APC Rack PDU's

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mgob

APC Rack PDU's

Post by mgob »

Has anyone created any templates for the APC Rack mounted metered PDU's?

If not i'll template them myself and post if anyone is interested, but i'd rather not do the work if someone else has already done it ;)
kguner

Post by kguner »

I have not, but would be interested in it if you create them.

Thanks.
rhamburg

Post by rhamburg »

I'm interested aswell

Robbert
mgob

Post by mgob »

well i'll definaty post them when i'm done, we just finished up most of our maintenance for the year in our datacenter so i havent' had time to work on them yet but i'm about to grab some energy drinks and start, expect me to post the results in a day or so :)

-MGOB
mgob

Post by mgob »

Ok got it done, works great with our APC Metered Rack PDU's below is a brief output of it but since we haven't fully deployed the pdu's we dont have much to measure but from plugging 3 machines each into a different phase we get output from all 3 (2 are the same but are definatly graphing the independent datasource)

we'll call this revision 0.1a as i'm sure we'll be adding to the functionality :)

this is exported using 0.8.6g if you have any problems with it lemme know and i will gladly help you debug

Attachments
APC_PDU_Cacti_Template.xml
full template export including all dependencies
(20.48 KiB) Downloaded 2252 times
kguner

Post by kguner »

Thanks a lot for this. I am new to this stuff but hope I can contribute back to the community in the future.
Halfwalker

Post by Halfwalker »

Hrm - this seemed to import fine. That is, no errors, Cacti just returned to the import page. But I can't find the template anywhere ...

This is 0.8.6c, running on Debian sarge/stable.

Can I drop the file somewhere in the cacti tree ?

D.
mgob

Post by mgob »

once you import it you should be able to add it to your device as a Associated Graph Template it's title is ' PDU-Output Load '

let me know if that works for you :)

-MGOB
xAvia

Post by xAvia »

I have also tried to import this XML and it does not show up in the Associated Graph Templates or anywhere in the program. I am running 0.8.6h. Currently I only have graphs setup for a few Cisco 2950 switches with no problems there.
mgob

Post by mgob »

updated

try this version.

-MGOB
Attachments
apc_rack_pdu_v0.2.xml
v 0.2
(21.66 KiB) Downloaded 2076 times
xAvia

Post by xAvia »

That worked a little better this time. The XML was imported and I now see the graph template and data templates for the PDU, but what data query am I suppose to use to gather the information? Or does this not require any data query?

Matt
mgob

Post by mgob »

no data query required, just the associated template which works great for me :)

hope it works for you, let me know if it does not and i will assist :)

-MGOB
xAvia

Post by xAvia »

Nope. I turned on the debug log, and for the APC it doesn't have an OID to search for. Far as I know the OID is setup automatically through the use of the data query. I just downloaded the PowerMIB as well, since I realized I did not have that at first. Any type of help would be appreciated, the graph is empty.

Matt
mgob

Post by mgob »

the last XML i posted had the data templates with it, if you look at the XML itself the OID's are the last 3 sections 1 for each phase.

let me know if those got imported correctly, if you can't seem to find them below are the 3 phase data templates

-MGOB
Attachments
phase1.xml
(6.17 KiB) Downloaded 922 times
phase2.xml
(6.17 KiB) Downloaded 737 times
phase3.xml
(6.17 KiB) Downloaded 971 times
xAvia

Post by xAvia »

Well those XML files did not work, but I manually opened them up and grabbed the OIDs from them and it's now working. For whatever reason the OID would never get imported, I am not sure what is going on there. Thank you for the help mgob.

Matt