End Device Tracking Add-On for Cacti

Support questions about the MAC Track plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

jarhead
Cacti User

Post by jarhead »

Also I have 2 Cisco 2980's running CatOS

I added them to the device types and set the scanning function to be "get_catalyst_dot1dTpFdbEntry_p" and then run them manually

I get the following response

DEBUG: SQL: UPDATE mac_track_devices SET ports_total='0',vlans_total='0',ports_active='0',ports_trunk='0',macs_active='0',snmp_readstring='******',snmp_sysName='pdx1-7a-298t-a',snmp_sysLocation='pdx1-7a',snmp_sysContact=*****',snmp_sysObjectID='.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.51',snmp_sysDescr='Cisco Systems, Inc. WS-C2980G-A Cisco Catalyst Operating System Software, Version 6.1(1) Copyright (c) 1995-2000 by Cisco Systems, Inc.',snmp_sysUptime='4118381485',snmp_status='4',last_runmessage='ERROR: Scanning Function Does Not Exist.',last_rundate='',last_runduration='0.2633' WHERE device_id ='3'

any idea?
jarhead
Cacti User

Post by jarhead »

I was able to fix the last one. I had to modify the structure of the mac_track_scanning_functions table. I changed the scanning_functions to have a length of 35 instead of 30. This allowed me to change the name to be "get_catalyst_dot1dTpDdbEntry_ports" which is the correct name for the function
jarhead
Cacti User

Post by jarhead »

Just an FYI. The 2980's are set to snmp v2 when it lists the mac address's it does so like this

DEBUG: INDEX: '0' MAC ADDRESS: 00:00:0C:07:AC:64

If I change them to snmp v1 it lists them like such

DEBUG: INDEX: '0' MAC ADDRESS: HEX-00:00:11:5D:1

I also get this error with v1

DEBUG: INDEX: '4' MAC ADDRESS: NOT USER
Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object: .1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.1.0.224.129.33.180.176

with v2 data is going into the mac_track_ips table, but nothing into the mac_track_ports table There is stuff in the mac_track_temp_ports table though Still nothing in the gui though
jarhead
Cacti User

Post by jarhead »

silly me. I just updated the files that you changed last since yesterday morning. Now it is showing ports in the devices tab. But still nothing on the mactrack tab yet. Also it is still not putting anything into the mac_track_ports table, only the mac_track_temp_ports
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

did you change directories to <cacti>/lib/mactrack and run "php database_upgrade.php"?

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
jarhead
Cacti User

Post by jarhead »

is that the process that moves from the temp table to the other table? I did run that before I added any devices
fin51

"Ignore ports" not working correctly

Post by fin51 »

Ok, I did somemore testing with the ports ignore. I have some weird switches that show ports with just a number ie: 48 . If you put a space after the colon then the number it works. However, with switches that have interfaces such as Gi0/1 putting a space after the colon will not work like this Gi01: Gi0/2. I also tried putting it without a space like this Gi0/1:Gi0/2. I have tried it every possible way and the results are the same. It only seems to work if the port in question does not have a forward slash. Let me know if you would like me to test other options or maybe a code change.

Thanks
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

fin51,

Thanks for the feedback. I have another important upgrade pending. I will attempt to address this tonight. Hopefully, Jimmy has some time to make another cut sometime within the next 24 hours. Thanks again!!

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
molbech

Post by molbech »

Hi

I have tried the mactrack feature on some allied-telesyn switches and extreme switches.

I have found i little thing in "get_base_dot1dTpFdbEntry_ports" - which causes the mactrack_scanner not to find any ports

There is a check for interface type - TYPE 6. Allied uses interface type TYPE 7 - and shoud be valid (also know as ethernet :-D)

Regards

Michael
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

lol. I guess I shoud start reading the headers on the MIB files :oops:

TheWitness...

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Corrected in SVN for now. Plugin SVN still requires updates.

TheWitness

SimonWelch

Error no tracking details

Post by SimonWelch »

I finally managed to get the plugin to be displayed and successfully added devices but no ports are being tracked. I have upgraded to 0.8.6h and updated mactrack to version 0.1b from cactiusers.org, I had to amend the SQL file and replace "ENGINE=" to "TYPE=" otherwise syntax errors were reported. Checked cacti log and the detailed SQL error is being reported.

01/09/2006 03:00:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "UPDATE mac_track_temp_ports INNER JOIN mac_track_ips ON (mac_track_temp_ports.mac_address = mac_track_ips.mac_address AND mac_track_temp_ports.scan_date = mac_track_ips.scan_date AND mac_track_temp_ports.site_id = mac_track_ips.site_id) SET mac_track_temp_ports.ip_address = mac_track_ips.ip_address"

Thanks

Simon
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

I've got the tab displayed, but clicking on it doesn't open up a new "window" - it simply shows a page within the Console tab?

Also, what scanner function is correct for the 4006? I'm not getting any data back...though I am looking back through these posts to find that setting that worked with an earlier version of mactrack.

Finally, how does one update from svn?!
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Simon,

MacTrack requires MySQL 4.x and above. MySQL 3.x will not work.

Larry

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

I am still having problems with the 4006. More to follow. I will answer the SVN thing momentarily. Don't know if Ian has opened anonymous SVN.

Larry