MySQL Host Template -- Updated on 2006-08-10

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

JJX
Cacti User

Post by JJX »

The updates scripts arent working for me :(
The old scripts still work
cacti rulez!
philovivero

Post by philovivero »

JJX wrote:The updates scripts arent working for me :(
Did you change the rrd step/heartbeat to 300/600?
power to the soul
belief to the people
lanyao

Post by lanyao »

really good, thanks :D
JJX
Cacti User

Post by JJX »

philovivero wrote:
JJX wrote:The updates scripts arent working for me :(

i changed all to 300
cacti rulez!
AK-Whitehawk

Post by AK-Whitehawk »

Using WinRAR 3.51 I extract only one file, no readme. Perhaps I have a setting wrong in WinRAR? Any suggestions?

thanks
philovivero

Post by philovivero »

AK-Whitehawk wrote:Using WinRAR 3.51 I extract only one file, no readme. Perhaps I have a setting wrong in WinRAR?
Actually, I don't use Windows... I just remember when I did use it about a year ago, when I needed to get into .tar.gz files (or any kind of file), WinRAR did it for me. If I recall correctly, you double-click the .tar.gz, it will open it and show you something like "xyz.tar" which if you click, will show you what's inside of that.

If you install Cygwin, then you can also use that to do the Linux instructions ('tar -zxvf <filename>'). Any of you Win32 users have suggestions?
power to the soul
belief to the people
dust2k
Cacti User

Post by dust2k »

AK-Whitehawk wrote:Using WinRAR 3.51 I extract only one file, no readme. Perhaps I have a setting wrong in WinRAR? Any suggestions?

thanks
change the uncomressed file from xxx to xxx.zip then unzip again :)
philovivero

CPU Graph was Broken, Fixed and Uploaded

Post by philovivero »

The CPU graph was broken. The max valid value was 100%, but on SMP systems, the % can go up to NumCPUs*100%, for example, on our 4-way Opteron boxes, we would only see graphed values during our low periods in the middle of the night.

Up'ing the % to 3200 should allow up to 32-way boxes to properly graph.

Get the latest version, 2006-01-02 at http://www.faemalia.net/mysqlUtils/.
power to the soul
belief to the people
philovivero

Post by philovivero »

JJX wrote:
philovivero wrote:
JJX wrote:The updates scripts arent working for me :( The old scripts still work
i changed all to 300
You can't do that. The heartbeat must be 600 (or at least a bit larger than your step, which is probably 300). There's now a shellscript that will do some sed magic to change those values for you if you have a POSIX environment.
power to the soul
belief to the people
kashani

Post by kashani »

Should everything in this template work under Mysql 5.0? I'm doing some testing and seeing a few No Data Found graphs and figured I should ask before getting my hands too dirty.

kashani
philovivero

Post by philovivero »

kashani wrote:Should everything in this template work under Mysql 5.0? I'm doing some testing and seeing a few No Data Found graphs and figured I should ask before getting my hands too dirty.
Afraid you'll have to get your hands dirty. I haven't tested this under 5.0 yet.

[EDIT]
I just did it today (2006.02.01) -- Download the current tarball and replace your mysql_stats.php with the new one and it'll work with MySQL 5.0.
[/EDIT]
Last edited by philovivero on Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
power to the soul
belief to the people
kashani

Post by kashani »

It appears that I only needed to get a little dirt under my fingernails. I kept getting zeros for a number of checks mostly anything that existed in Berger's original stuff even though I could clearly see values when doing a show status. I pulled everything, but the server arg line from that section and it's working fine.

I thinking it might have been PHP 5.1.1 issues rather than Mysql. And it only seemed to be happening where the same name like Handler_delete existed in two places. In any case with minimal hacking it works with PHP 5.1.1, cacti-0.8.6h (plus mysql 5.0 fixes), and Mysql 5.0.18.

kashani
aLTeReGo

Post by aLTeReGo »

I am running on Windows and have a 5min polling interval. The shell script you provided for unix I am sure is very helpful, but could you provide an equivalent batch file ""convertXmlTo5minutePollingInterval.sh", or explain the steps I need to complete in order for my Windows Cacti w/5min poller to work correctly?

Other then that everything is working perfectly!
[img]http://dug.servebeer.com/trillian/images/smallblack/left.png[/img][img]http://dug.servebeer.com/trillian/temp/status_uid1_9.png[/img][img]http://dug.servebeer.com/trillian/temp/status_uid1_7.png[/img][img]http://dug.servebeer.com/trillian/temp/status_uid1_8.png[/img][img]http://dug.servebeer.com/trillian/temp/status_uid1_6.png[/img][img]http://dug.servebeer.com/trillian/temp/status_uid1_5.png[/img][img]http://status.gotrillian.com/img/smallblack-rendezvous-47.png[/img][img]http://dug.servebeer.com/trillian/temp/status_uid1_1.png[/img][img]http://dug.servebeer.com/trillian/images/smallblack/right.png[/img]
philovivero

Post by philovivero »

aLTeReGo wrote:I am running on Windows and have a 5min polling interval. The shell script you provided for unix I am sure is very helpful, but could you provide an equivalent batch file ""convertXmlTo5minutePollingInterval.sh", or explain the steps I need to complete in order for my Windows Cacti w/5min poller to work correctly?
You can install Cygwin from here: http://www.cygwin.com/mirrors.html, which might be the hard way to go about it unless you want to learn a little of the Unix Way of Things.

Easier would be just open up the XML file in Notepad (or your programmer's file editor of choice) and replace all strings using global search and replace.

You know what? I think maybe I'll just include both XML files in the tarball. It'll make the tarball bigger, but it's only 40K now. Right. I just did it. Now it's about 80K. That's about the size of my Fractal thumbnails now. :)

Go download the current tarball and you should find a cacti_host_template_temysql_host-step300-heartbeat600.xml inside that will make you happier.
power to the soul
belief to the people
nexus

trouble with this

Post by nexus »

Just installed... having the following errors from the poller

[root@umweb01 ~]# php /var/www/cacti/poller.php
PHP Notice: Undefined index: file_reads in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 305
PHP Notice: Undefined index: file_writes in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 306
PHP Notice: Undefined index: file_fsyncs in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 307
PHP Notice: Undefined index: insert_buffer_inserts in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 308
PHP Notice: Undefined index: insert_buffer_merged in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 309
PHP Notice: Undefined index: insert_buffer_merges in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 310
PHP Notice: Undefined index: log_writes in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 311
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buffer_pool_size in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 312
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buffer_free_pages in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 313
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buffer_database_pages in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 314
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buffer_modified_pages in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 315
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buffer_hit_rate in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 316
PHP Notice: Undefined index: queries_inside in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 317
PHP Notice: Undefined index: queries_queue in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 318
PHP Notice: Undefined index: rows_inserted in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 319
PHP Notice: Undefined index: rows_updated in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 320
PHP Notice: Undefined index: rows_deleted in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 321
PHP Notice: Undefined index: rows_read in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 322
OK u:0.00 s:0.00 r:0.03
OK u:0.00 s:0.00 r:0.04
ERROR: Not enough arguments
PHP Notice: Undefined index: file_reads in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 305
PHP Notice: Undefined index: file_writes in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 306
PHP Notice: Undefined index: file_fsyncs in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 307
PHP Notice: Undefined index: insert_buffer_inserts in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 308
PHP Notice: Undefined index: insert_buffer_merged in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 309
PHP Notice: Undefined index: insert_buffer_merges in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 310
PHP Notice: Undefined index: log_writes in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 311
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buffer_pool_size in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 312
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buffer_free_pages in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 313
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buffer_database_pages in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 314
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buffer_modified_pages in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 315
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buffer_hit_rate in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 316
PHP Notice: Undefined index: queries_inside in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 317
PHP Notice: Undefined index: queries_queue in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 318
PHP Notice: Undefined index: rows_inserted in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 319
PHP Notice: Undefined index: rows_updated in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 320
PHP Notice: Undefined index: rows_deleted in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 321
PHP Notice: Undefined index: rows_read in /var/www/cacti/scripts/mysql_stats.php on line 322
02/03/2006 03:55:42 PM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:4.2301 Method:cmd.php Processes:1 Threads:N/A Hosts:5 HostsPerProcess:5 DataSources:55 RRDsProcessed:45

any ideas?