First timer... Can't get graph to work

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

andytakacs

First timer... Can't get graph to work

Post by andytakacs »

Ok, so this my first try to see if I can get some custom type scripts working - I want to learn more about how this software works...

Anyway, I created a quick VBScript that walks Active Directory and returns the number of members in a given group. I've been using some other scripts as examples and the documentation, most of it seems like its working but I'm getting those dreaded "NaN" results with rddtool. Here's an output of the pollers logfile that shows the relevant transactions (this is clipped, I can post an uncut version if need be)

Code: Select all

01/04/2006 11:12:06 AM - POLLER: Poller[0] CACTI2RRD: c:/rrdtool/rrdtool.exe update C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\monitoring\cacti\rra\active_directory_count_28.rrd --template Count 1136401921:250  
01/04/2006 11:12:06 AM - POLLER: Poller[0] Parsed MULTI output field 'Count:250' [map Count->Count]  
01/04/2006 11:12:06 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[5] DS[28] CMD: c:/windows/system32/cscript.exe //nologo C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/monitoring/cacti/scripts/ad_list.vbs, output: Count:250  
So, as far as Cacti is concered it seems like its gathering the data and sending it off to rrdtool, but the graph never updates with data, it just keeps logging the NaN. I tried running the rrdtool.exe update command and changed the timing up a little and rrdtool exited without any complaint but still that graph showed NaN. I also attached the export of the graph template I'm trying to use, in case thats causing the problem.

Any ideas for a struggling noob? :wink:
Attachments
cacti_graph_template_active_directory_users.xml
(6.27 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

You're mightly close!

Check the permissions of the rra folder and rrd files. Make sure the IUSR and the user running the scheduled task have Modify rights.
andytakacs

Post by andytakacs »

BSOD2600 wrote:Check the permissions of the rra folder and rrd files. Make sure the IUSR and the user running the scheduled task have Modify rights.
THANK YOU!

I had the permissions right on the rrd folder, but it wasn't setup to inherit correctly so now thats fixed and everything is running ok, thanks again!
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (22.33 KiB) Viewed 1136 times