Total Bandwidth Graphs by Day

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

MikeP

Total Bandwidth Graphs by Day

Post by MikeP »

My manager is looking for a graph that graphs total in and out bandwidth per day. Currently we are using interface stats with total bandwidth. He is looking to plot the totals on a graph for each day. Not sure if this makes any sence. I guess they want to see how much data is moving per day.

Has anyone created such a graph? Or can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

If I do understand, you're referring to the Yearly Graph. Click on your Interface Traffic Graph and you'll see four more Graphs coming up. The last one will span one year and report values that correspond to the Traffic Average for a whole day. This will allow to see trends (but will not allow to see peaks; for a discussion on this see the first few links of my signature).
Reinhard
MikeP

Post by MikeP »

lvm wrote:If I do understand, you're referring to the Yearly Graph. Click on your Interface Traffic Graph and you'll see four more Graphs coming up. The last one will span one year and report values that correspond to the Traffic Average for a whole day. This will allow to see trends (but will not allow to see peaks; for a discussion on this see the first few links of my signature).
Reinhard
lvm, what I am looking for is a graph that will show "Total bits" per day. I would like to have one data point per day showing "Total bits In" and another point showing "Totaly bits Out". So if I look for the month of January I should see 31 plots each being the total bandwidth per day.

I am not sure if that makes any sence. Like now I can use the Total Bandwidth graph and zoom to a full day "12:00-12:00" and look at the Total In and Total Out. But of course people are too lazy to look do that manually. LOL I guess what they are looking for is total data that has gone thought the WAN links per day to use for trending. So I am looking to see if I can create a graph to do it.

Thanks for the response.

Mike