.
olba

CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed

Post by olba »

hi all,

i implemented the mactrack plugin successfully.
adding of new devices and creating a new site was ok but when mactrack tries to poll i only get failures related to SQL Exec....

see: CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed ....

i updated the new plugin version with the new files from SVN,
imported the mactrack.sql, proceeded the database_upgrade file without any failures.

Where´s my mistake?? :-?

i´m running cacti on an w2k3 machine with mysql v.5.0.18-nt
Dwayne_Dibbley
Cacti User

Post by Dwayne_Dibbley »

last nights plugin build still having ip_ranges errors:

Code: Select all

from cacti log
02/01/2006 10:41:59 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "UPDATE `mac_track_ip_ranges` SET ips_max=ips_current, ips_max_date=ips_current_date WHERE ips_current > ips_max"  
02/01/2006 10:41:59 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "REPLACE INTO `mac_track_ip_ranges` (ip_range, site_id, ips_current, ips_current_date) VALUES (192.168.50,4,9,2006-02-01 10:35:09)"  

from mysql

Error
There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Invalid Identifer @ 95
STR: 192.168.
SQL: REPLACE INTO `mac_track_ip_ranges` (ip_range, site_id, ips_current, ips_current_date) VALUES (192.168.50,4,9,2006-02-01 10:35:09)

SQL query: 

REPLACE INTO `mac_track_ip_ranges` (ip_range, site_id, ips_current, ips_current_date) VALUES (192.168.50,4,9,2006-02-01 10:35:09) 

MySQL said:  

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.50,4,9,2006-02-01 10:35:09)' at line 1